Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

More details about crystals please

TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
If that is really a TEN THOUSAND energon ($300-400) single crystal and not a mistake, I really think you need to be more clear about exactly what is in it and what the exact chance is.

It's unbelievably insulting to expect people to hand over incredibly large sums of money with little to no information about what they actually get for their money.

With so many different crystals all the time, just saying 'chance of X' is really not good enough.

Comments

• MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    I'm pretty sure it's a 10000 shard crystal, the knight crystal shards are in raid and special event.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Oh I see, so it's the time and dollars to get the shards instead of straight dollars.

How do we decide which crystal is best to use our shards on with so little detail about what's in them or the chances they offer? :-/
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Some games offer an absolute dropping like "if you open 10 premium crystals at once then you'll definitely get a 3 star". Maybe Kabam should take it into consideration.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    c47wsf0bxzy3.png

This tells you what's in them
  • GrrGrr Posts: 24
    Personally there's no choice at all in which crystal to buy, it's 10k all the way until I can't earn anymore shards.. after that I'll use the remainder shards on the lesser crystals..
    @Mustangjon I said very clearly in my original post " just saying 'chance of X' is really not good enough."

posting the exact thing I was talking about and referencing is not helpful at all. This is not the first time I've seen you reply like this. I didn't say I don't know what's in them, I don't need a picture that tells me what's in them. I thought my point was pretty clear, it's about the rates.

For example, 5k and 10k both have 3* bots. There's no information about rates, making it impossible to make an informed decision about whether I would want to do 2x 5k or 1x 10k etc.

What does a brand new 3 star mod mean compared to a 3 star mod?

How many 3 star shards? Maybe I want to try 10 of the 1k.. who knows, not me.

does 'feature a chance at' mean there's other things mixed in as well?

'feature a chance at' means nothing and is unhelpful in making a choice between the 3 crystals.

What negative impact or downside is there to simply stating the rates? What damage does it do? None? then just list the rates so people can make a meaningful choice between the 3 crystals and know what they want to work towards.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    They are the exact same crystals, wether you buy 5k or 10k of them. So the rates are identical. One crystal cost 1k, so if you use the 5k option, you just buy 5 of those 1k crystals. Those aren't different crystals, it's just an option to buy them by bulks to make it quicker.
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    Terminal wrote: »
    @Mustangjon I said very clearly in my original post " just saying 'chance of X' is really not good enough."

posting the exact thing I was talking about and referencing is not helpful at all. This is not the first time I've seen you reply like this. I didn't say I don't know what's in them, I don't need a picture that tells me what's in them. I thought my point was pretty clear, it's about the rates.

For example, 5k and 10k both have 3* bots. There's no information about rates, making it impossible to make an informed decision about whether I would want to do 2x 5k or 1x 10k etc.

What does a brand new 3 star mod mean compared to a 3 star mod?

How many 3 star shards? Maybe I want to try 10 of the 1k.. who knows, not me.

does 'feature a chance at' mean there's other things mixed in as well?

'feature a chance at' means nothing and is unhelpful in making a choice between the 3 crystals.

What negative impact or downside is there to simply stating the rates? What damage does it do? None? then just list the rates so people can make a meaningful choice between the 3 crystals and know what they want to work towards.

Probably should move to China then I believe there they have to tell this information. The rest of the world... it is your choice to participate or not. But of all the things to **** about on the interwebs, this one seems a little pedantic to me.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Oh yeah that's right, china has a law where game devs have to disclose drop rates for items in game, lol
    Maybe someone in the Chinese region can post this if kabam shared that info over there.
    edited June 2017
    Terminal you have a million complaints on this forum they tell you what's in crystal
    I reposted for you, you now want to know odds of what's in crystal?
    Do you even like this game?
    There's your answer to how many shards of you would log into the game for once and spend less time on boards you could see for yourself
    cty9hrm71o1k.png
    e gpkoh7vttu00u.png
    edited June 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Terminal you have a million complaints on this forum they tell you what's in crystal
    I reposted for you, you now want to know odds of what's in crystal?
    Do you even like this game?

Not now, from my first post, which you didn't understand. Please try to read carefully and this mistake won't happen and you won't waste your time reposting things that don't need to be reposted.

I fail to see how asking for the rates of stuff to know which tier crystal is best to spend my shards on somehow correlates to not liking the game.

Again, I understand what information is available. That only says top prize. How do we know if there's a lesser version or not? The gold crystal says top prize 50,000 and 10,000, that doesn't mean it's the only possible drop. Why would I assume that this one is different?

@Peyote there are 3 tiers of crystals. 3 different types.

To everyone that is replying and being defensive or disagreeing.. no one has given any reason why it would be bad or negative or harmful to state the rates more clearly.

If there's no downside, which no one has stated yet, why even disagree, why even argue with me about it. If it's not a good idea, give some reason why they can't give more detail about what we spend our time, money and resources on.

If there is no terrible catastrophe that will befall us from having more information then shouldn't we welcome it?

I agree that my original tone could have been much better, I was a bit frustrated at the beginning and I think some posts are focusing on that rather than the topic/point. My apologises for that. However, I still think the point of information and rates is valid.

In the future, I'll try to introduce topics in a more neutral, less aggressive tone, less 'complainy' tone.

I think we can all agree the reason everyone plays the game is their love of transformers and everyone wants the game to be the best it can be and to be able to play it for a long time.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Can we get information on how long TLK crystals will be available? I just want to know how long I'll be able to collect and spends shards for them, in order to decide which tier I'm saving for