Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

AM universal bot - now and future

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
It is really difficult to grasp goodness of a bot unless u really play all routes in high lvl AM and been long long time player that experimented with all kinda high rank bots......(reading bot description doesn’t really help too much..and I actually browsed through top alliance bots)

So can pros give us noobs some opinions what is best bots in priority order for AM now and future? (Bots that is good against many types of mod bots situations)

I will give u a bot that is not good in many situations. Rhinox. He does only melee damage I believe, against physical resistance he does like 0 damage

Let me start (priority order)
1. Megatronus (why he is godly I don’t actually understand, is dark burn physical or energy attack? Is his heal reliable at all? Switching between relics is annoying?) how good is his power steal?

2. Prowl (I play him, he is so good and popular, he does both melee and energy damage. Just back step power gen buff up)

3. Megatron (buff steal? Can he steal all mod effects permanently? Or only temporarily? Like ranged reflect etc....what else is he good for other than maybe some 40% damage mitigation?)

4. Shockwave (is he actually that good? I see people drop galvatron and tronus with him like nothing, but from what I played and tested his drain ability is not that good, blocking ranged to generate shock stacks can put u into dangerous situations, I don’t actually understand why he is good at all. I could never keep tronus from hitting 1 bar ever) is Wheeljack or rinox or mirage better as universal bots?

5. Primal (not sure what he is good for other than beast purification and double edge mastery) also primal make it so inflexible for team comp. how about thundercracker?

6. Drift (he is only good cuz he does ton of damage? his precision buff is not that reliable, iNightSkies said he once hit bumblebee and bumblebee evaded and immediately specialed him..) how about scorponok? Scorpo has insane damage but against evade mod like power gain and such, or like cheetor. he is bad.

Comments

• Options
    Idk
  • Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    You need to learn these bots properly, and spend some time extensively using them. Rhinox, primal, shockwave megs and tronus are all top bots for a reason.

Rhinox has bleed on ranged, can power lock and shields inflict shock on melee specials, a very versatile bot and highly durable for one that can’t heal.

Primal can heal from bleeds, has crit immunity with a single armour stack, amazing synergies, again very versatile. A long fighter.

Megatron. Where to start. Steals buffs. Ok, the steal is only temporary, but it removes the buff from the opponent. Easy access to permanent armour break, the damage migitation as mentioned, an amazing shock, great synergies, including a power rate reduction. All can be made permanent. A truly top bot.

Shockwave generates 3 shock stacks from sp1 alone, and 5 from sp3. Factor that into the ones he generates from blocking, and you’ll see how effective he is. The god of power control.

Tronus dark burn melts through any WJ shield, does instant dot damage (so technically energy, not physical), so it’s over before grim or primal can purify. His health steal is very effective and once you’ve got the relics set in the pattern you want, he’s immortal.

There’s a ton of other reasons others can add, and I don’t mean to come across as the ‘you’re wrong!’ brigade without giving you the basic reasons. But in a game where there isn’t a truly ‘bad’ bot, you need to look at the ones that stand out, and I’m not really sure you’ve grasped what makes these bots the top bots of choice for many players.

If your not sure why they’re classed as the best, it might be better to ask why instead of saying they’re bad if you don’t fully understand what makes them great.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @Mr_Wonderful thanks man for your detailed reply.

I am more interested in “universally good bot”. Not bot that is good in some situations.

1. Tronus. I see now, since dark burn deals energy damage he is good against both physical and energy resistance. U play defense on defense relic and offensive on offensive relic, so he is real good.

2. Primal, he is too physical. Inflexible team comp.

3.rhinox does 0 damage against physical resistance so I wouldn’t say he is good universally..

4. Shockwave, energy only, if u have prowl I don’t see why bring him. He is inferior to prowl.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2019
    Rhinox doesn't do 0 damage vs physical resistances, he has an energy based basic ranged attack. He also lands a large number of bleeds, so he can circumvent the physical damage resistances nicely.

Drift and Bludgeon, however, have all physical based damage, except for Bludgeon S2 and maybe 3. Drift has bleed, so he can circumvent, but bludgeon is a terrible choice for AM.

Primal is mostly physical damage, but because of his synergy with Beast teams, he is necessary when running beasts.

He can play in some lanes, you just have to assign a beast team player the right ones.

Wasp is excellent on the AM map because he nullifies resistances, as does Starscream.

Starscream and wasp are two of the best choices for AM. the problem is finding a solution for damage debuffs, and/or a healer.

KB fits the bill for shock block lanes, but you are weak against bleed and burn running a Scream/wasp/KB team (and you're not taking advantage of any worthwhile synergies)

Scream/wasp/Grim or Tantrum or TC is also a viable team though.

As is Scream/Grim/WJ

there's lots of options.. again, depends on what lanes you run.
  • Options
    RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Manthro wrote: »
    Rhinox doesn't do 0 damage vs physical resistances, he has an energy based basic ranged attack. He also lands a large number of bleeds, so he can circumvent the physical damage resistances nicely.

Drift and Bludgeon, however, have all physical based damage, except for Bludgeon S2 and maybe 3. Drift has bleed, so he can circumvent, but bludgeon is a terrible choice for AM.

Primal is mostly physical damage, but because of his synergy with Beast teams, he is necessary when running beasts.

He can play in some lanes, you just have to assign a beast team player the right ones.

Wasp is excellent on the AM map because he nullifies resistances, as does Starscream.

Starscream and wasp are two of the best choices for AM. the problem is finding a solution for damage debuffs, and/or a healer.

KB fits the bill for shock block lanes, but you are weak against bleed and burn running a Scream/wasp/KB team (and you're not taking advantage of any worthwhile synergies)

Scream/wasp/Grim or Tantrum or TC is also a viable team though.

As is Scream/Grim/WJ

there's lots of options.. again, depends on what lanes you run.

Scream can also null reflect, evasion, etc. To null absorb you have to hit them with an sp3(doesnt work on um as defense buffs get nulld first).
  • Options
    @Manthro thanks man I thought bleed is physical? So bleed is neither physical nor energy? How about other Debuffs like acid and burn? I assume shock is energy.
  • Options
    For higest diff - MV1,Drift, tronus
    or
    OGP, Prowl and tronus/Wj

Mv1 has one of the biggest damage ability on Special, can heal from bleed and surprisingly dont know how but his specials bypass physical resistance, he gives good synergy to both tronus and drift. And finally at most highest diff where you can die only by taking a normal combo his sig ability save your life for a while and gives you a chance to do great damage trough those melee buffs.

Drift- trust me i personally use my drift on diff 120 and i can assure you that he can do frequently higher critical damage, he doesn't guarantee to stop evade but yeah most of the time he stop it, he has the highest bleed rate in the game and they are deadly once you reach 15 combo ( deep wound mastery comes handy here) so i dont bother if the bot has physical or energy resistance buffs , i like to watch them dieing just by bleed... ( Dirft definitely needs some skill)

Tronus- we all know how he is once we truly know how to play with him...for highest diff he is essential to fight and heal.. he is the bot who can control power, can heal, can resist huge damage, can dark burn, can make bigger critical damage ( not much frequently ) and last not least his relic of immortality buys you 10 seconds from any kind of damage.

Ogp- first use the sp3 and then just watch the magic of bleed.. try to use specials following by a heavy which activate his attack buff and witness some great damage.... his specials also bypass any kind of physical resistance

Prowl - you know about him a lot already lol

Wj- Here comes the true immortal bot, at highest diff the fights are very long...once you get 3 power buff he just reach sp3 within very few hits , unlimited heal and his ultra super shield ( avoid bots with bleed and shock + dont eat Galvatron sp2 dark burn).....if you are at above 80 % hp use sp1 that drain one bar of power and has chance to do shock damage...

All these bots even good without any kind of synergy...

For the future use i would recommend megatronus, ogp, mv1,drift, prowl, wj each of one class
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    For higest diff - MV1,Drift, tronus
    or
    OGP, Prowl and tronus/Wj

Mv1 has one of the biggest damage ability on Special, can heal from bleed and surprisingly dont know how but his specials bypass physical resistance, he gives good synergy to both tronus and drift. And finally at most highest diff where you can die only by taking a normal combo his sig ability save your life for a while and gives you a chance to do great damage trough those melee buffs.

Drift- trust me i personally use my drift on diff 120 and i can assure you that he can do frequently higher critical damage, he doesn't guarantee to stop evade but yeah most of the time he stop it, he has the highest bleed rate in the game and they are deadly once you reach 15 combo ( deep wound mastery comes handy here) so i dont bother if the bot has physical or energy resistance buffs , i like to watch them dieing just by bleed... ( Dirft definitely needs some skill)

Tronus- we all know how he is once we truly know how to play with him...for highest diff he is essential to fight and heal.. he is the bot who can control power, can heal, can resist huge damage, can dark burn, can make bigger critical damage ( not much frequently ) and last not least his relic of immortality buys you 10 seconds from any kind of damage.

Ogp- first use the sp3 and then just watch the magic of bleed.. try to use specials following by a heavy which activate his attack buff and witness some great damage.... his specials also bypass any kind of physical resistance

Prowl - you know about him a lot already lol

Wj- Here comes the true immortal bot, at highest diff the fights are very long...once you get 3 power buff he just reach sp3 within very few hits , unlimited heal and his ultra super shield ( avoid bots with bleed and shock + dont eat Galvatron sp2 dark burn).....if you are at above 80 % hp use sp1 that drain one bar of power and has chance to do shock damage...

All these bots even good without any kind of synergy...

For the future use i would recommend megatronus, ogp, mv1,drift, prowl, wj each of one class

Wow, that’s what I need to know man. I was wondering if I should forge up wj once they potentially release him next month. Now I have some good idea. Also wondered why so many so many people go with MV, now I see

Also I have ogp but not megatron so I always though ogp is bad but u are changing my ideas
  • Options
    小龙女 wrote: »
    @Manthro thanks man I thought bleed is physical? So bleed is neither physical nor energy? How about other Debuffs like acid and burn? I assume shock is energy.

Damage debuffs are just what they are. They aren't energy based or physical. They do the damage they do no matter what, unless there is a specific resistance to them or the debuff duration itself.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Jetfire - Block proficiency on well times blocks, healing and stuns on blocks. Good mix of physical and energy damage, has DOT and power control.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited July 2019

4. Shockwave, energy only, if u have prowl I don’t see why bring him. He is inferior to prowl.

This is a cool thread. The challenge here is how one defines “universal” and what that actually means. In the example you gave above, you are stating 2 inaccuracies/assumptions:

1. Shockwave is NOT energy only. His melee attacks are physical.

2. I love Prowl too, but would choose Shocky over him any day because Shocky’s ceiling is higher. Here’s what I mean. In the spirit of your “universal” idea, Shocky’s DOT is in fact universal. No armor, shielding, or resistance can stop it. The exception to this is Purification itself but otherwise I regularly cut down bots like MV1 and Tronus in situations where they would otherwise be immune to any health loss (eg. 4 Armor stacks for MV1 which is essentially an invincibility buff and Tronus’ resist cycles). Shocky’s DOT cuts right through both. Without going into too much detail, I am getting single hits with Shocky to the tune of 20-25k health loss for the enemy.

In my opinion, no bot is universal in all situations. However, there are those that are effective in more situations than others hence making them “more universal” from my view of things. Those would be Tronus and Shocky.

P.S. I’ve used my quotation quota for the day.

• Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Jetfire - Block proficiency on well times blocks, healing and stuns on blocks. Good mix of physical and energy damage, has DOT and power control.

Totally forgot about JF. He would definitely make my list of universal or close to it bots.
  • Options
    @JIMMY_SAB I see! I totally understand now. I thought SW dot is bad against energy resistance. Now I see why people do galvatron and SW easy with him. In that sense he is indeed very good.

Personally I still prefer prowl for his utility. Against physical resistance, just save for sp2 which does huge damage. Against energy resistance use sp1 and do regular combos
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    DaveJL wrote: »

This. Healing bots such as JF, Ratchet and WJ are always good for AM.

Speaking of Tech bot, I'd also like to add Mirage to the list due to how versatile he is. Mirage mostly deals physical damage, but he still has energy damage on the last hit of his SP1; he has a guaranteed evade on heavy attacks (which works incredibly well on Ranged Speed paths) and a reliable power drain on his ranged attacks. He also has Block Breaks once he's awakened, but I still think his signature ability needs to be at a high level to truly be useful.
    On top of all that, his damage is amazing after using SP3. This ability will come in use in longer boss battles due to how long it takes to stack up all those attack buffs.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Does anybody know if MV1 signature can trigger again when I revive to 2% hp? And if it does can he take some big melee hits with that 2%? (I guess it only triggers when he has higher than 20% and drops below. So 2% revive don’t do anything)

@UnknownShadow2021
  • Options
    Does anybody know if MV1 signature can trigger again when I revive to 2% hp? And if it does can he take some big melee hits with that 2%? (I guess it only triggers when he has higher than 20% and drops below. So 2% revive don’t do anything)

@UnknownShadow2021

It will trigger once per fight, even if he is below 20%

But, he has to be able to to absorb the blocking damage on the first hit.
  • Options

@UnknownShadow2021

Thanks! Aha, I see your point, he has to survive to trigger the signature, so maybe like 10% revive or something and at least he can take some bullet hits

• Options

@UnknownShadow2021

Thanks! Aha, I see your point, he has to survive to trigger the signature, so maybe like 10% revive or something and at least he can take some bullet hits

If you block, it still triggers.