Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Why is it....

That all bots share a move set with another bot...except Beast Wars bots? They each have a very unique attack animation.
Am I mistaken? Is there actually a Beast bot that shares like movements?
I know Wasp and Ramjet are alot alike, but Skorp, Primal, Dinobot, ..Can't tell if Rhinox has a unique movement

Comments

• Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    Rhinox is similar to MV1, but the rest of them are different, and that makes sense.

Each of the Primes has their own movement: G1 has rigid, uniform "boxer" jabs; MV1 "lashes" out at an opponent; Primal has a more fluid, simian fighting style.

Dinobot is less of a stereotypical"Japanese-samurai-honour-posing" Bot and more of a fencer, so his style is a lot more "fence-y".

Scorponok has a style similar to Hot Rod(wavy punches, final hit of Medium Attack is a backflip).

Hope this clears things up, and I really had a lot of fun typing this.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I think OP’s trying to say that all bots share a victory animation with another bot, except for Dinobot.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    I think OP’s trying to say that all bots share a victory animation with another bot, except for Dinobot.

But he says "attack animation". I think he means the attack style, like how the melee attacks look and stuff.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2019
    Jazz doesn't share his move set with anyone.. I don't think Blastard does either.

Yeah, there is some overlap with quite a few bots, but many are unique.

I think Hound also has a unique set if I'm not mistaken
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2019
    Rhinox fights like Ratchet, which makes a bit sense since they're both the main scientists/medics of their team.

As mentioned before, Dinobot's fighting style is more similar to fencing, possibly due to Dinobot's Shakespeare-like personality. Or because Dinobot is just awesome.

As for the others, the show explains that they will retain some traits of their animalistic counterparts. For example, Cheetor purs in his sleep. It's cute.
    Primal has a taste for bananas.
    Inferno thinks he's an ant. No really, he does.

So, because of this, their animations are influenced by their animalistic minds, a trait other bots don't share.

Scorponok attacks with his stinger because he's part scorpion.
    Primal fights in an aggressive, acrobatic style, like how apes are very agile.
    Cheetor fights very quickly, slashing and "biting" his prey, like a cheetah. And because he's a bit of a daredevil.

G1 and Bayverse fight in a normal and militaristic style because they didn't undergo such radical changes.
    The Beast Warriors, are a mix of animal and bot, showing the difference between some.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    I think Hound also has a unique set if I'm not mistaken

Hound does.

His first medium attack has him hit you with his belly.

And his last light attack in a combo has him shoot you at a close-range.
  • There are other bots that have the own attack animations as well.

Megatron G1:
    Mostly attacks with one hand (what a boss) before the occasional close-ranged fusion cannon shot or kick. Nobody attacks like this.

Galvatron:
    This character is surprisingly athletic.
    He starts his combos by kicking the opponent in the face! He has the occasional close-ranged particle beam cannon shot like Megatron, but Galvatron's attack animations wildly differ from his.

Megatronous:
    Uses palm blasts at the end of combo attacks.

Hut Rud:
    Attacks with occasional flips and kicks that aren't seen in other bots.

Kickback:
    Attacks with some weird monkey-kung-fu (at least that's how I describe it). And he likes to kick a lot in his combo animations. Hence the first part of his name.

Jetfire:
    He's massive, so he attacks by usually attacking downward. At least I believe his animations are unique, not too sure.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    There are other bots that have the own attack animations as well.

Megatron G1:
    Mostly attacks with one hand (what a boss) before the occasional close-ranged fusion cannon shot or kick. Nobody attacks like this.

Galvatron:
    This character is surprisingly athletic.
    He starts his combos by kicking the opponent in the face! He has the occasional close-ranged particle beam cannon shot like Megatron, but Galvatron's attack animations wildly differ from his.

Megatronous:
    Uses palm blasts at the end of combo attacks.

Hut Rud:
    Attacks with occasional flips and kicks that aren't seen in other bots.

Kickback:
    Attacks with some weird monkey-kung-fu (at least that's how I describe it). And he likes to kick a lot in his combo animations. Hence the first part of his name.

Jetfire:
    He's massive, so he attacks by usually attacking downward. At least I believe his animations are unique, not too sure.

You’re right on all those, honestly I hope more bots have such cool animations. G1 Prime and Soundwave/Shockwave fight with these distinctly tough looking brawler type attacks then bots like the Beast Wars bots, Kickback, Galvatron and Megatron all use very unique combos. Makes for a great game when there’s that many ch variety. Hopefully new bots will continue that past trend.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Rhinox used to be just like Mv1 until they changed it.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2019
    Kickback:
    Attacks with some weird monkey-kung-fu (at least that's how I describe it).

Praying Mantis style bro... GET IT RIGHT 😆

Watch more dubbed martial arts flicks... Or more Kung Fu Panda in your life
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Fair enough, he a mantis.
    (or grasshopper?)
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Fair enough, he a mantis.
    (or grasshopper?)

Neither, he’s a locust
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Kickback:
    Attacks with some weird monkey-kung-fu (at least that's how I describe it).

Praying Mantis style bro... GET IT RIGHT 😆

Watch more dubbed martial arts flicks... Or more Kung Fu Panda in your life

Darn it, I should've known Kung Fu Panda was the real deal.

I've been wasting my time watching fake movies like the Raid.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Kickback and Megatronus seem to share several moves, like when he hits with both hands.
    Hot Rod and Galvatron also share many moves.
    Does Grindor share moves with anyone? He has a few very unique punches...like basically the "donk" where he just smashes his fist into the opponents head.
    I didn't even think of Hound...yeah he's really different...fat ass. Still don't get how a robot becomes morbidly obese.
    I like the original moves. Shows dedication to the art. I also like the stiffarm OG Prime/Megatron heavy hitter style...makes it feel like you're landing a punch.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2019
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Does Grindor share moves with anyone? He has a few very unique punches...like basically the "donk" where he just smashes his fist into the opponents head.

Demo Sharkticon
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Kickback and Megatronus seem to share several moves, like when he hits with both hands.
    Hot Rod and Galvatron also share many moves.

Now, if we're going to level down to individual animations, then might as well take off Optimus Primal, as he shares the last light attack with Bonecrusher.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Recycling is good for the environment didn't you know?