Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Buy Bots With Energon

Can we Please, please, please buy the featured bots (and maybe past bots) with energon or cash? My luck with featured bots and 5* crystals ran out almost immediately after 5* were introduced. Maybe 500 energon for the 3*, 1500 for the 4* and 3000 for the 5*. Something like that, hell, anything like that. Its bad enough that there's only a 1.5% chance of getting a 5* from the featured crystal, but then its another long shot with having maybe a 1 in 30 chance of getting the bot you're after. Everyone is dumping time into the game, and whatever resources they can get through playing, but that's not really enough to get it. Maybe add 2% or 3% per commander level over 45 to that 1.5% chance to get the 5* bot and if you get a 5*, then maybe a 50% or more chance that you get one of the featured bots with that chance decreasing each time you get a featured bot (so the chance for duping goes down to what the chance is for duping any other bot).

Right now, its pretty much guaranteed everyone playing, even newbies, will be able to get a 3* featured bot right away, and before the month is out almost everyone will be able to get the 4*, dupe it and get it up to rank 4 or 5 by the end of the month. But getting the featured 5*, muchless getting it to rank 2, from a crystal won't happen for more than 99% of the players, even if they dump hundreds into the energon to buy the crystals for that 1.5%, then 3% shot at getting the bot. And that means very few players will be able to complete the monthly objectives unless they have some seriously crazy luck with the crystals or are a top tier player who can complete and fully explore Expert and Master level missions. I also know they can be purchased with the bot chips, but for casual and even semi-serious players it could take months still to save up enough chips for that purchase and getting the chips you need to buy the bot in June doesn't mean squat if the bot you wanted was featured in March.

There have been plenty of deals in the past for some random bot or team of bots to be purchased. Why not have that deal available for the featured bots also? The bot could be gotten by dumb, random luck via crystal, purchased by a lot of time and thumb exercising via bot chips, or purchased once for those that may have the money but lack the skill, time or random luck to otherwise get the desired bot.

What about a 'trade-in' or forge or whatever. I'd gladly sacrifice or give away 5 or 6 of other 5* bots to be able to get the one or two that I really want. I understand that the buying or trading in or whatever, makes the objectives that require getting the bot kinda pointless but the reward for those objectives is pretty small anyway (sig upgrades are useless until you get the bot duped, which still isn't a sure thing even if you can buy it). And if more players get that out of the way, they have more time to spend trying to accomplish the harder objectives, which means more time spent, possibly more money spent, and player enjoyment increases exponentially.

I'm just spitballing ideas here for better ways to get featured bots in the hands of more players, outside of dumb luck with crystals or having to whale your way to the featured bots. Not everyone is going to like every featured bot, but if more players could get the bots they actually wanted to play with, then more players would be playing the game, which means more ads watched and more energon purchased, which means more money for Kabam.

Comments

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I'd rather not
  • No
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    P2W.
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    Nope. This is a terrible idea because then everyone would be roaming around with the best five-star bot, making this game basically pay-to-win. The good players don't need these things and the only reason Kabam has the bot deals is so they can make extra money.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited June 2019
    Guys, that’s exactly why all the chip bot are trash.......

Did u notice for past 4 months all chip bot are trash?

Only one that was good was OP and that was for anniversary......

Reason is to avoid everyone walking with best bots around.

So if u want a good bot, u have to go through RNG
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Pass. I have 5000+ Energon, and I no longer have any reason to buy any more bots or 4* Crystals. What I would like to see, however, is more opportunities to buy exclusive mod Crystals & T2m Spark Crystals with Energon.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    小龙女 wrote: »

Which bots were trash? Lol. Every bot released with bot chips was good. Take no offense, but ogp isnt the best in his class.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    You wouldn't like the price anyways. Offers for 4*s (with a mod I think) pop up for 2k energon. I imagine a 5* would be very expensive. It wouldn't be 3k ... Maybe triple that or more.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

Errr..... shockwave isn’t trash. In fact he’s one of the top top bots in the game. I’d happily give 5 of my 5* for shockwave, even unduped.

And that’s just last month. Barely any bots are trash, just some are situational.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Featured bot are kinda available via energon. You just have to keep buying the featured crystal until you get the bot you want. How much energon you spend depends on how (un)lucky you are.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Beastdad wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »
    You wouldn't like the price anyways. Offers for 4*s (with a mod I think) pop up for 2k energon. I imagine a 5* would be very expensive. It wouldn't be 3k ... Maybe triple that or more.

I think everyone knows that price for 4*'s needs to be drastically updated.

2500 for them is insulting at this stage of the game.

Mcoc has been out for going on 5 years and the price of a 4* there is STILL 2500 units so its not gonna change. Ever.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Rocsolid wrote: »

Which bots were trash? Lol. Every bot released with bot chips was good. Take no offense, but ogp isnt the best in his class.

This x1000