Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Had a Lot of Laughs with this Spotlight

2»

Comments

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I really love the amount of Shakespeare quotes that dinobot uses in this game...it makes him very show accurate
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Maybe I need to spend some time with the Beast Wars cartoons...or whatever they are.
    They were well beyond my time and honestly an area of resentment because I was of the "Trukk not Monkey" crowd.
    But so many people say it's good and alot of these lines this month just escape me because I couldn't care less about the characters. I'm just not invested. Maybe it's time to catch up with the 1990s.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited August 2019
    It's basically the next step in evolution
    r33y67ygjc2i.png
    Also added Arcee because Monthly Achievements
    The evolutionary process has begun.
    y3hrrt5057lm.png
    golrl6c1mv26.png
    Managed to finish hard with ease.

46rhtq7mw55s.png
    And finished the first chapter of expert with ease.
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    rdke9w2a4vtv.png
    Was I the only one nutty enough to do this for the narrative?

You're dedicated IMO, you should get bonus rewards for taking the squad in the narrative.
    I'd to see people say it's boring then

It's the third time I've done something like this. The first time was the Megatronous Spotlight, taking the story's characters of Prowl (my highest, so that benefits), Arcee, Ratchet, and Jazz. Had to ditch all but Prowl when I got to Tronus though.

Second time was the Scorponok Spotlight, taking a full on Beast Team with me for the obvious reasons. Then there's this.

And that sounds interesting, a Narrative Mode/Difficulty. It could be implemented as a mode in which you must play the Spotlight with only the required bots that the game gives you for the story. A limited team could provide a player with a challenge and players that are unfamiliar with a certain bot could get out of their comfort zone. The mode would give rewards based on the story bots, for example Waspinator or Scorponok based upgrade material. Or their 3~5 Crystals.
  • I really love the amount of Shakespeare quotes that dinobot uses in this game...it makes him very show accurate

It's really cool to see him interact with non Beast Wars characters. Liked the banter against Cyclonus
    And he wasn't the only one that quoted Shakespeare in this game:
    wyl1ky6w82gw.png
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_the_world's_a_stage
    There's the final quest called Exits and Entrances, which also has to do with that quote.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Maybe I need to spend some time with the Beast Wars cartoons...or whatever they are.
    They were well beyond my time and honestly an area of resentment because I was of the "Trukk not Monkey" crowd.
    But so many people say it's good and alot of these lines this month just escape me because I couldn't care less about the characters. I'm just not invested. Maybe it's time to catch up with the 1990s.

Trukk not Monkey.
    I had the same feelings too when I heard of Beast Wars. Transformers becoming animals? Optimus a gorilla? Such blasphemy! And the animation...
    I didn't even consider Beast Wars for a while and thought it best to never consider it. But then there came a time where my interest in Transformers just... started to fade. I needed something to revive my interest and with desperate times came desperate measures. I looked up the show Beast Wars and was surprised as to how well it was considered. So, I went online to watch a few episodes and the rest is history.

It made me realize that I should really give some shows a bit of a chance before outright hating it. And of want to watch it, give it a shot.
    If you watch the show and still hate it then I will still respect your opinion. What matters is that you at least gave the show a chance and was able to make an opinion on what you watched.
  • My favorite lines of dialogue had to be this:

cuduo803ie63.png

33ssobj9gmxl.png

5ulbrqv48jd2.png

I was cracking up when I read that
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Same.
    Bought the initial toys (1994 Batimus vs Crocotron), thought they were flimsy (ball joints? Poseability? WTF) then married and cared for my first Desktop Computer, a behemoth 120MHz Pentium III.
    Bye bye, Transformers.

Came back around 1999, when i found a BW Collector's VCD (!!!) Set at a yard sale for $3...and I've been a fan since.

Thought it was great looking for it's time, but what caught my heart was it's writing.
    It harkened back to MTMTE quality.
    Superb effort and lore.
    Even the panned Beast Machines.
    Then came the abysmal Cybertron series and it's cruddy animation and terrible story.

LEFT AGAIN.

Ooh! Live Action Film concepts based off of TransTech!
    WHAT COULD GO WRONG.

Suffice to say the last TF media i appreciated was Bumblebee movie, PLUS THIS GAME
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited August 2019
    sy93r2svcvhp.png
    The fight that cost me my Expert Narrative run.
    Only used 3 (single) revives total throughout the run beforehand, but spent another 2 team revives until I forfeited.