Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

G1 Megatron or G1 optimus prime

As almost us have t4 tactician spark after the new mission. So the question is G1 Megatron or G1 optimus prime.

Especially when considering lvl80 plus alliance missions and when considering new alliance map, previous alliance maps and future alliance maps.

G1 Megatron or G1 optimus prime 46 votes

G1 Megatron
73% 34 votes
G1 Optimus Prime
26% 12 votes

Comments

• NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    This question was just recently answered in the showdown between Megs and Prime...

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/8743/best-bot-in-the-game-outside-of-tronus-off-course/p1
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    "... previous alliance maps." ??
    "...and future alliance maps." ?!?
  • omernuzomernuz Posts: 58
    I think that in the previous map g1 optimus was good. After changing the map, he became much useless. I haven't tried g1 Megatron yet and don't know his abilities much. In the future, map can change and bots usefulness can change also. I want everyone to answer according to that.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited August 2019
    Megs
    Sp3 + heavy = instakill

I'm not rocket scientist, but the math seems legit.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited August 2019
    Megs
    Sp3 + heavy = instakill

Prime's rollout+ special 2 after combo= Utter annihilation of the opponent. Way better than megatron IMO. And og primes bleed damage is godly when duped and at high level, and even at low level, it still does a lot. But megs is better for primal. Both are fantastic tacticans though, i would rank 5 my duped megs even with my r5 prime.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Megs
    Sp3 + heavy = instakill

Not quite instakill, more like slow painful guaranteed kill over a solid 15-20 minutes.

Ive never ever shocked someone to death without a LOT of help from fists and fusion cannons.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    If you’re ninja-like and don’t get beat up, Megatron.

If you get beat up and don’t mind Ratchet tagging along, Prime.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Outright stats, go with Optimus Prime. Great damage and armor as long as he’s not alone, and of course, Ratchets synergy.

For utility and strategy, Megatron. No one has an answer to a permanent Armor Break and Attack Down, and you can bring along Starscream and Shockwave to make him even deadlier(plus Starscream and Shockwave are great bots on their own)
  • SkBirdman wrote: »
    Megs
    Sp3 + heavy = instakill

Not quite instakill, more like slow painful guaranteed kill over a solid 15-20 minutes.

Ive never ever shocked someone to death without a LOT of help from fists and fusion cannons.

I just use a Sp3 and Heavy Spam immediately after the animation. It's almost always worked for me.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    I like the buff steal ability of OGMT, which is available as quickly as a fused SP1.

Like stealing grimlock reflect range or ratchet/jetfire resist or skorps crit buff

I'd say he's far from useless in D70+