Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Best Brawler Bot

This post is really just to generate discussion about all the best bots, not simply situational, but in general. Because all bots can be used when you have enough skill, but I wanted to see what people would say would be the best bot when max duped and forged, and used in any situation by someone who knows what they're doing.

Best Brawler Bot 64 votes

Grimlock
10%
Gunz0Chuck_CanuckSilentHunter2billygovolsPeasBonesetterHUNDragma 7 votes
Grindor
1%
Iq2312 1 vote
Motormaster
7%
KillMasterCTracked_SignalBntyhntr3232_BlackRazakCrossides 5 votes
MV1 Optimus Prime
26%
SavageCabbageBazzatron19790_qpaHTa3uuJurassicPark10XXXThuleAnakinPrimeJmdThunderman17JIMMY_SABOptimalOptimus_MV1I_am_awesomeGeneralZ9NetLizardBenjamimSneakyAutobotYTVanawsum 17 votes
Optimus Primal
32%
Silent_AssassinBeastdadIgoranFunnyMetegKIZILELMAHod_rodBlack_ThoughtRed_Devil_28bgunns31Red_EyesHZEROXaosPrimeScarredArachnid333Sycko5CarrotBoy2kTransformator79Primerprime5BrickT197399Starlord99MJCline 21 votes
Tantrum
10%
KoliTechnobotSparkEaterKittenNorthernLightRCMystaJay꼬물이 7 votes
Thundercracker
9%
M00NPhatBoy123GroundwaveHijacker2531iiDyingLightDecimus234 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    Thundercracker
    For me that would be TC, because his non-existent criticism rate allows him to take on BC without any problem. He also has the best purify in the game, and has a quite helpful block against ground vehicles. He can also gain buffs simply by racking up combos and hits, and he can get an armor buff as well. Now, I don't actually know whether or not his base stats are actually that good, because I only have him at 3*. But his kit is, imo, the best kit among brawlers.
  • Options
    Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited August 2019
    Optimus Primal
    The Bots I dread facing the most are RotF Megs, Ironhide and Bonecrusher, simply because of the insane amounts of damage their Critical Attacks can cause. These are also Bots that are very easily countered by Primal. If you can get to Sp3 a single time, that extra Armour really takes the edge off more devastating attacks like Galvatron and Megatronus' Sp2's( you can take a couple of them and still stay standing) and non-Special hits just become scratches. Overall, I think Primal is the best Brawler simply due to his survivability, and the ability to turn that heavy Defence into a terrifying Heavy Attack that has a high chance to OHKO weakened Opponents.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Motormaster
    You can word it anyway you want, post anytime you feel like it, the result will always be Primal on this forum.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Tantrum
    Primal's damage just cant compare... he gets big damage after sp3 and that's it, ai just dodges most heavies anyways. I judge mostly on damage so I dont care much for the armour. Tantrum when played right can do the highest damage for a brawler with 10 stacks, and also has purify, unstoppable and stun. Motormaster is also close in damage but he doesnt have much utility aside from unstoppable.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Grimlock
    Unawakenef Grimlock

And before you ask, Hound, Barricade, Soundwave, Ramjet and Ultra Magnus
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited August 2019
    Tantrum
    Each of the Brawler Bots have good things and bad things about them. I have all of them as 4* Bots (and a couple of them as 5*) and all my Brawlers have their sigs unlocked. So, here's my assessment:

Grindor: I like that his armor is tough. It's usually a long fight when I face him, unless I have a good Tact with me. I also love his synergy with Barricade that allows both to initiate Power Lock for 12 seconds on an opponent once each bot successfully connects on their first heavy. By the time my opponent gets over that Power Lock and almost reaches their Special 1, Grindor is tearing them apart with his Special 2. Still Grindor is the most beatable brawler when everyone's sigs are unlocked.

Motormaster: Look, I know a lot of Commanders love the King of the Road. And I like his Unstoppable Rush attacks and how his Special 3 is awesome. But... NEVER have him face Cyclonus 1 on 1. NEVER!

MV1 Prime: His sig is great, his armor is great, and his ability to heal from bleeds are well known. Problem is Starscream, OGP, UM, and OGM are tailor-made good counters (Starscream's SP3, in particular, renders MV1's Sig useless).

Grimlock: He is my top bot currently in the game. Dino Rage is incredible. He is the perfect counter to HA-enhanced bots in Raids. And, as I have said, I used him one-on-one against Tronus is Darken Fog of War. His weakness is Dark Burn, which is bad against The Fallen, Galvatron, and Cyclonus.

Primal: I get why everyone loves him. His Armor and Sig are meant to take some serious punishment. But again, Starscream's SP3 actually can reduce a Fully Armored Primal from 30% health to 0 like nothing. And then there's Ultra Magnus' SP2 and SP3. The more armored Primal is, the worse damage UM can do with the SP3.

Thundercracker: I still can't wrap my brain around how good this Seeker is. He's much better than Screamer, IMO. The Shield and ability to successfully block non-ranged Heavies is incredible. He renders BC harmless, and his Heavy purifies. Have yet to see a true weakness.

Tantrum: This bot is a charging menace. He is designed to attack. If you build up his Melees, you can purify like Grimlock or Thundercraker at 3, 6, and 9 Melee Buffs, plus his SP2 and SP3 become even more powerful. His only weakness is backstepping clears the Melee Buffs. Still, excellent bot to play with.
  • Options
    Grimlock
    Poor little Grindor...
  • Options
    Thundercracker
    Poor little Grindor...

What do you expect? Everything he does, someone can do it better. Grimlock is a better health tanker, and purifies DOTs. Primal has better armor, and that armor also prevents crits. Thundercracker has better burns, which come through purification. Damage-wise, he has no melee buffs, no DOTs, nothing. He might actually be the worst brawler in the game.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    MV1 Optimus Prime
    Poor little Grindor...

What do you expect? Everything he does, someone can do it better. Grimlock is a better health tanker, and purifies DOTs. Primal has better armor, and that armor also prevents crits. Thundercracker has better burns, which come through purification. Damage-wise, he has no melee buffs, no DOTs, nothing. He might actually be the worst brawler in the game.

But he is by far the best dancer in the game.
  • Options
    Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited August 2019
    Thundercracker
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Poor little Grindor...

But he is by far the best dancer in the game.
    jesbztzx0k9e.gif
  • Options
    BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited August 2019
    Grimlock
    Poor little Grindor...

Bleeds are usually come from crit hits, and he has crit rate debuff passively so he didn't get too much bleed, so no need to purify (only Grim purifying everything, mainly anti-bleed is the brawler thing) His signature "perforate" is a constant dmg buff that becomes more effective if the enemy has more power. He has a pretty big health pool too, not as big as Grimlock (he has the most HP) but he get armor buff which almost the same if we talking about meelee attacks.. so.. I don't think he is THAT bad :)

But hey.. I like Mixmaster and Magnus too (I like him more than Bumblebee or Dinobot) maybe I'm a weirdo :D
    I think It depends on playstyle and synergies too
  • Options
    MV1 Optimus Prime
    I don't understand why so many people like primal so much. His damage is low compared to others like mv1 or tantrum, you only get a lot of damage if you use a heavy while at max crit armor, and that is for a limited time. His specials are meh. I know he is decent, but i can't find myself using this guy a lot. But this may be because i don't use primal much anymore since i ranked 5 mv1. Perhaps I'll give primal a chance though, as i do have most beast wars characters as a 5 star, Besides primal and scorp of course.
  • Options
    Thundercracker
    I don't understand why so many people like primal so much. His damage is low compared to others like mv1 or tantrum, you only get a lot of damage if you use a heavy while at max crit armor, and that is for a limited time. His specials are meh. I know he is decent, but i can't find myself using this guy a lot. But this may be because i don't use primal much anymore since i ranked 5 mv1. Perhaps I'll give primal a chance though, as i do have most beast wars characters as a 5 star, Besides primal and scorp of course.

It's mainly because of his defensive capabilities.
  • Options
    HZEROHZERO Posts: 52
    Optimus Primal

Primal is a bit more complicated to use to get good damage (do not force the 10 charges to deal damage) since when the enemy blocks there is a possibility of obtaining increased force charges.

While Tantrum is the brawl with the most damage, maintaining its charges to maintain its damage is complicated (so far I have not seen anyone use it in MDA at a level 80 or more, I do not think that at that level against Bludgeon you can maintain more than 6 charges all the fight without taking damage, when you block you receive damage clear).

Optimus MV has a stable and continuous dps (to my liking the brawl with the best dps). Its most for short fights

While Primal's dps is explosive (it's better for long fights)
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Motormaster
    Beastdad wrote: »
    You can word it anyway you want, post anytime you feel like it, the result will always be Primal on this forum.

No one loves the master of motor more than I do, but I always pick Primal because most people need his ability to live through massive amounts of hits.

Motormaster is still a gangster.

I beg to differ...Motormaster is a CHAMPION in my opinion...I love him more than you do :P
  • Options
    MV1 Optimus Prime

No one loves the master of motor more than I do, but I always pick Primal because most people need his ability to live through massive amounts of hits.

I beg to differ...Motormaster is a CHAMPION in my opinion...I love him more than you do :P

Give me a reason why ye think MM is best. He's not a horrible bot, but his damage is low if you haven't taken damage, and you do not wanna take damage. The specials are mediocre too. But he's decent with synergies. I would rank up a duped grindor over a motomaster probably.
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Motormaster

Give me a reason why ye think MM is best. He's not a horrible bot, but his damage is low if you haven't taken damage, and you do not wanna take damage. The specials are mediocre too. But he's decent with synergies. I would rank up a duped grindor over a motomaster probably.

First of all...I LOVE his SP2...does ridiculous damage and makes him unstoppable...and I like him Mostly for personal prefrence...his unstoppable dash is helpful and truth be told...

I don't really like brawler bots in general but I like motormaster
  • Options
    Thundercracker

First of all...I LOVE his SP2...does ridiculous damage and makes him unstoppable...and I like him Mostly for personal prefrence...his unstoppable dash is helpful and truth be told...

I don't really like brawler bots in general but I like motormaster

So you don't like bleed purification?
  • Options
    Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited August 2019
    Thundercracker

Or so you said?

(tbh, I'm quite surprised myself at the fact the people chose MV1 over Primal, even if it were by a slim margin)
  • Options
    OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited August 2019
    MV1 Optimus Prime

Or so you said?

(tbh, I'm quite surprised myself at the fact the people chose MV1 over Primal, even if it were by a slim margin)

It's not that surprising, i would explain more, but i don't wanna appear to some that i hate primal, when really, i am fine with him.
  • Options
    Thundercracker

Or so you said?

It's not that surprising, i would explain more, but i don't wanna appear to some that i hate primal, when really, i am fine with him.

I presume it's more of a damage over defense thing, amiright?
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Motormaster

Or so you said?

Wow. Justice, finally.
  • Options
    OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited August 2019
    MV1 Optimus Prime

Or so you said?

I presume it's more of a damage over defense thing, amiright?

I believe so, in this game, doing damage is superior over taking damage. Especially if you are fighting harder opponents, thus making mv1 better than some bots, like motormaster and TC, (who arent bad/ motomaster is meh)
  • Options
    MV1 Optimus Prime
    MV1
    He’s one of the first Brawlers in the game, heals from bleeds, great counter to every warrior(except Hot Rod) as they all will give him back some health from the bleeds. His signature is amazing as u’ll be safe from getting KO’d right away, and the most important thing, HIS SPECIAL 1 CAN ONE SHOT THE OPPONENT!
  • Options
    BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Optimus Primal
    Primal, although Tantrum and Thundercracker are right behind him.

Primal just covers more ground than anyone else. He has high base stats, strong specials, bleeds and synergies, unique crit armor that helps against all but a select few bots, melee buffs if you hit someone who’s blocking or use a heavy so you’re constantly pressuring your opponent, and with his signature, you can worry less about all damaging debuffs and even benefit from bleeds.

Tantrum and TC are both great though. Tantrum is able to have the highest damage in the game after about 20 seconds of a fight, TC is able to put out more damage based on just how offensive you’re playing and can get into some brutal combos, and both have some added defensive abilities. I vote Primal, but Tantrum and TC are right up there with him.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Motormaster
    The kills my 4* R5 (max sig max forge) MOTORMASTER has...is impressive.

If i had him in R5, 5* max sig, 80K bases would be a walkthrough (when paired with R5'd KB and Rhinox).

People give MM a tough time, whilst swooning over Primal, Murdermus Prime and Tantrum.

Tantrum can't dodge most SPs, which i need in a bot. Do it and your damage plummets.

MV Prime, Primal are Autobots, no thanks.
    (Yea, my raid team has Rhinox, who eventually becomes TANKOR)

Motormaster has a superb heavy to offset his terrible SP1. 8K Primal on raids becomes fair game (even with my 4* MM) once you strip him off his attack and stack multiple armor breaks.
    His SP2 ENSURES victory.
    Learn to dodge with him, and he's pretty unbeatable (shut up, CYCLONUS)
  • Options
    BlackRazak wrote: »

If i had him in R5, 5* max sig, 80K bases would be a walkthrough (when paired with R5'd KB and Rhinox).

People give MM a tough time, whilst swooning over Primal, Murdermus Prime and Tantrum.

Tantrum can't dodge most SPs, which i need in a bot. Do it and your damage plummets.

Motormaster has a superb heavy to offset his terrible SP1. 8K Primal on raids becomes fair game (even with my 4* MM) once you strip him off his attack and stack multiple armor breaks.
    His SP2 ENSURES victory.

With tantrum I usually throw a heavy to get out of the way. Might not evade the full special so the block needs to go up quick if it’s an awkward one to evade, but it’s still beautiful to watch that heavy hit just as their special finishes. Followed by charging in for another melee buff. Tantrum is probably the most fun bot to use in the game, even if it’s not for the right reasons
  • Options
    MV1 Optimus Prime
    BlackRazak wrote: »

His SP2 ENSURES victory.

Are you saying you dislike primal and mv1 just because they are "autobots"? Or am i wrong? I can see why motormaster is good" but he is ONLY good the less health you have, and i would never want to take damage. You might say that mv1 would need low health to do a bunch, though that may be true, he does big damage even at high health. Primal is overall a better bot (with Prime) for raids than MM. Motormaster can't heal, and can't get armor, and does relatively low damage at high HP. Im not trying to put motormaster as a horrible bot,(as i like him, but i would rather use other brawlers) i am just questioning why MM is good. But maybe my MM skills are a bit rusty, as i haven't used him in a while. Final thing, i would rank up Motormaster, but i must consider primal and tantrum first. (primal unduped, rank 2, tantrum duped, rank 2)