Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ultra Magnus AM 1.2 frame rate drop

So, this had happened to me 3 days in a row, same and only fight... After one of the special animations, the fight just drops to like 5fps for the remainder, tried pausing for a minute, didn't help. Anyone else getting this? This happens to me very rarely so it doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. Android 9, OnePlus 6, Snapdragon 845, 8gb RAM, nothing running in the background

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited August 2019
    willdorf wrote: »
    So, this had happened to me 3 days in a row, same and only fight... After one of the special animations, the fight just drops to like 5fps for the remainder, tried pausing for a minute, didn't help. Anyone else getting this? This happens to me very rarely so it doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. Android 9, OnePlus 6, Snapdragon 845, 8gb RAM, nothing running in the background

On lower spec (SD626, 630, 632, 636) devices this frame rate issue is followed by a force close, almost immediately.
    - moto x4 6GB RAM
    - moto z2 play 4GB RAM
    - moto g7 power 4GB RAM
    - moto g7 plus 4GB RAM

On entry level SD425, 430 and 450 the bots soon start to flicker, then f2f crashes.
    - moto e5 plus 3GB RAM
    - moto g6 4GB RAM

In fact, 8.2.1 is super prone to crashing @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious , especially when using UM, Boney, Grindor; on Egypt and Chicago stages especially.

I've sent system logs
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    edited August 2019
    Mines a top spec phone, and it's only happened since this last update, same AM node, 3 days in a row, no other fights in or out of AM, so it's very specific. I'm gonna do the fight on my old iPhone 6s tomorrow to see what happens.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited August 2019
    willdorf wrote: »
    Mines a top spec phone, and it's only happened since this last update, same AM node, 3 days in a row, no other fights in or out of AM, so it's very specific. I'm gonna do the fight on my old iPhone 6s tomorrow to see what happens.

@willdorf it happens on SD8150 devices running 12GB RAM, too.

What i posted were a list of more commonly used chipset.

It's purely optimization (adreno), cache memory leak (crazy, despite 6-12GB RAM!).

Previous versions of F2F (6.0-8.0.1) worked just fine with basic <333MHz GPUs and core speeds of 1.2GHz. on 2GB of Random Access Memory.

At least your Android doesn't come with a PowerVR GPU or Exynos 9 series.
    Can't get those to work AT ALL despite flagship specs.
    Seems the more AI-centric the SoC is (yes, including SD660, 710), the crashier f2f is; from my findings.

Now about that 6S... Overheat Central, followed by Lag City
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited August 2019
    Hey
    This is weird cus i have the same specs in my phone but UM sp1 frame rate drop is not an issue here.
    Even my ram is of 6gb unlike your 8
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    I've got a note 9 and lucky it hasnt happened in am. The issue is the game since the last update, the game issues have cost me energon with the crashing etc.
    I've entered a ticket, was very politely told to have a nice day.....
    Being a player that spends and I dont take the 'ftp' option as being constructive for the games growth i would figure I'd be treated better by tech support, sadly I was not.