Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Beast synergy

I'd absolutely love for another group of bots to have a synergy like the Beast team. Like I've stated in the past, it's obvious the devs have a place in their heart for the beast team because it's seems they're the answer for EVERY issue...what Brawler should I rank?
Wait for Primal.
How to get past shock or bleed mods?
Run a Beast team.
Best raid team?
Run a Beast team.
Who has the absolutely best synergy of the entire game?
Well obviously the Beast team.
I'm beginning to feel this game should be called Beast Wars and friends.
I grew up on G1 so Beast Wars are a bit after my time, and I was in the "Trukk not Monkey" line of thought.
I have a few good 5* beast characters but they sit on the shelf but them being the answer to just about every hard problem is growing tiresome.
A bit of balance is needed in that the Decepticons STILL don't have a decent reliable healer. I had Shockwave at sig 100 and was an absolute waste of resources.
Can we puhhleease get some synergy down the road that is similar to this that doesn't have Beast team written all over it?

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Can we puhhleease get some synergy down the road that is similar to this that doesn't have Beast team written all over it?

9dmh403939yu.jpg
    4kctgfyuq12t.jpg
    A bit of balance is needed in that the Decepticons STILL don't have a decent reliable healer.

Is Megatronus a joke to you? Is Kickback a joke to you?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited June 2019

@Gunz0

Wow man why so offended? kind of a strong reaction to something not aimed at you.
    No they're not jokes, but they're also not reliable healers. They have a heal capability but let's compare that to Ratchet and Hound and their medic synergies.
    Is there a Decepticon that heals other bots?
    Did I miss one?
    My point is that the Beast synergy purifies every single other bot on the team. There's not another synergy even close to that.
    The Autobots have not one, but 2 healers that heal other bots pretty reliably.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    @Gunz0

Wow man why so offended? kind of a strong reaction to something not aimed at you.
    No they're not jokes, but they're also not reliable healers. They have a heal capability but let's compare that to Ratchet and Hound and their medic synergies.
    Did I miss one?
    My point is that the Beast synergy purifies every single other bot on the team. There's not another synergy even close to that.
    The Autobots have not one, but 2 healers that heal other bots pretty reliably.

o1kw1gk7u1dk.jpeg
    One does tend to get defensive when someone asks "is this a joke to you?" Especially when the point was missed all together:)
    One does tend to get defensive when someone asks "is this a joke to you?" Especially when the point was missed all together:)

Well he wasn’t offended at all in the first place, just pointing out that Megatronus has good healing (though I have no idea why he mentioned kickback since his healing is average).

Aside from that though the game DEFINITELY does not rely on the beast wars synergy, in my whole 2 years playing this game I’ve never used it and I’ve gotten along fine. If you like using G1 bots then use them, Optimus Prime, Wheeljack, Megatron are brilliant bots to use. If you want purification than run Grimlock and Tantrum they’re brilliant
    I absolutely love Grimlock. He's my mostly useful 4* and I'm patiently awaiting his dup as a 5*.
    I finally got a 5* OG Prime and Ratchet in a 5* version.
    Megatron doesn't heal, doesn't purify, and if he actually steals the heal buff it lasts what, 3 seconds max?
    I'm leveling my 4* Tantrum because he's just a really enjoyable character to play with and if I could possibly dup Grim this month I may buy his 5* version, otherwise I'm clutching my chips, but they are burning a hole in my pocket.
    But all that being said, none of those synergies even touch the Beast synergy. They're good yes, but no where even close.
    And still no healing Con synergy.
    I'm hoping upon all hopes that we will see Nemesis Prime and maybe..just maybe...a life steal ability:)
    I absolutely love Grimlock. He's my mostly useful 4* and I'm patiently awaiting his dup as a 5*.
    I finally got a 5* OG Prime and Ratchet in a 5* version.
    Megatron doesn't heal, doesn't purify, and if he actually steals the heal buff it lasts what, 3 seconds max?
    I'm leveling my 4* Tantrum because he's just a really enjoyable character to play with and if I could possibly dup Grim this month I may buy his 5* version, otherwise I'm clutching my chips, but they are burning a hole in my pocket.
    But all that being said, none of those synergies even touch the Beast synergy. They're good yes, but no where even close.
    And still no healing Con synergy.
    I'm hoping upon all hopes that we will see Nemesis Prime and maybe..just maybe...a life steal ability:)

If you’ve got Optimus Prime and ratchet as a 5* then definitely work on them they’re an unbeatable duo, ratchet isn’t talked about much nowadays but with skill he definitely holds his own.
    edited June 2019
    @Gunz0

No they're not jokes, but they're also not reliable healers.

Offended person = U

Their repairs pretty "reliable" and useful to me.
    Kitten wrote: »
    , just pointing out that Megatronus has good healing (though I have no idea why he mentioned kickback since his healing is average).

Here's what Kickback does on his SP3
    wntodnua543c.png
    So, every time he uses his SP3, he gets 9% health back unless you don't have enough power leaks on the opponent for some reason. But if you're lucky enough to land 2-3 crits on those hits, you'll get around 15-18% health back. That's why I considered KB to be the best Decepticon healer back when Megatronus wasn't around.

@Gunz0

They have a heal capability but let's compare that to Ratchet and Hound and their medic synergies.
    Did I miss one?.
    New topic: Decepticon Healing synergies
    Unfortunately no, unless you count Jetfire-Shockwave Brain Drain synergy (Jetfire is still an ex-cepticon so... )

I really do hope more healing synergies like this will exist in the future. Perhaps a "Dark Matrix" synergy from Nemesis Prime or a "Maintenance" synergy from Hook?
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited June 2019
    I don't think it was a new topic, I think it was just misunderstood as to what he meant by healer.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I'd like to go ahead and say.... Most players don't understand how to utilize Shockwave's Sig.

Don't think of it as a heal.. think of it as invulnerability. If it triggers when you charge a power bar, it's a license to go ham for 8 seconds and throw caution to the wind.

You will gain all health back even if you ate a special attack (that doesn't cause heal block).

Try it.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Manthro wrote: »
    I'd like to go ahead and say.... Most players don't understand how to utilize Shockwave's Sig.

Don't think of it as a heal.. think of it as invulnerability. If it triggers when you charge a power bar, it's a license to go ham for 8 seconds and throw caution to the wind.

You will gain all health back even if you ate a special attack (that doesn't cause heal block).

Try it.

It's 4 seconds, unless I'm missing something.
    Either way, at sig100 Shockwave only had like a 31ish% of activating the sig.
    It was useful as the license to take risks, and that's how I used it.
    Don't get me wrong, he's a beast, especially when stacked with a tech team. Those shocks melt opponents.
    @Gunz0 , I'm hoping for Hook also...hed be a shoe in for a healer position. Basically one of the few healers the Cons have.
    Maybe we'll get some wild life steal/dark heal type thing next month. It would definitely suit Nemesis Primes profile.
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    edited June 2019
    sjgusb8fs0oq.png

Well, how about a Beast-Blademaster with some added unblockable thrown in the mix? :wink:

I know what the OP is hinting at but this is combo is just too good to pass. People will go after the characters that they enjoy using most of the time. That, coupled with the fact that resources are scarce and the randomness of getting toons kinda limits your options.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Try it.

You are correct. For some reason I thought the window got longer as the Sig went up, but that's not the case.

Still quite useful when taken advantage of to its fullest.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Try it.

Except against AM Galvatron. Because he’ll one shot you with a heavy and you’ll die before the undo kicks in.
    Darm0k wrote: »

Try it.

Except against AM Galvatron. Because he’ll one shot you with a heavy and you’ll die before the undo kicks in.

Well, no amount of advice can help stupid. Common sense is a universal requirement for survival.

Try it.

You are correct. For some reason I thought the window got longer as the Sig went up, but that's not the case.

It’s a nice ability, but not game changing
    Kitten wrote: »

Try it.

It’s a nice ability, but not game changing

Icing on a cake
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I've always used Decepticon synergies. Never relied on BW bots because I think they aren't very good.

I've always just thought the purify was for players who weren't careful enough or wouldn't adjust their style to deal with mods that cause debuffs.
    edited June 2019
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I've always used Decepticon synergies. Never relied on BW bots because I think they aren't very good.

I've always just thought the purify was for players who weren't careful enough or wouldn't adjust their style to deal with mods that cause debuffs.

The purify is just a huge additional advantage.

The real bonus is getting +20% melee buff for 4s after each heavy attack. Everyone forgets that part of the synergy.

Ends fights quickly, especially when using Rhinox Scorponok or primal, where it stacks on top of their already existing attack buffs in their skillset.

Throwing Tantrum into the party makes it even more insane, because you doubledown on the attack buff and get a chance to break block.

Helps make wasp and Dinobot hit harder when combined with their resistance/armour debuffs and pierce as well.

Beast teams are extremely efficient.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    DaveJL wrote: »

The purify is just a huge additional advantage.

The real bonus is getting +20% melee buff for 4s after each heavy attack. Everyone forgets that part of the synergy.

Ends fights quickly, especially when using Rhinox Scorponok or primal, where it stacks on top of their already existing attack buffs in their skillset.

Throwing Tantrum into the party makes it even more insane, because you doubledown on the attack buff and get a chance to break block.

Helps make wasp and Dinobot hit harder when combined with their resistance/armour debuffs and pierce as well.

Beast teams are extremely efficient.

That's fine in arena or raids, maybe even spotlight. Have to be careful in AM though...