Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Null Field Bug?

First, I didn't put this under bug because I don't know if it is or not yet, but here's my problem:

I've hit EVERY node on the Null Field map (many repeatedly) and I have gotten 100% explored three times now, but each of these three times, as soon as I beat Megatronus and it goes to the Mission Complete screen, the explored goes DOWN from 100% to 99%.

So, what's the deal? This is costing a crap ton of energy and I can't get completion on it.

Comments

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    First, I didn't put this under bug because I don't know if it is or not yet, but here's my problem:

I've hit EVERY node on the Null Field map (many repeatedly) and I have gotten 100% explored three times now, but each of these three times, as soon as I beat Megatronus and it goes to the Mission Complete screen, the explored goes DOWN from 100% to 99%.

So, what's the deal? This is costing a crap ton of energy and I can't get completion on it.

Well since the rewards are the same every time you beat it does it really matter, and besides @Kabam Miike said that it's replayable indefinitely so there's not really a way to 100% right?
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    You get completion bonus for running it once.

There is no exploration bonus. Just go nuts.
  • I just like looking at the 100%, so I'm in a similar boat.
    What you need to do is not hit every node, but go down every LINE (you would've noticed this on your third run if you paid attention to it, but hitting the node doesn't make the other connecting lines count as "explored", only the one you travelled)
    For me this is easy since I completed it in a grid style, always starting by going right and then going left all the way to the other side of the map. Now I just have to go left, and then turn right down the line.
  • Or at least I assume
    edited August 2019
    Mrnomis wrote: »
    1j6ka9i2dmln.png
    Possible it is.
    You've clearly missed a node on one of the paths somewhere.

I stand corrected, so what's you T4 class essence count at?
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    1j6ka9i2dmln.png
    Possible it is.
    You've clearly missed a node on one of the paths somewhere.

I stand corrected, so what's you T4 class essence count at?

I've already formed a T4 demo and have almost formed a tactician. The other 4 classes are starting to lag behind. I'm not complaining. The more I run it, the more essence I get. It is totally in my own hands. How much energon am I prepared to plough into this event. Quite a lot probably.

T4 class, the closest we've gotten to getting them for free isn't it?
    Though most certainly bit by bit
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    I just like looking at the 100%, so I'm in a similar boat.
    What you need to do is not hit every node, but go down every LINE (you would've noticed this on your third run if you paid attention to it, but hitting the node doesn't make the other connecting lines count as "explored", only the one you travelled)
    For me this is easy since I completed it in a grid style, always starting by going right and then going left all the way to the other side of the map. Now I just have to go left, and then turn right down the line.

I think there is one or 2 nodes I had to hit from both sides to get 100%
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    I just like looking at the 100%, so I'm in a similar boat.

I think there is one or 2 nodes I had to hit from both sides to get 100%

This is true. But honestly, I wouldn't stress over it. After hitting 100% I'm still repeating the mission ad nauseum. Just pay attention as you repeat, and catch any lines you missed the first 100 times. :D
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    Just follow the lines even though you know you already went that way.. you’ll hit 100% eventually and get nothing extra for it except that funny feeling inside (which means you probably forgot to eat something in the last 10 hours)
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

Well since the rewards are the same every time you beat it does it really matter, and besides @Kabam Miike said that it's replayable indefinitely so there's not really a way to 100% right?

I did finished it 100 % 😎 make sure you don't leave a single path without doing it
  • Has it happened to you guys that while playing your bot all of the sudden does not respond to any things even the screen seems not to answer while the enemy is killing you? It happened to me in AM today and also in the new mission . I'm stocked in AM 🤔
    😪🤔🙄
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah do the bugs for me today is I started at 97%, went down the entire field on nodes I hadn't played, and ended at 97%.
    That and the 12 hit combo Cyclonus nailed me on. It was super human(bot) where he was just able to shoot, hit like 6 times, then shoot and hit over and over again.
    First I'd ever seen of this. It was a really odd pattern of attack I thought the game was set up to not happen.
    Has it happened to you guys that while playing your bot all of the sudden does not respond to any things even the screen seems not to answer while the enemy is killing you? It happened to me in AM today and also in the new mission . I'm stocked in AM 🤔
    😪🤔🙄
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Man this happens quite a bit. It's mentioned many time on the "game is breaking the rules" thread no one seems to pay attention to.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Yeah do the bugs for me today is I started at 97%, went down the entire field on nodes I hadn't played, and ended at 97%.
    That and the 12 hit combo Cyclonus nailed me on. It was super human(bot) where he was just able to shoot, hit like 6 times, then shoot and hit over and over again.
    First I'd ever seen of this. It was a really odd pattern of attack I thought the game was set up to not happen.

If it helps, I too witness Cyclonus doing this. First time I’d seen anything like it. I can’t remember when during the combo his Dark Field kicked in but it was there.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    So according to multiple tests:
    - the map is 6x6 lanes' size
    - every node should be reached from two directions
    - it takes 11 entire runs to 100%: start from going to right and turn left at 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th 5th and 6th stop, that makes 6 runs. Repeat for left, but this time you only need 5 runs.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »

If it helps, I too witness Cyclonus doing this. First time I’d seen anything like it. I can’t remember when during the combo his Dark Field kicked in but it was there.

This time it wasn't the dark field. It would've made sense if it did because I employ that tactic when using him:)
  • Does anyone know if the nodes are locked in as to what specific type of ore is on which node? Or is it a completely random bot on each node each time?
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Does anyone know if the nodes are locked in as to what specific type of ore is on which node? Or is it a completely random bot on each node each time?

So.. been mapping bots to nodes in Fog of War and trying to find something to go on. Done 12 runs so far covering every node in the map. Gathering more fights but so far got a couple of interesting finds:

Its not so much based on the node you select but based on the fight you are up to. Certain fights have a higher likelihood of getting certain classes.

Example of the fight logic, 5th fight in my data you are extremely likely to hit not just a warrior, but specifically Hound. Ive got him in almost 66% of fights. 4th and 7th fights are most likely to yield a Tech, Ratchet and Blaster respectively.

Bosses override all patterns in the data, however there is more chance of certain bosses at certain fights. I.e In my data I have a 33% chance of hitting Galvatron on the 9th fight (right before Tronus).

It seems each fight is randomised but within a very tight set of parameters, and each fight has different parameters.

Once Ive gotten some more data Ill put it all together and have some more conclusive findings.
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the nodes are locked in as to what specific type of ore is on which node? Or is it a completely random bot on each node each time?

So.. been mapping bots to nodes in Fog of War and trying to find something to go on. Done 12 runs so far covering every node in the map. Gathering more fights but so far got a couple of interesting finds:

Its not so much based on the node you select but based on the fight you are up to. Certain fights have a higher likelihood of getting certain classes.

Example of the fight logic, 5th fight in my data you are extremely likely to hit not just a warrior, but specifically Hound. Ive got him in almost 66% of fights. 4th and 7th fights are most likely to yield a Tech, Ratchet and Blaster respectively.

Bosses override all patterns in the data, however there is more chance of certain bosses at certain fights. I.e In my data I have a 33% chance of hitting Galvatron on the 9th fight (right before Tronus).

It seems each fight is randomised but within a very tight set of parameters, and each fight has different parameters.

Once Ive gotten some more data Ill put it all together and have some more conclusive findings.

Ah cool, I've been trying to map it out as well. Care to share findings? :)
    Dircules wrote: »

Ah cool, I've been trying to map it out as well. Care to share findings? :)

Absolutely, doing more runs now. Also some corrections to the above, Galvatron tends to hit on the 8th fight, not the 9th as I posted before and the 6th node is a possible Blaster.

Didnt have data on hand so was going off memory 😖
    Heres some basic stuff (you may have to zoom in on the pictures). First is just the bots and what fight number they were. Second is the overall amount of each class (excluding Tronus) and the classes encountered on each node (factoring boss arrivals)

a0pao8e8dsqf.jpg
    8kdzjoku9gbn.jpg
    Nice! I've only been keeping track of classes, not individual bots. And not each run, only added if it was a class I've not previously encountered.
    qw8xbk4330os.png

This is the result of 15 or so runs
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Dircules wrote: »
    Nice! I've only been keeping track of classes, not individual bots. And not each run, only added if it was a class I've not previously encountered.
    qw8xbk4330os.png

This is the result of 15 or so runs

Thanks for this! I needed that!
    Sure, it doesn't really help though, classes are spread out enough to not really make a difference :)
    Something else Ive discovered is the Boss you may get is fixed to a fight number.

Fights 1 and 6: Demotron
    Fights 2 and 7: Cyclonus
    Fights 3 and 8: Galvatron
    Fights 4 and 9: Nemesis
    Fight 5: G1 Megs

Its a 5 bot cycle, cut off at Fight 10 because thats always Tronus.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Something else Ive discovered is the Boss you may get is fixed to a fight number.

Fights 1 and 6: Demotron
    Fights 2 and 7: Cyclonus
    Fights 3 and 8: Galvatron
    Fights 4 and 9: Nemesis
    Fight 5: G1 Megs

Its a 5 bot cycle, cut off at Fight 10 because thats always Tronus.

That can't be right. I've fought a ton of these missions. I've gotten duplicates of the minibosses before. In fact, once I got 3 Cyclonus minibosses in a single run-through before.