Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

This is not going to go away

Here's a couple of questions:
What's the MAX rewards available for the #1 alliance for the weekend? I'd like to hear from top players.
What's the max amount of loot one can get in one week of play?
Does it at all equate to what was handed out for free?
What about all the players who took time, spent money and energon playing all week? Did they get anything close to what was just handed out?
Kabam, I can appreciate your generosity in this situation, but this is my question for who ever gave the ok for this decision:

What did you actually think was going to happen? Did you think we'd all just be ok with this? This is by far probably the biggest F-up you've made in recent memory. You were riding high on the Fog event. Way to make everyone forget about that.
What's up for September you might ask? Buddy it better be good to make up for this. Hopefully you didn't just alienate a huge swath of players because you just proved the best way to get stuff is to do nothing.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Yeah I get you man, to be honest I would rather have been glitched all week and get these rewards. Fog of war is up this week again anyways
  • Options
    MarkGraysonMarkGrayson Posts: 33
    edited August 2019
    Before the Fog event, T4Class was the most rare resource in the game. Arguably, it's still the most rare resource in the game. If I was on the bench last week while other players were banking that resource I'd have been mad about that. A really nice package and the event open for another week saves that player from quitting the game.

I think the people complaining about unfairly being skipped have a point.

I think people jealous of those getting the package should chill. 2c.

No, I didn't get the package. I enjoyed 2 weeks of Fog banking 4 demo T4C, 3 tact T4C and 1 T4C of every other class except Tech (about 1000 shards short on tech). I'm happy to have had that opportunity over 2 weeks to grind at my pace, than the package deal. 2c
  • Options
    NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Thank you @JKL and @MarkGrayson for bringing a bit of sanity - and civility - to the discussion about the compensation packages.
    I get it that it's frustrating and feeds the green-eyed monster, but the knee-jerk rage is counterproductive. Perhaps a more even-keeled discussion on the filtering process would be more beneficial.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    The point is there seems to be no thinking before doing.
    Did they feel this would go over ok?
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    DrShotgun wrote: »

That's underestimated. There's just no simple solution for such a complex problem, you can't say they did that without thinking when at least some people think the compensation is okay.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited August 2019

Actually I feel they did think this through. They awarded secondary compensation to those affected by the ones actually affected. That's taking the extra step.

The people who were not affected got their normal play rewards plus a whole bunch of what were $100 items. Yes, the affected can play for them now but they still missed out on a week of top tier grinding.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Seems to me there are ALOT of pissed players, especially those who actually played the AM and didn't get rewarded for the top spots. The rewards given were WAY out of balance. So yeah, I can use the slider and I see they were awarded better than the top 3 spots in AM. That's super fair.
    And as for them lower tier package...it's crap. I've been doing better than that with freebie crystals.
    According to many, it just kinda seems like they used dart board reasoning as to who got what. Even people in the same alliance got different packages. Some even got BOTH. But keep telling them "thank you, may I have another" because that'll make things better. Seems the main post has 70 comments so far, and all but a couple are pissed.
    But I'm happy you're happy, but you're definitely the minority in this dumpster fire.
  • Options
    Good night.

About the rewards!

Several of my friends couldn't play and didn't receive the most advantageous apology you sent.

I found a hell of a ****, the right would be the same for everyone!

I know several that will stop the game if you don't treat the players as we deserve.

I await immediate solutions!
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I can feel the toxicity of this thread rising.

Just make Fog War permanent, with a rotating boss and raise the max AM D lvl to 400. That should get us through Christmas.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    The package is fine. The selection of players who got it is not. If they manage to properly spot the people who still deserve it and compensate those too, I’m happy to call the people who shouldn’t have got it *lucky* and move on.

Note. I didn’t get it, and don’t qualify.
  • Options
    Manthro had a great idea in another thread....give everyone the big package and the affected players the additional package on top of it.
    Seems like a super easy solution...and I absolutely agree with @JIMMY_SAB ....Fog events need to be a permanent thing, or at least a semi regular thing. Adding a daily mission to get t4 would help a bit.
  • Options
    Seems to me there are ALOT of pissed players, especially those who actually played the AM and didn't get rewarded for the top spots. The rewards given were WAY out of balance. So yeah, I can use the slider and I see they were awarded better than the top 3 spots in AM. That's super fair.
    And as for them lower tier package...it's crap. I've been doing better than that with freebie crystals.
    According to many, it just kinda seems like they used dart board reasoning as to who got what. Even people in the same alliance got different packages. Some even got BOTH. But keep telling them "thank you, may I have another" because that'll make things better. Seems the main post has 70 comments so far, and all but a couple are pissed.
    But I'm happy you're happy, but you're definitely the minority in this dumpster fire.

Like I said before, how they selected the people definitely could have used some work. Especially for those that actually had connection issues but didn't get the compensation. The ones that didn't but got the compensation are quite lucky. I see a problem with that process but again, not the actual package.

Breaking it down:

4 x T4c essence - easily obtained in FoW
    5K T4B essence - Top AM rank rewards (not even including milestones)
    5K T3A essence - Top AM rank plus milestones
    2 x T3c - Top AM rank and milestones gives 1.5. Also easy to pick up a T3c in away missions.
    5K 5* shards - pretty generous but obtainable in crystal arena and away missions.
    Rhinox - Crystal arena I believe
    250 energon - You can make that with daily ads, objectives and spotlight missions.
    Boosts, PBC, T2A, 100K gold, 100K raid chips - Get way more than that in 5 days to a week of play.
    5 x repairs - doesn't matter
    10 energy refills - help the guys out with FoW/spotlight grind

Is it really out of balance for missing somewhere around 5 days of play? Granted not that many play top tier AMs but catering closer to what top players earn gets less complaints. Compensation was fine, selection process was not.

• Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    If FOW is permanent, no one would play AM. There is already one top 4 alliance that will disband after this week simply because they don’t find AM worth playing anymore. From grinding the past week, I have seen many cases where people get 5-9 entire T4Cs in one week, compared to half a T4C per week in AM.
  • Options
    Here's a good one for ya:
    Explain this onejr6tpjwke98n.jpg
    Not mine btw
  • Options
    JKL wrote: »
    Breaking it down:

4 x T4c essence - easily obtained in FoW
    5K T4B essence - Top AM rank rewards (not even including milestones)
    5K T3A essence - Top AM rank plus milestones
    2 x T3c - Top AM rank and milestones gives 1.5. Also easy to pick up a T3c in away missions.
    5K 5* shards - pretty generous but obtainable in crystal arena and away missions.
    Rhinox - Crystal arena I believe
    250 energon - You can make that with daily ads, objectives and spotlight missions.
    Boosts, PBC, T2A, 100K gold, 100K raid chips - Get way more than that in 5 days to a week of play.
    5 x repairs - doesn't matter
    10 energy refills - help the guys out with FoW/spotlight grind

Is it really out of balance for missing somewhere around 5 days of play? Granted not that many play top tier AMs but catering closer to what top players earn gets less complaints. Compensation was fine, selection process was not.

How many of those top players with top AM (top10) rank were missed out? And how many players, who are in lower rank alliances and might not even play this game actively got those compensations? It still doesn’t seem fair for me.
  • Options
    Exactly...they assume everyone who "missed out" would place in top 3 in AMs. That's what's got people pissed. I've ranked in the 20s in AM and gotten nothing close to this.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Personally I think they ought to just give everyone both packages and those that were severely effected a little extra. Whatever happened to good will and just giving out free gifts once in a blue moon.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious some explanations should be given to us.
  • Options
    @DrShotgun if a future issue occured that affected you, would you rather be over compensated (and happy) or under compensated (and most likely back here complaining)? It's good to see packages like this even if you don't get them. Kabam is actually trying and it shows their valuing their player base a little more.
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    JKL wrote: »
    @DrShotgun if a future issue occured that affected you, would you rather be over compensated (and happy) or under compensated (and most likely back here complaining)? It's good to see packages like this even if you don't get them. Kabam is actually trying and it shows their valuing their player base a little more.

Showing that they only value Certain players....the rest are useless
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Showing that they only value Certain players....the rest are useless[/quote]

how are rest useless? the rest didn't experience the issue
  • Options
    Voltron wrote: »
    Showing that they only value Certain players....the rest are useless

[/quote]

Ahh but that's where you're wrong. Many who were not affected got not one, but BOTH packages where some who were affected and sent in proof got the garbage package.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    Personally I think they ought to just give everyone both packages and those that were severely effected a little extra.

That’s exactly what they tried to do with that extra package. It’s the selecting the “severely affected” that was the issue.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Ahh but that's where youre wrong. Many who were not affected got not one, but BOTH packages where some who were affected and sent in proof got the garbage package.

Annndd I'm not wrong. two different issues. your thread is about the compensation given. you all are complaining because the compensation is too "high". personally I think it's a whine. and no, I didn't get the compensation.

players getting and not getting the right compensation is a different topic. This is a valid complaint and something Kabam should address.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Ahh but that's where youre wrong. Many who were not affected got not one, but BOTH packages where some who were affected and sent in proof got the garbage package.

Annndd I'm not wrong. two different issues. your thread is about the compensation given. you all are complaining because the compensation is too "high". personally I think it's a whine. and no, I didn't get the compensation.

players getting and not getting the right compensation is a different topic. This is a valid complaint and something Kabam should address.

You're quick to shout "whining"
    How about you actually read and use some independent thought. Yes, the rewards were absurd, the absurd part IS who got what. I just watched a video on a popular YouTube channel that got both and he made videos of playing while the apparent issue was happening.
    Do you actually think there would be an issue had everyone gotten an equal reward? Or if they'd put some thought into who got what, how it was distributed, and what the backlash would be. It looks like they just tossed anyone who used an iPhone a couple hundred $ worth of loot and figured "yeah that'll do"

But sorry, I assumed you'd look past the complaint and see where the complaint was coming from and why. My fault.
    And learn to use a caps button.
  • Options

You're quick to shout "whining"
    How about you actually read and use some independent thought. Yes, the rewards were absurd, the absurd part IS who got what. I just watched a video on a popular YouTube channel that got both and he made videos of playing while the apparent issue was happening.
    Do you actually think there would be an issue had everyone gotten an equal reward?
    But sorry, I assumed you'd look past the complaint and see where the complaint was coming from and why. My fault.

I find it funny when someone from the inside is telling someone from the outside to look outside. Based on my response, it's pretty clear that I fully understand the situation so I think you should take your own advice and read. No need to be "sorry no sorry" passive aggressive. I'm moving on because I know how these things goes. It's another difference of opinion.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    No need to attack each other @DrShotgun @Voltron .
    The issue remains PEOPLE DIDN'T RECEIVE THE CORRECT COMPENSATION despite providing evidence.
    None of this escalation would've occurred if they reversed the reward order, give iOS players the AM pack AND an additional FOG week.

At the moment, unaffected players RECEIVING hardcore compensation, whilst some who've truly suffered get dire gifts.

But why i label iOS players especially whiny is that ANDROID PLAYERS GOT SQUAT DURING THE 8.0.1 DEBACLE.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

JUST A PATCH AFTER WEEKS.
  • Options
    Job4abotJob4abot Posts: 40
    I got the low tier package without the 2 tier 3 crystals
This discussion has been closed.