Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Buff us please

Ultra Magnus, rotf megatron, and grindor, we all know these bots to do very low damage, I think it’s time these bots got a balance change, preferably an attack change, if you would like to see at least 1 of these bots get a balance change or any bot for that matter get a balance change please comment who and why and get kabam to notice this

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    You do know that, as enemy, they are already tough enough to fight with?
  • I would suggest a buff to the bayformer synergies, they all are mediocre, except maybe the decepticons synergy with megs.the bay autobots need a large synergy buff, Bonecrusher, grindor, rotf megs, and mv1 need a buff. Hound is probably the one who needs the BIGGEST buff, his damage stinks.
  • XRETROXRETRO Posts: 26
    You do know that, as enemy, they are already tough enough to fight with?
    u mean against and I also mentioned that if u wanted ANY bot to get a balance change, these 3 were just ones I would like to see get one

edited August 2019

I would suggest a buff to the bayformer synergies, they all are mediocre, except maybe the decepticons synergy with megs.the bay autobots need a large synergy buff, Bonecrusher, grindor, rotf megs, and mv1 need a buff. Hound is probably the one who needs the BIGGEST buff, his damage stinks.
    I totally agree, thanks for sharing
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Hound. He literally has no use after the removal of Pyrophobia from AM. I’d suggest giving him the ability to counter Reflect Ranged mods, or just make his bullets ignore Projectile Reflect. Just 1 small addition to this abilities would make him somewhat useful and stand out from the other already great Warriors
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Most of the Bayformers are definitely the worst in their classes. Only Prime is ever consistently talked about in a good way. I think some better synergies would benefit them greatly. Most of their abilities revolve around them getting hit(Demotron, Grindor, Barricade, Bonecrusher, Prime’s signature, Bumblebee, Ironhide) and while it typically makes for good enemies to face, by God they are dull to use. The Decepticons especially.

As for other bots in need of a fix, Ultra Magnus is certainly among them, but I wouldn’t say he’s a priority like Ratchet and Motormaster who I think need one the most. Magnus can at least outlast just about everyone with his Resistance buffs and his Armor Break is a great counter to a handful of bots.
  • The 3 bots you mentioned are annoying to fight already. Leave them be
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Definitely buff ultra serious, hes always been one of my favourites!
    The 3 bots you mentioned are annoying to fight already. Leave them be
    It’s not just you that mentioned has said this but I see why for grinder and demomegs but Magnus is insanely easy for me at least too take out, idk how good ur bots are that might just be the case, idk, but Ik Magnus needs a buff for damage cuz when’s the last time you saw somebody have him on their main team
    Kitten wrote: »
    Definitely buff ultra serious, hes always been one of my favourites!
    YES I actually love ultra Magnus, but yea his damage is so low it’s hard to actually use him and want to rank him up
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Hound. He literally has no use after the removal of Pyrophobia from AM. I’d suggest giving him the ability to counter Reflect Ranged mods, or just make his bullets ignore Projectile Reflect. Just 1 small addition to this abilities would make him somewhat useful and stand out from the other already great Warriors
    these buff ideas for hound are genius, this would seriously Improve hound, the overall worst bot in the game

• Wheeljacks 3rd special, in my opinion, is only useful for healing. I wish there was some more damage involved with it
  • Hounds is trash. Maybe give him anit Evade (both range and melee) when precision ammo is equipped. At the very least this can make him useful.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited August 2019
    Hounds is trash. Maybe give him anit Evade (both range and melee) when precision ammo is equipped. At the very least this can make him useful.

But then precision ammo also giving hound anti-evasion for melee doesn't really make sense does it?
    How about if he hits with a special 1 with precision ammo it nullifies evasion buffs and prevents them from activating for a set duration, like Hotrod's special 2?

For Grindor though I'd prefer it if his minimum level 5 sig gave him 100% melee damage based on stored power up to 200%. Or even generate melee buffs for every 10% of the enemies total power?
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Grindor fights just fine, magnus desperately needs a melee buff, shockwave too. Demo megs is already murder to fight. Don’t buff him.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    XRETRO wrote: »
    The 3 bots you mentioned are annoying to fight already. Leave them be
    It’s not just you that mentioned has said this but I see why for grinder and demomegs but Magnus is insanely easy for me at least too take out, idk how good ur bots are that might just be the case, idk, but Ik Magnus needs a buff for damage cuz when’s the last time you saw somebody have him on their main team

I'll have him there soon. Mine is at r4 and I'm finishing some sharks to forge. Just need that elusive 4* and 2 t4b to r5 him. He will be paired with Prowl and Arcee. I'm hoping the 8% attack boost brings his damage up enough to make him useful though. Arcee is just going to be even more op at that point though.
  • My biggest annoyance is that the unpopular tacticians don’t have the wealth of awesome synergies they are supposed to have as their advantage over other classes - lets have some awesome Magnus, screamer and maybe bumblebee.

Let magnus have his sig buffs all the time / not due to alive/dead team mates

Let magnus build his melee / energy defence buffs to 10 instead of alternating and keep them

And yes, melee buffs for grindor !

My biggest annoyance is that the unpopular tacticians don’t have the wealth of awesome synergies they are supposed to have as their advantage over other classes - lets have some awesome Magnus, screamer and maybe bumblebee.

Let magnus build his melee / energy defence buffs to 10 instead of alternating and keep them

I think Magnus is fine with regards to his abilities, but his synergies need to be changed. They’re all very weak and none of them offer him anything unique, and it screws with his status as a Tactician. Replace his current ones with these, or something along these lines at least:

Born Leaders with Optimus Prime(All Autobots on the team gain 3%-6%-9% Armor and Attack against Decepticons)

Heavy Hitters with Grimlock(All Autobots on the team gain 5%-10%-15% special damage)

Protectors with Arcee(All Autobots on the team gain 11%-15%-19% Critical Chance)

Front Lines with Sideswipe(All Autobots on the team gain 22%-30%-38% Critical Damage)

Inspirations with Blaster(All Autobots on the team gain 5%-10%-15% power rate)

Make him play like his character would suggest he does and have him strengthen his teammates
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    My biggest annoyance is that the unpopular tacticians don’t have the wealth of awesome synergies they are supposed to have as their advantage over other classes - lets have some awesome Magnus, screamer and maybe bumblebee.

I think Magnus is fine with regards to his abilities, but his synergies need to be changed. They’re all very weak and none of them offer him anything unique, and it screws with his status as a Tactician. Replace his current ones with these, or something along these lines at least:

Born Leaders with Optimus Prime(All Autobots on the team gain 3%-6%-9% Armor and Attack against Decepticons)

Heavy Hitters with Grimlock(All Autobots on the team gain 5%-10%-15% special damage)

Protectors with Arcee(All Autobots on the team gain 11%-15%-19% Critical Chance)

Front Lines with Sideswipe(All Autobots on the team gain 22%-30%-38% Critical Damage)

Make him play like his character would suggest he does and have him strengthen his teammates
    Ik this reply is late but these synergies are absolutely amazing, I’m also considering to make a synergies discussion soon, since this discussion was successful as in the community sharing what this game should be
    XRETRO wrote: »
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

Ik this reply is late but these synergies are absolutely amazing, I’m also considering to make a synergies discussion soon, since this discussion was successful as in the community sharing what this game should be

Thank you, and a synergy discussion would be great. There’s a lot of bots with lackluster synergies. Ultra Magnus is particularly egregious seeing as he’s a Tactician, but he’s not alone.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Anyone who has fought UM in the highest difficulty content the game has to offer knows that UM does not need any kind of buff.

He's a juggernaut. You may not like him, but he is incredibly difficult to take down, can do significant amounts of damage, and has a lot of utility in the current meta to boot once you know how to play into his skillset.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Anyone who has fought UM in the highest difficulty content the game has to offer knows that UM does not need any kind of buff.

He's a juggernaut. You may not like him, but he is incredibly difficult to take down, can do significant amounts of damage, and has a lot of utility in the current meta to boot once you know how to play into his skillset.

Is this UM buffed by mods or a vanilla 5/50 100 sig?

I haven’t fought a UM that is super high level as my alliance plays low levels (20-30)

Given my lack of experience I feel that the UM we get to play with doesn’t seem good enough to warrant investment in.

That said, my experience with Arcee was similar - seemed fragile and not all that great as a 4* , however my 4/40 5* is AWESOME; would this be a similar thong with UM ? If you’re brave enough to invest in him you get great returns? I haven’t seen many player UM at high levels , if at all, so I have no idea.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    As one of the foremost former UM users he does not need a major buff. He needs a minor tweak to his S1 to provide a bit more utility in comparison with other tacts. His biggest problem is the fact that he can't apply armor break without an active armor buff and that makes his s1 pretty poor for any other use and lowers a lot of his damage output without his sig.

You could literally do almost anything simple, like s1 nullify a single stack of any buff or maybe prevent buffs from triggering for a time, chance to stun or apply a single armor break based on his resistance stacks (could play with differences based on melee/energy stacks).

His s1 is hard to avoid which could be trouble but after the release of Cyclonus, buff to Starscream etc. UM's utility is lacking. I still use him, behind OP but Cyclonus would be my #2 after he's in the store.
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited August 2019
    kranders wrote: »
    As one of the foremost former UM users he does not need a major buff. He needs a minor tweak to his S1 to provide a bit more utility in comparison with other tacts. His biggest problem is the fact that he can't apply armor break without an active armor buff and that makes his s1 pretty poor for any other use and lowers a lot of his damage output without his sig.

You could literally do almost anything simple, like s1 nullify a single stack of any buff or maybe prevent buffs from triggering for a time, chance to stun or apply a single armor break based on his resistance stacks (could play with differences based on melee/energy stacks).

His s1 is hard to avoid which could be trouble but after the release of Cyclonus, buff to Starscream etc. UM's utility is lacking. I still use him, behind OP but Cyclonus would be my #2 after he's in the store.

Or.. add armor break chance if magnus get meelee resist, and add energy resist debuff chance if he get ranged resist buff (of course as the resist change on magnus, the chance also changes.. Max 50% chance if magnus get 10 resists)

So 5% chance for each maybe?