Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Masteries

Thunderman17Thunderman17 Posts: 26
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Does anyone remember and/or cares about the mastery mechanic? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious, do you plan to expand on this idea or is it a dead mechanic?

Comments

• Also, there are a few masteries that flat out don't work.

For example:
    • The final "Full Mettle" mastery that's supposed to give your bots a 10% armor buff as long as they are above 85% health doesn't work. The second tier does and grants the buff until you drop to 90%. I just went ahead and redistributed points, but it'd be nice if it worked.
    • As far as I can tell, the "Stand Together" Mastery that's supposed to basically give my Squad the Sig of Ultra Magnus doesn't actually change my PI. It says it grants +3.5% Attack against the final boss for each team member that hasn't been knocked out. Well both before and during battle, my bots' PI din't change. I didn't several test runs without relics and without changing masteries to see if it changed at the final boss. Never budged. +17.5% attack would be HUGE, but I never saw it.

Will there be any future possibilities of earning additional Mastery Points, even without going beyond Commander Level 60? I think I remember seeing one of the staff here mention there wouldn't be a level increase, which is fine by me - but mastery points could really help shake up the game more and help us even the odds against some of these over-modded opponents.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I’m pretty sure Gerald did care about Masteries. In fact, it’s his favorite mechanic in the entire game. Boy, I sure miss him
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Remember when Star Seeker was broken? That was fun times.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I like masteries....it's a good mechanic that adds the smallest kick, but doesn't throw a game breaking wrench in the mix.
  • Can we get an update on some of the broken Masteries, or pass it along to the dev team?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • Why not more masteries? It’s long overdue we got some. A raise to lvl65 or 70 would help offset this and keep the whales whaling for a while. Or maybe we could get a mastery point for completing act 4 chapters? They done that in the other game I believe.

Same goes for raid mods too. At least having regular access to the current ‘exclusive mods’ when new ones do come out would be nice.
  • Yeeeesssss, those Exclusive Mods are so damned elusive. I managed to get a 3* Scout Sentry from my ONLY Exclusive Mod Crystal and I think I cried a little.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    XaosPrime wrote: »
    Yeeeesssss, those Exclusive Mods are so damned elusive. I managed to get a 3* Scout Sentry from my ONLY Exclusive Mod Crystal and I think I cried a little.

Same here and the 3* really sucks, especially unduped.
  • Yes, more levels would really be awesome, should have at least 100 levels by now, when the game first came out there should have been 100 levels, should be a lot higher than even 100 by now and we are no where close. I would like to have the opportunity to get all the masteries that are there.

Also the mods, duping the rare ones are nearly impossible, I would love to dupe or awaken my 4 star tech console mod, at least let us be able to get awakens for the mods like we can for the bots. also how about the t3 sparks for the mods so we can get mods to rank 4 and 5
  • XaosPrime wrote: »
    Yeeeesssss, those Exclusive Mods are so damned elusive. I managed to get a 3* Scout Sentry from my ONLY Exclusive Mod Crystal and I think I cried a little.

Yeeaahhh.... The only exclusive mod that I’ve ever pulled was a superconductor 2000. It's weird just how exclusive these crystals are.