Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Suggestion: Make Legends of Cybertron part of the monthly feature

I'm seeing lots of posts about frustrated players having to try and earn featured bots through mindless grinding. How about offering another option that would be more merit-based for the players (and therefore more engaging) while giving Kabam another revenue stream within the game?

Legends of Cybertron is the perfect vehicle for this. Every month you offer a new chapter to Legends of Cybertron that is only available for that month only. You can use the same maps currently in use or build new ones (honestly most players don't care what the map looks like anyway). Each new month would have X number of bots (12?) and two difficulty levels. If there's 3 bots featured that month, have two of them be minibosses along the path (spaced out every 3 bots) and then one of them be the final boss. If 2 bots are featured, then place them after every 5 bots defeated, etc.

Both levels would reward the player who completes it with crystal shards for 4 star (easier difficulty) and 5 star bots (harder difficulty), one 2500 spark essence from each class (T3C for easy, T4C for hard) and then 3 random featured bot crystals that contain the featured bots for the month in their 4 star and 5 star iterations, respective of the level completed.

The easier difficulty level would be similar to Rulers of Kaon, in terms of power index and the Megatronic whatever it was mod that boosted their HP but kept their attack pretty reasonable.

The second difficulty would be higher than Return of the King level PI's on opposing bots (250k-300K?).

Now here's where things could get interesting. You can only pick one difficulty for the month. So if you're still fairly new to the game and are still working on your roster (and skill), difficulty 1 would be the way to go. If you're a vet who has been playing since the game launched, you'd want to try your luck on the harder level. Since the rewards for the harder difficulty would be obviously better, I think Kabam would see a lot of players attempting that one (and spending quite a bit of energon and money on repairs and revives to beat it).

But at least they could say they beat it and earned a featured 5 star bot on their own two legs instead of only having the option of watching bots spin around on a carousel on the crystal-opening screen and hoping that Lady Luck has showed up that day.

With that image in your head, I can also say that as someone with a YouTube channel dedicated to this game, YouTubers would also appreciate having a monthly LoC mode, as the fights from these monthly chapters would be content worth sharing. I mean you can only do so many crystal-opening videos, especially if you're like me and the past FOUR T4C crystals you've opened have all been brawlers (well I guess a grown man yelling at his phone can hold a modicum of entertainment value) but you get what I mean.

Besides, despite us being the smaller game, we've at least always had the distinction (and prided ourselves on) being the more challenging game of the two. So leave the crystal opening videos to the other Kabam game and give us some game content that will get our viewers excited and maybe even drive new players to the game who are looking for a challenge in a mobile gaming world that's plagued with the awful RNG spin-to-win mentality.

Anyway, that's my two cents on this.

@Kabam Vydious hope you would consider this worth passing onto the team.

Comments

• Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Very nice man
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Another take on this could be that completing either of these difficulty levels could count as a bonus monthly objective, thereby removing the need to complete the "Win 10 Alliance Mission Fights using _________" objective that everybody finds as irritating as the arena and raid grinding.
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Another take on this could be that completing either of these difficulty levels could count as a bonus monthly objective, thereby removing the need to complete the "Win 10 Alliance Mission Fights using _________" objective that everybody finds as irritating as the arena and raid grinding.

2bb5tfj4u06e.gif
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Even though it's well above my skill level, @Synthwave for the win
  • Options
    JackinJackin Posts: 21
    Awesome idea! Downside is we will have a fresh daily posting of my fingers hurt.
    Plus side is NemPrime would gain some value.