Why would you buff Sideswipe?

Why Kabam, for the love of God, did you buff one of the best bots in the game? Sideswipe is already a powerhouse bot and one of the best in the Scout class, right alongside Prowl, Jazz and Cheetor. Sideswipes critical chance and damage was already amazingly strong, yet without it he still put out high damage, had a reliable evade, and great power gain. I have even been able to handle higher level Optimus Primals using him! And you buff him? The bot who could evade, gain power, amplify his critical damage, could gain an incredibly high critical chance and keep it as long as you weren’t knocked down, who could stun burn and nullify, YOU BUFFED HIM?!

You didn’t buff Ratchet, a low health/low damage bot with boring animations who can barely hold his own against most bots and is inferior to almost every other choice besides direct counters. Ratchet is bad enough that you can have a class advantage and still lose matches with him.

You didn’t buff any of the movie Decepticons, who are all seemingly designed to be fought rather than to fight with, even though they’re some of the blandest bots, with Grindor and Barricade and Bonecrusher needing to take damage and be attacked to gain their best abilities, and Mixmaster needing to deprive himself of special attacks for a minute of a match before he finally becomes a viable threat. Admittedly, these four are better than Ratchet at least, but still weakest in the players hands.

And you didn’t buff Soundwave, or Arcee, or Ultra Magnus, or Bludgeon, or any other lackluster, mid-tier bot. You took a tough, top-tier, powerful bot, who let’s be honest is only countered by Bonecrusher, and you made him even stronger.

Why?
«13

Comments

  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 2,744
    Sideswipe is considered the 2nd worst...
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Sideswipe is considered the 2nd worst...

    Why? How is Sideswipe considered the second worst?
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 523
    I wasn't sure at first whether this was sarcasm or honesty... sideswipe is, tbh, better than all the aforementioned bots. After thinking about it for while, I have come to the decision that...

    I guess you're right. Oh well. Ya get what you get, and you don't get upset I guess.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 2,744
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Sideswipe is considered the 2nd worst...

    Why? How is Sideswipe considered the second worst?

    Idk...ask manthro
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 86
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Sideswipe is considered the 2nd worst...

    Why? How is Sideswipe considered the second worst?

    Idk...ask manthro

    🤣🤣
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 523
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Sideswipe is considered the 2nd worst...

    Why? How is Sideswipe considered the second worst?

    Idk...ask manthro

    Manthro ain't God...
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 763
    edited July 31
    Oh boy.. i just read the first line.. lmao I'm done 🤣🤣🤣
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Look, I’m not the best FTF player, but there’s no way Sideswipe is the “2nd worst bot” and I’ll gladly debate anyone who thinks that. Again, his only counter is Bonecrusher, the bot who counters just about everyone, and to a degree Primal, but like I said, Sideswipe is strong enough to beat out Primal. It’s hard but it’s possible.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 2,744
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Sideswipe is considered the 2nd worst...

    Why? How is Sideswipe considered the second worst?

    Idk...ask manthro

    Manthro ain't God...

    He isn't...?
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 763
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Look, I’m not the best FTF player, but there’s no way Sideswipe is the “2nd worst bot” and I’ll gladly debate anyone who thinks that. Again, his only counter is Bonecrusher, the bot who counters just about everyone, and to a degree Primal, but like I said, Sideswipe is strong enough to beat out Primal. It’s hard but it’s possible.

    Its not about sideswipe being able to beat primal or how good you are with sideswipe

    Have you even compared other scouts with sideswipe?
    Judging from your post, you have not .

    Its about the abilities and utilities of a bot
    Other scouts have better utilities and abilities that can counter many mods and bots.
    Sideswipe could just stack up combos.

    He's fast but not faster than cheetor.
    Just compare him with any other scout.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 763
    Also why are you even mad .. if you like sideswipe that much then you should be happy cus he's now even more useful..
    Jeez
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 763
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Sideswipe is considered the 2nd worst...

    Why? How is Sideswipe considered the second worst?

    Idk...ask manthro

    Manthro ain't God...

    He isn't...?

    Nope and you can stop preaching him. 😅😂😂
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Slayer wrote: »
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Look, I’m not the best FTF player, but there’s no way Sideswipe is the “2nd worst bot” and I’ll gladly debate anyone who thinks that. Again, his only counter is Bonecrusher, the bot who counters just about everyone, and to a degree Primal, but like I said, Sideswipe is strong enough to beat out Primal. It’s hard but it’s possible.

    Its not about sideswipe being able to beat primal or how good you are with sideswipe

    Have you even compared other scouts with sideswipe?
    Judging from your post, you have not .

    Its about the abilities and utilities of a bot
    Other scouts have better utilities and abilities that can counter many mods and bots.
    Sideswipe could just stack up combos.

    He's fast but not faster than cheetor.
    Just compare him with any other scout.

    I can understand that, but it’s like Ironhide said, “The best defense is a good offense.” Sideswipe already had the best and most accessible damage of all the scouts. And I have judged Sideswipe compared to other Scouts and I see no real problem with him. All Scouts have a high damage output and evade. Sideswipe plays most to the high damage aspect of his class, similar to Windblade, while Cheetor and Barricade have most of their focus on their evasiveness. Sideswipe already played fine as a Scout, albeit slightly differently, but no Scout plays similarly. But now he has weird advantages no other Scout has. Like his new Shock purify. Why give him that? To counter Techs? If that’s the case, give a Shock purify to Jazz and Prowl because neither of them have anything that specifically counters Tech bots.
    Slayer wrote: »
    Also why are you even mad .. if you like sideswipe that much then you should be happy cus he's now even more useful..
    Jeez

    I’m complaining because of all the bots in the game, Sideswipe is one with the fewest problems. Similar to G1 Prime and Megatron or Shockwave or Scorponok, Sideswipe is already a high functioning bot without any glaring flaws. Yes I like Sideswipe, him and Sunstreaker are among my favorite Autobots. Soundwave is my absolute favorite Transformers character, doesn’t mean I want him to outclass every bot and be the games God.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 461
    Dude you are nuts. Don’t get me wrong I am literally one of maybe 5 players that think sideswipe can be a boss in the right hands and this is a really good buff for him because it equals the playing field among the scouts.

    Let’s look at like this just in terms of scouts:

    Prowl-can gain 10 melee buffs, and sig includes power gain from said buffs. His sp2 is considered one of the strongest in the game. He also has power drain.
    Jazz- OGP synergy makes him essentially the 2nd coming of Christ for long fights.
    Barricade- he has backfire and power steal...you can stack backfire and cause massive amounts of damage.
    Kickback- power drain, shock damage, bleed and he can heal.
    Cheetor- I don’t need to explain how he is better here. He is awesome without BW synergy.
    WB- Swordmaster damage, again shock and bleed, chance of stun off bleeds.
    OGBee- power lock, power gain when close...he kills everything with his fist

    Sideswipe.....burn from sp2, nullify in sp3, chance of stun on sp1. I mean seriously that’s horrible. I can stack Crit rates and damage, it does not matter. He wasn’t dealing the damage in the same area code of my prowl or county of my Bee.

    I am not sure what you are missing but sideswipe even with this buff is still out classed by other scouts. That doesn’t mean I won’t use him, but this buff made him much more useable
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,727
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Sideswipe is considered the 2nd worst...

    Why? How is Sideswipe considered the second worst?

    Sideswipe was literally the worst bot in game. And it's not because he sucked... He is actually good, but he was useless. Allow me to explain:


    1) There was literally no direct matchup against any bot or any mod where you could legitimately say sideswipe was the best hard counter. There was ALWAYS a better scout or bot of another class which would work better. I have repeatedly challenged the entire community to give me one single matchup in the entire game where you would actually choose and rate sideswipe as the best counter. There isn't one, at least not until now. Even HOUND is a hard counter to a handful of bots and mods in the game, and he is widely considered the worst bot in game by many.


    2) Sideswipe had zero utility. This is an extension of point 1, just being more specific. He doesn't control evade, he doesn't control power. His nullify is unreliable, and can't be used repeatedly enough to be effective. His burn was a recent throw in buff months ago as an afterthought, which never did anything to help his case.


    3) Everything sideswipe does in his kit could be done by another bot in a far more effective manner, in skillsets which had utility in a far wider range of matchups.


    Yeah, he hit hard, has good power gain, etc etc... But there was zero argument to choose him, ever.

    Now he has some utility, and is a decent choice in several matchups, while acting as a hard counter to the entire tech class roster with his shock purification.

    And that's why sideswipe needed a buff. He was a glorified sharkticon up until now. Tact bee had the same issue until recently.
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 388
    Why?

    Because now the mod he will on on spotlight suits him best.
    That's why!
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,108
    edited July 31
    I'll do you one better:
    Why would you complain about a needed buff on a weak bot?
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Dude you are nuts. Don’t get me wrong I am literally one of maybe 5 players that think sideswipe can be a boss in the right hands and this is a really good buff for him because it equals the playing field among the scouts.

    Let’s look at like this just in terms of scouts:

    Prowl-can gain 10 melee buffs, and sig includes power gain from said buffs. His sp2 is considered one of the strongest in the game. He also has power drain.
    Jazz- OGP synergy makes him essentially the 2nd coming of Christ for long fights.
    Barricade- he has backfire and power steal...you can stack backfire and cause massive amounts of damage.
    Kickback- power drain, shock damage, bleed and he can heal.
    Cheetor- I don’t need to explain how he is better here. He is awesome without BW synergy.
    WB- Swordmaster damage, again shock and bleed, chance of stun off bleeds.
    OGBee- power lock, power gain when close...he kills everything with his fist

    Sideswipe.....burn from sp2, nullify in sp3, chance of stun on sp1. I mean seriously that’s horrible. I can stack Crit rates and damage, it does not matter. He wasn’t dealing the damage in the same area code of my prowl or county of my Bee.

    I am not sure what you are missing but sideswipe even with this buff is still out classed by other scouts. That doesn’t mean I won’t use him, but this buff made him much more useable

    You’re talking about Sideswipe differently from others though, ignoring his critical chance and damage buffs and power gain, and counting the other Scouts synergies as part of their kit. Other scouts have added utilities whereas Sideswipes utility is that he is able to hit harder than almost every other Scout. But with regards to all those scouts:

    Prowl-I named him the best Scout and I stand by that, his melee buffs/evade chance are great, especially once he has his signature, his special 1 has the best power drain in the game as far as I’m concerned, special 2 is indeed one of the best, and his special 3 gives a good power lock. Now Sideswipe is able to put out more damage for a less defined time with his high critical chance and situational critical damage buff, while Prowl can temporarily outclass his damage with his melee/power buffs but those have a timer and it’s hard to always get 10.

    Jazz-In my opinion, the second best Scout, but he has drawbacks. His critical chance buffs give a higher % than Sideswipes, but they’re harder to acquire and maintain. His evade works similarly; its stronger than Sideswipes but it’s just a bit less accessible than his. However, his confusion offers probably the games best power control, and is made even better by his permanent Backfire. And I agree, that OG Prime synergy is beautiful.

    Barricade-I’d say he’s the worst Scout, his evade is the strongest, but it’s short and you need to be knocked down and take some heavy damage to get it. This also gives him a timed critical chance buff, which is nice but nothing amazing. But his Backfires are the worst of all the bots who have them, as you need his signature for them to be of any use, and even then you can only hope the AI uses a special attack while they’re up, and in my experience, they tend not to.

    Kickback-Not a bad bot, he covers lots of ground and you can choose the best way to use his wide array of abilities. You can inflict power leaks if you need to remove your enemy’s special 3, or turn them to shocks if the fight isn’t going your way and you need to put out some damage. Then there’s your special options:use a special 3, remove their power and repair some health. Or, what I do since I can typically avoid most attacks, land a combo that will give you just barely not enough energy for a special 3, land your special 2, then charge in for another quick combo and use a special 1 to melt your opponent with a bunch of bleeds and shocks. Plus his dash gives a strong evade if it misses and his heavy attacks remove shocks, power based debuffs, power based buffs, and T-Clog. Overall, he’s great, I’d say it’s a toss up between him and Sideswipe for 4th best Scout.

    Cheetor-He’s good, and plays like a Warrior/Scout hybrid. He’s constantly inflicting debuffs like a Warrior, more so than almost every Scout, except for maybe Windblade, but they’re neck and neck, yet he also evades more often than everyone else. His medium and heavy attacks give him an immunity to ranged attacks, and once he’s gains Feral Strike, he shines. The anti-evade, the ignore-all-defensive-abilities, the critical chance increase, and the chance to Evade make him formidable. The special 1 repair block is amazing, his special 2 power rate buff let’s him chain Feral Strike and become incredibly deadly, and his special 3 gives an okay power lock, nothing amazing.

    Windblade-The games glass cannon, everyone can tear through her, but almost no one can survive her hits. More offensive bleeds than anyone else in the game, a chance to stun on special 3 and with ranged attacks against bleeding enemies, a guaranteed stun once you land four bleeds at once, a shock/power buff remove on special 1, armor pierce on special 2, but a weak special 3. Her heavy also gives an immunity to ranged attacks and she gains a higher critical chance the more health her enemy loses.

    Bumblebee-I don’t have him, and so I can’t say anything much about him. I’ve learned about his stats from facing him, and I know he’s very powerful, but when he has such limited availability, it’s hard to say he counts. His shield break shocks, critical chance buffs and melee evades are good, and his signature is great. I know if I had him he’d be amazing to use with how I play, but alas, I don’t.

    Sideswipe-Least utility, best damage. I’m going off of how he was up until today. Land two, maybe three combos, and you now have a 27% increase to your critical chance until your knocked down. Dodge a ranged attack and you gain power, dodge a melee attack and you gain critical damage. Take seven hits or use a special 2 and gain a melee evade buff. Special 1 has a good chance to stun, special 2 has an evade and Burns, special 3 nullifies buffs and Burns. All three of these attacks put out high damage already, more if you already landed some combos, and even more if you have a sense of timing. He plays in a very simple way, but that’s good. OG Prime and Ironhide and Shockwave are all easy to play, there’s nothing wrong with that.
  • Hey everybody,

    Thank you all for your thoughts and insight on this!

    OP, Sideswipe is not a bad bot (I don't believe that any Bot in game is actually bad), but he was definitely not at the top of the list, and was not being utilized much because of it.

    This doesn't mean that another Bot you'd rather see buffed might not be next for a rebalance though (Ratchet is not next though...).
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Manthro wrote: »
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Sideswipe is considered the 2nd worst...

    Why? How is Sideswipe considered the second worst?

    Sideswipe was literally the worst bot in game. And it's not because he sucked... He is actually good, but he was useless. Allow me to explain:


    1) There was literally no direct matchup against any bot or any mod where you could legitimately say sideswipe was the best hard counter. There was ALWAYS a better scout or bot of another class which would work better. I have repeatedly challenged the entire community to give me one single matchup in the entire game where you would actually choose and rate sideswipe as the best counter. There isn't one, at least not until now. Even HOUND is a hard counter to a handful of bots and mods in the game, and he is widely considered the worst bot in game by many.


    2) Sideswipe had zero utility. This is an extension of point 1, just being more specific. He doesn't control evade, he doesn't control power. His nullify is unreliable, and can't be used repeatedly enough to be effective. His burn was a recent throw in buff months ago as an afterthought, which never did anything to help his case.


    3) Everything sideswipe does in his kit could be done by another bot in a far more effective manner, in skillsets which had utility in a far wider range of matchups.


    Yeah, he hit hard, has good power gain, etc etc... But there was zero argument to choose him, ever.

    Now he has some utility, and is a decent choice in several matchups, while acting as a hard counter to the entire tech class roster with his shock purification.

    And that's why sideswipe needed a buff. He was a glorified sharkticon up until now. Tact bee had the same issue until recently.

    I could see that, but to counter it, I’ll give every Scouts direct counter and how they fight Tech bots best.

    Prowl-His special 1 and special 3 best handle Megatronus, similar to how Shockwave does, but none of his abilities specifically counter any one Tech bot. You could say his special 1s power burn does, but it affects all bots, Tech bots less as they have power gains to immediately help.

    Jazz-His confusion is a help against Megatronus, but again, he doesn’t have any abilities that work any better against any specific Tech bot.

    Barricade-He doesn’t counter any particular bot and none of his abilities directly affect Tech bots.

    Kickback-Kickbacks heavy purify against many Tech based abilities is amazing against Soundwave, good against Blaster and Ratchet, and his power leaks let him hinder Megatronus. A real beast.

    Cheetor-Special 1 Heal Block counters Ratchet, Wheeljack, Blaster and Jetfire, signature lets him punch through Rhinoxs, Wheeljacks, Mirages, and Jetfires shielding. His signature might also let his ranged attacks become unaffected by Soundwaves shield and not grant Blaster health through his shield, but I’m not sure. Either way, another beast.

    Windblade-Special 1 removes Soundwaves vital power gain, as well as Blasters and Ratchets power gain/repair. I don’t know if this applies to Wheeliacks Power construction or Jetfires energy charges. Also, in my experience, this attack sometimes completely removes power gains for the rest of the match, and sometimes it doesn’t. In short, powerful.

    Bumblebee-Critical hits break shielding and inflict Shock in its place. So if you have Bumblebee, you now counter Soundwave, Blaster, Wheeljack, Mirage, Jetfire, and Rhinox. Don’t have to be big to hit hard.

    Sideswipe-You’re right, he doesn’t really counter any bot, Tech or otherwise specifically. His nullify is useful, but not as useful as some of the other ones above.

    The way I see it, Sideswipe is for Scouts what Bludgeon is for Warriors. Both are a strong bot whose strength comes from his base attributes and abilities, and neither counter any one bot, but at the same time, neither are really countered by anyone, except of course Bonecrusher.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    I'll do you one better:
    Why would you complain about a needed buff on a weak bot?

    Because he is not a weak bot, but he is in a game with weak bots. So I am annoyed that we are strengthening bots who are already strong and ignoring bots who are actually weak. And make no mistake, even prior to this update, Sideswipe is by no means weak. Hound is weak. Mixmaster is weak. Ratchet is weak. Sideswipe is not.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Hey everybody,

    Thank you all for your thoughts and insight on this!

    OP, Sideswipe is not a bad bot (I don't believe that any Bot in game is actually bad), but he was definitely not at the top of the list, and was not being utilized much because of it.

    This doesn't mean that another Bot you'd rather see buffed might not be next for a rebalance though (Ratchet is not next though...).

    Please be doing something with Soundwave. Ratchet is preferred, and I love Soundwave, but he has issues.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 2,766
    Barricade is now sitting at the bottom of the list.
  • Barricade is now sitting at the bottom of the list.

    Nah, barricade is superior to SS, despite his buff. barricades strong backfires are better than SS' Crits.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 2,766
    edited August 1
    Barricade is now sitting at the bottom of the list.

    Nah, barricade is superior to SS, despite his buff. barricades strong backfires are better than SS' Crits.

    I'm not so sure. How much damage can you expect from backfire in one round? Crit damage is within your control, backfire is not. If the enemy has sp2 and has backfire, and your Barricade has sp2, your logical choice is to steal power instead of waiting for the backfire damage. In short, backfire damage is just an added bonus for Barricade.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,793
    edited August 1
    Barricade is now sitting at the bottom of the list.

    Nah, barricade is superior to SS, despite his buff. barricades strong backfires are better than SS' Crits.

    I'm not so sure. How much damage can you expect from backfire in one round? Crit damage is within your control, backfire is not. If the enemy has sp2 and has backfire, and your Barricade has sp2, your logical choice is to steal power instead of waiting for the backfire damage. In short, backfire damage is just an added bonus for Barricade.

    And there lies the point that Barricade is secretly a Power Manipulator. He prevents bots from trying to activate their Special Attacks via Backfire, as it is common for them to try and wait it out, being even more common than Scorponok. While they are holding out their Special Barricade has the opportunity to use his SP2 and steal power. If they do activate it, they suffer the consequences of Backfire.

    His damage however, varies. I wish Laban would reveal the amount of damage each charge does a bot. But, I do know it's the most powerful Backfire damage in the game. I wouldn't put him at the bottom of the barrel, not even close. None of them are now...

    Let's just say S-1000
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 1,984
    edited August 1
    This guy....he said silly things like Sideswipe is best in game and Manthro isn't God.
    He hasn't played long huh?
    I am happy to see a buff. SS has great potential. Maybe now he'll live up to it.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Barricade is now sitting at the bottom of the list.

    Nah, barricade is superior to SS, despite his buff. barricades strong backfires are better than SS' Crits.

    I'm not so sure. How much damage can you expect from backfire in one round? Crit damage is within your control, backfire is not. If the enemy has sp2 and has backfire, and your Barricade has sp2, your logical choice is to steal power instead of waiting for the backfire damage. In short, backfire damage is just an added bonus for Barricade.

    And there lies the point that Barricade is secretly a Power Manipulator. He prevents bots from trying to activate their Special Attacks via Backfire, as it is common for them to try and wait it out, being even more common than Scorponok. While they are holding out their Special Barricade has the opportunity to use his SP2 and steal power. If they do activate it, they suffer the consequences of Backfire.

    His damage however, varies. I wish Laban would reveal the amount of damage each charge does a bot. But, I do know it's the most powerful Backfire damage in the game. I wouldn't put him at the bottom of the barrel, not even close. None of them are now...

    Let's just say S-1000

    I’d say Barricade is the worst Scout. His backfires are the strongest, but they’re still short and don’t stack without his signature, and even with his signature, they are still distinctly weaker than Jazz and Scorponoks in their own way. Jazz has a permanent Backfire, and can influence his enemy into using it. Scorponoks backfires seem to be close in damage to Barricades, and once they start to stack, it’s a death sentence, because you either use a special and take damage, or you get stunned/shocked.

    And again, Barricade isn’t directly countered by anyone, nor does he counter anyone, and neither do any of his abilities. Sideswipe used to operate under this rule but that was his strength, you counter no one/get countered by no one. But now he directly counters every Tech bot besides the Sharkticon, in addition to Scorponok, Thundercracker, G1 Megatron and DOTM Bumblebee. This wouldn’t be as bad if it weren’t for the fact that he still doesn’t have any hard counters to use against him.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 770
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    I’d say Barricade is the worst Scout. His backfires are the strongest, but they’re still short and don’t stack without his signature, and even with his signature, they are still distinctly weaker than Jazz and Scorponoks in their own way. Jazz has a permanent Backfire, and can influence his enemy into using it. Scorponoks backfires seem to be close in damage to Barricades, and once they start to stack, it’s a death sentence, because you either use a special and take damage, or you get stunned/shocked.

    And again, Barricade isn’t directly countered by anyone, nor does he counter anyone, and neither do any of his abilities. Sideswipe used to operate under this rule but that was his strength, you counter no one/get countered by no one. But now he directly counters every Tech bot besides the Sharkticon, in addition to Scorponok, Thundercracker, G1 Megatron and DOTM Bumblebee. This wouldn’t be as bad if it weren’t for the fact that he still doesn’t have any hard counters to use against him.

    we know your affinity for Sideswipe but the stuff you're saying to justifying what you want are eyerolling. you know this is a glaring contradiction between barricade and sideswipe? you realize any bot in the hands of a player against a NPC is going to be good and Kabam tries to balance this game by makings bots great at fighting against certain bots, good at most and horrible at a few... which is your whole justification.

    fyi - any bot that can give bleeds, DOT or good damage are good counters against Sideswipe because he's a scout. Scouts can't take hits. and if you want a specific bot counter, Drift or even the loved Hound.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Voltron wrote: »
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    I’d say Barricade is the worst Scout. His backfires are the strongest, but they’re still short and don’t stack without his signature, and even with his signature, they are still distinctly weaker than Jazz and Scorponoks in their own way. Jazz has a permanent Backfire, and can influence his enemy into using it. Scorponoks backfires seem to be close in damage to Barricades, and once they start to stack, it’s a death sentence, because you either use a special and take damage, or you get stunned/shocked.

    And again, Barricade isn’t directly countered by anyone, nor does he counter anyone, and neither do any of his abilities. Sideswipe used to operate under this rule but that was his strength, you counter no one/get countered by no one. But now he directly counters every Tech bot besides the Sharkticon, in addition to Scorponok, Thundercracker, G1 Megatron and DOTM Bumblebee. This wouldn’t be as bad if it weren’t for the fact that he still doesn’t have any hard counters to use against him.

    we know your affinity for Sideswipe but the stuff you're saying to justifying what you want are eyerolling. you know this is a glaring contradiction between barricade and sideswipe? you realize any bot in the hands of a player against a NPC is going to be good and Kabam tries to balance this game by makings bots great at fighting against certain bots, good at most and horrible at a few... which is your whole justification.

    fyi - any bot that can give bleeds, DOT or good damage are good counters against Sideswipe because he's a scout. Scouts can't take hits. and if you want a specific bot counter, Drift or even the loved Hound.

    I don’t want anything outside of a buff for Ratchet and preferably the Sideswipe we had yesterday because he played fine as is. And the difference is Barricade is designed as an enemy for you to face similar to Grindor or Bonecrusher, which is why they all have less useful skill sets when you use them as opposed to the AI using them. But Sideswipe already played great. My issue is they took a strong bot and made him stronger while other bots are weak. I don’t see the logic of that.

    I will say, I see Hounds crit rate down debuff and Drifts Precision countering him, I largely forgot about them both and their additional skills since they’re not bots I typically use. My bad there.

    But I stand by Sideswipe already being powerful enough. I can take Grindor and Primal with him, I imagine I could take Hound and Drift with him as well. And I still think he’s very low on the list of bots that need a buff. It’d be like buffing Megatronus or Shockwave, or any of the other mid to high level bots around. They don’t need it, and neither did Sideswipe.
Sign In or Register to comment.