Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

AI Suggestions

I've been thinking about this from time to time but it never really bothered me enough til now when I saw the AI controlling my Tantrum dashing backwards (and losing his buff) more than he dashed forward to get his buff. I'm not talking AI controlling enemy bots, just player bots set on automatic.

For Tantrum:
How about no dashing backwards if he has more than 2 melee buffs? Just have it block or sidestep.

For any bot with a short reach/range SP or Heavy:
How about no doing heavies or specials when the enemy bot is CLEARLY out of reach/range? So many times I've seen my AI controlled bots waste time or waste an opening by doing those things when they have absolutely 0% chance of connecting with the enemy. I don't mean for something like Wheeljack who gets some benefit from his heavy whether it connects or not.

For any bot just "standing there":
How about having them not just stand there taking hit after hit while not even trying to block or back/side-step? If the enemy AI can block or move out of the way faster than I can react, I know it can have my bot at the very least defend itself with a basic block, if not avoid the incoming strike.

I'm sure other people have some suggestions too. I know there are a lot of AI behavior complaints, but these seem like they could be simple, quick fixes to AI controlled player bots, not enemy AI which has another entirely different set of problems.

Comments

• Options
    小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    One problem of improving tantrum AI is he will be too hard to beat on AM
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2019
    Autofight is just a secondary option. Although it's good for us, Kabam has no benefit optimize it for fighting their real AI.

What do you say if suddenly auto-ai and enemy-ai both learn to connect specials?
  • Options
    NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited July 2019
    I've been thinking about this from time to time but it never really bothered me enough til now when I saw the AI controlling my Tantrum dashing backwards (and losing his buff) more than he dashed forward to get his buff. I'm not talking AI controlling enemy bots, just player bots set on automatic.

Wait. So you're saying you want the benefit of a buffed AI for your use in autofight, yet you don't want to have to face that same smarter AI when it's not in your favor? Or did I misunderstand, and you were just stating what you were seeing?