Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: Boosts

Commander!

We have even more intel on a brand new feature that is coming with the 2.0 release!

Introducing, Boosts!

Boosts are consumable items that offer a variety of different effects or advantages for a limited-time. There are a variety of different effects that range from increasing a Bot’s Health, to increasing the amount of experience you receive to aid your growth as a Commander.

There are also certain boosts that only work in certain modes, like a Boost that can reverse the effects of Mods in the upcoming Spotlight Mission!

How do you obtain Boosts? Some Boosts will be available for purchase through the store, while others will only be attainable as rewards throughout the game.

So what can you expect to see when you boot up 2.0 for the first time? These are the boosts that will be available right away!

Tier 1 Damage Boost - Increases Attack Rating for all Bots by +10% in all game modes. Does not stack with other Damage Boosts.

Tier 1 Health Boost – Increases maximum Health for all Bots by +15% in all game modes. Does not stack with other Health Boosts.

30-Minute XP Boost – Increases all XP gains by +50% in Story and Event Missions. Does not stack with other XP Boosts.

2-Hour XP Boost – Increases all XP gains by +50% in Story and Event Missions. Does not stack with other XP Boosts.

12-Hour XP Boost – Increases all XP gains by +50% in Story and Event Missions. Does not stack with other XP Boosts.

Temporal Boost – Reverses the effects of the Temporal Anomalizer Modules found in “A Question of Loyalty” Spotlight Missions.

There you have it Commanders. We hope that you’re as excited about the potential advantage these Boosts can offer you as we are. You’ll get to try them out first hand after you download Version 2.0 tomorrow!

Comments

• SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    edited June 2017
    XP boosts... good.

Stat boosts... not so much. Content essentially gets balanced around boosts and it becomes an added tax. Or takes a step down the p2w route. Like raid heals, this is not something I believe belongs in the game. Not a huge deal over all in MCoC, so I don't think it will be game breaking.
  • Lomar4976Lomar4976 Posts: 11
    edited June 2017
    "Temporal Boost – Reverses the effects of the Temporal Anomalizer Modules found in “A Question of Loyalty” Spotlight Missions."

I hope I'm just being overly pessimistic here, but this sounds remarkably like 'you must spend energon to get this boost to be able to complete the new challenge' - its no longer 'pay to win' it becomes 'pay to take part' which is completely ludicrous.
  • Lomar4976 wrote: »
    "Temporal Boost – Reverses the effects of the Temporal Anomalizer Modules found in “A Question of Loyalty” Spotlight Missions."

I hope I'm just being overly pessimistic here, but this sounds remarkably like 'you must spend energon to get this boost to be able to complete the new challenge' - its no longer 'pay to win' it becomes 'pay to take part' which is completely ludicrous.

You actually won't be able to purchase the Temporal Boost. It can only be obtained as a reward, and is also not necessary to beat the Node, but does make it easier/adds a little variety if you choose to use it!
  • Serapth wrote: »
    XP boosts... good.

Stat boosts... not so much. Content essentially gets balanced around boosts and it becomes an added tax. Or takes a step down the p2w route. Like raid heals, this is not something I believe belongs in the game. Not a huge deal over all in MCoC, so I don't think it will be game breaking.

That's an understandable concern, but this is not the direction we're going when we decide on and tune difficulty of content. While they will definitely give you an edge in Battle, we don't intend to make them necessary to complete content.
  • Lomar4976Lomar4976 Posts: 11
    Lomar4976 wrote: »

You actually won't be able to purchase the Temporal Boost. It can only be obtained as a reward, and is also not necessary to beat the Node, but does make it easier/adds a little variety if you choose to use it!

Thanks for the clarification - very much appreciated. Having had a bit of a play around with the new missions and the daily bonuses linked to the mission, I'm quite impressed with how it's being done. Only slight concern I have is that the missions stages are very long and I find that I can't get very far without running out of energy - hopefully the quicker hour long refreshes for guild requests will help with that.

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    p2w boosting is not a good idea. I know another type of games that had the idea during alpha to do this and removed it after like a week, due to the overwhelming negative response.
  • Javy81Javy81 Posts: 2
    The boosts doesn't make any difference when I play the hard level.