Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I have finally done it

After much patience and gnashing of teeth, I have FINALLY explored master.

I don’t (and didn’t ) use energon for health or revive.

For those of you who regularly do this, I can feel your eye rolls from here , please don’t feel the need to make a comment.

Incidentally, it was bumblebees evades and knock-down buffs that made the difference....... ( although megatron did on more than one occasion overwhelm Primal , which was awesome)

43x0btm81y12.png
ml2zz2ufaivy.png

Those of you who remember your first time conquering the frustration of repeated failure will understand why I need to share this.........

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Congrats!
  • Bazzatron1979Bazzatron1979 Posts: 238
    edited August 2019
    Kitten wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thanks!

I now have a dilemma though for next month ..........

Do I :

jgai13jpga67.png

OR

gi75d1qtcz5u.png

AND

f44pdovbo995.png

I should probably go for option 2 , that’s would give me a 5* 4/40 in each class

But getting my first 5/50 5* though........
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    It's very hard to hoard 3 t4b in one month unless you play high level AM or spend on fass passes. Yet an r5 still out performs r4.
    Go for an r5 Galvatron and f100 your Megs. Prowl can wait for the dupe. Oh, he'll probably be on sale next month.
  • It's very hard to hoard 3 t4b in one month unless you play high level AM or spend on fass passes. Yet an r5 still out performs r4.
    Go for an r5 Galvatron and f100 your Megs. Prowl can wait for the dupe. Oh, he'll probably be on sale next month.

Thank you for the advice , appreciate it.

I’m 900 shards shy of a t4b and i think that I can get 2-3 full t4b by grinding and doing special missions and a little luck elsewhere.

I recently decimated my 4* population to bring megs to f55 in an attempt to explore master , so I can’t forge again for a while.

I’m hoping prowl is on sale next month as I’m sick of waiting to unlock his potential - I have 10 scout 5* sig waiting to use on him.

I think in all honesty what will happen is I will get to 2 t4b next month and then my will power will decide if i can hold out long enough to get the third for galvatron or if i’ll Buckle and r4 megs.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    R5’ing a 5* Bot will give you the most value in terms of making all game modes easier/doable. Once you have one, class advantage matters significantly less. Should Kabam drop a new mission that is on par with Master Spotlight or even harder, than you’ll be in position to succeed. In other words, it’s a game changer. I would set my sights on that Galvy.

Congrats on Master exploration!
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    R5’ing a 5* Bot will give you the most value in terms of making all game modes easier/doable. Once you have one, class advantage matters significantly less. Should Kabam drop a new mission that is on par with Master Spotlight or even harder, than you’ll be in position to succeed. In other words, it’s a game changer. I would set my sights on that Galvy.

Congrats on Master exploration!

Thank you!

That’s 2 for 2 on Galvatron ..........

I seem to remember that my own experience with getting my first 4* 4/40 being a game changer too.

I think I may have been persuaded to R5 :)
  • After much patience and gnashing of teeth, I have FINALLY explored master.

I don’t (and didn’t ) use energon for health or revive.

For those of you who regularly do this, I can feel your eye rolls from here , please don’t feel the need to make a comment.

Incidentally, it was bumblebees evades and knock-down buffs that made the difference....... ( although megatron did on more than one occasion overwhelm Primal , which was awesome)

43x0btm81y12.png
    ml2zz2ufaivy.png

Those of you who remember your first time conquering the frustration of repeated failure will understand why I need to share this.........

Congrats! I remember the first time I explored Master, it was messy and I was nowhere near as efficient as you. As for your dilemma, I'd say option 2(Megs and Prowl).
  • Thank you !

Now, depending on what the boss landscape looks like in next months special mission , I may have to delay galvatron ; if there’s a nasty tech bot boss I’ll have to upgrade prowl .

Otherwise galvatron gets the green light .

Fingers crossed too for a new bot next month.....
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Bazzatron1979 but which bot DO YOU ACTUALLY LOVE PLAYING WITH.

I understand vets and others are trying to help, and point towards the obvious or especially versatile choice; but go with the one you LOVE.

I actually regret ranking up OG Prime, Prowl, Grim, Nemesis, etc as i rarely use them due to not actually enjoying these undoubtedly decent bots.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Bazzatron1979 but which bot DO YOU ACTUALLY LOVE PLAYING WITH.

I understand vets and others are trying to help, and point towards the obvious or especially versatile choice; but go with the one you LOVE.

I actually regret ranking up OG Prime, Prowl, Grim, Nemesis, etc as i rarely use them due to not actually enjoying these undoubtedly decent bots.

I agree with you on that point @BlackRazak ; My Galvatron is f100, versatile and I enjoy using the most out all demo

Prowl, when duped, is really useful and I enjoy spamming sp1 on bots - he’s the bot I credit obliging me to learn how to dodge in this game and breaking free of the beginner “CHARGE!!!!!!!!!” Approach to battles.

Megatron is enjoyable too, although I don’t have the experience as I used OG OP at 4*, and this is the first special mission i’ve used him on purpose. I have to say, I was so focussed on avoiding Primal that I never saw how much damage I was doing with Megs - it just happened that one moment primal died - i think I must have stolen his attack buffs mid combo and done far more damage than I anticipated.

I’d love to see how much damage Megs and Galvatron can do when they rank up.

I’m thinking I should probably rank up Galvatron as It might be a while before I have 2 T3a again though.