Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Need advice - merry-go-round strategy

When I fight grimlock, the bull, ultramagnus, I find that their aggressiveness and my bots inability to push them back while they are walking towards me, makes it very difficult.

I am trying to use carousel strategy where both bots are at edge of battlefield. That way you can keep backing up and get cornered much less. But I am still practicing this.

In the meantime I am wondering how many of u use this strategy and successfully?

Comments

• 小龙女 wrote: »
    When I fight grimlock, the bull, ultramagnus, I find that their aggressiveness and my bots inability to push them back while they are walking towards me, makes it very difficult.

I am trying to use carousel strategy where both bots are at edge of battlefield. That way you can keep backing up and get cornered much less. But I am still practicing this.

In the meantime I am wondering how many of u use this strategy and successfully?

Shoot them on the dash-ins, and sometimes, if necessary, block. Remember, blocking mitigates damage, so it is better to block than to try and dodge something if you're not good at it. Really, they can be easy fights if you can remember their frequency to dash-in, evade that, and attack them
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited August 2019
    小龙女 wrote: »

Shoot them on the dash-ins, and sometimes, if necessary, block. Remember, blocking mitigates damage, so it is better to block than to try and dodge something if you're not good at it. Really, they can be easy fights if you can remember their frequency to dash-in, evade that, and attack them

U can’t shoot them, cuz in AM they are on reflect and projectile obsorbe mod

Against reflect u can shoot and dodge, but u still getting squeezed to corner slowly.
  • 小龙女 wrote: »

Against reflect u can shoot and dodge, but u still getting squeezed to corner slowly.

Oh, you're talking about lane 1.3 and 1.2. A lot of it for lane 1.3 is just baiting them into open positions where you can combo, and then dashing out of them so you don't get annihilated. Grimlock is easier than Prowl imo because Grimlock likes to dash in, whereas Prowl will try and melee buff up. 1.3 is one of the harder lanes because of the bleed. To be honest, your tactic works very well. Just stay to the walls as much as possible, sidestep the dashes, and combo them up. It helps to take a ranged heavy bot on 1.3, because they can't absorb that. Try to refrain from that on 1.2 (tbh, I don't follow my own rules and take Prowl on with Bludgeon😅) Hope this helps.
    edited August 2019

Oh, you're talking about lane 1.3 and 1.2. A lot of it for lane 1.3 is just baiting them into open positions where you can combo, and then dashing out of them so you don't get annihilated. Grimlock is easier than Prowl imo because Grimlock likes to dash in, whereas Prowl will try and melee buff up. 1.3 is one of the harder lanes because of the bleed. To be honest, your tactic works very well. Just stay to the walls as much as possible, sidestep the dashes, and combo them up. It helps to take a ranged heavy bot on 1.3, because they can't absorb that. Try to refrain from that on 1.2 (tbh, I don't follow my own rules and take Prowl on with Bludgeon😅) Hope this helps.

Yeah thanks feels like map 1 is all about positioning.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

If you find yourself pushed into a corner, focus purely on re-positioning back to the middle. If they attack, don't counter but use the opportunity to move out.
    Beastdad wrote: »
    That lane is my least favorite and most people on my team avoid it. I set my team up specially to beat that lane.

Og prime for tantrum and iron hide for magnus. I dash backward in a circle and take small shots at tantrum. He really like spamming his sp1, I wait until prime has sp2 then use that with bleeds.

Iron hide can burn magnus pretty well from distance, then a sp2 usually does him in. I dodge a ton on those 2 nodes, their shock damage from basic attacks is high.

“Dash backward in a circle”, that’s what I mean by merry go round. Getting bull’s cycle of sp1 going is definitely best way to take him down. Ultramagnus is super ninja, but I find AI usually dash more when u fire range heavy. If you run around sometimes ultramagnus would hold block or walk towards u and don’t dash at all.