Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Highest damage per combo bots?

I've seen some people measure DPS, I'm not sure if that means damage per second or what but it got me thinking, who's the highest damaging bot in each class?

My initial assumptions (awakened of course):

Demo: Megatronus
Warrior: Arcee
Tact: OG Prime
Brawler: MV1
Scout: Windblade
Tech: Shockwave

Obviously there are many factors that change things but what's your gut instinct on these?

Comments

• Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    DPS is damage per second
  • Options
    小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    I've seen some people measure DPS, I'm not sure if that means damage per second or what but it got me thinking, who's the highest damaging bot in each class?

Obviously there are many factors that change things but what's your gut instinct on these?

I assume it’s all correct. Does arcee deal more damage than drift?
  • Options
    billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    edited August 2019
    Thanks @Bntyhntr3232_, does that typically refer to damaging buffs like BLEED or SHOCK only or is is more encompassing of the total "attack"?
  • Options
    yes @小龙女, I believe Arcee does more damage than Drift.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    You mean highest damage per basic attack combo? Or just highest damage in general (including special/debuff damage, etc)

I’m going with the former to make my own assumptions.
    - Demo: Megatronus (Most Demos have lower basic attack damage since most of them focus their fire power on specials. However, Megatronus’ Relic of Fury boosts ALL of his damage, plus he has the highest PI in the game)
    - Warrior: Hot Rod with the crits
    - Tact: OG Prime. OG Megs if he managed to steal a big attack/damage buff
    - Brawler: Tantrum, period
    - Scout: Jazz with those attack buffs and crit rate buffs stacked
    - Tech: Mirage the same with Jazz but without crit rate buffs
  • Options
    cheetor as scout
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2019
    Bludgeon can deal 40k damage in one single melee light. Although that's in AM, his sig is insane when you dodge too much.
    Overall there are too many factors unless we're chalk talking. I know that highest stacks for Mirage and Tact Bee is 20, Jazz 30. IH can deal 40k with his sp3 with adv.

I think a good measure is to take down ROK mixmaster and count the hits, provided we all use the same level, same forge.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2019

Tantrum easily has the highest damage output of all brawlers per combo, unless you consider Motormaster at low health.

Mv1 doesn't come close.

Mirage is a no contest winner for tech bots. His S3 can give you up to 21 attack buffs in long fights if you are ninja.

Short fights, you could say Shockwave I suppose.

Scout is a difficult one. All depends on synergies and sigs, but I believe Cheetor is the winner there.

For tact... That's purely situational. OGM has the highest potential output if you steal a big attack buff. Bumblebee can stack attack buffs.. OGP has rollout buffs. Hard to say there.

Warrior is also up in the air. Arcee probably has the most consistent regular damage output in a combo, but if you take Bludgeon or Scorponok abilities into consideration, they easily have the highest burst damage potential in that class.

Demo - can't argue with Megatronus, but I just don't like him. Galvatron is comparable, imo

• Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Thanks @Bntyhntr3232_, does that typically refer to damaging buffs like BLEED or SHOCK only or is is more encompassing of the total "attack"?

It should count with debuffs (damaging buffs) but I'm not entirely sure about this game
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    If it's burst damage then Galvatron (and even IH with a good sig) is better than Tronus. Lot of other factors too like synergies.
  • Options
    yes @Gunz0 , I was thinking something along those lines, basic attack combos to make the considerations as equal as possible. And yes, you're right, Tantrum is a no brainer in the Brawler class.

Yeah, @KillMasterC , I like the idea of measuring it that way on RoK. A single bot though, no synergies, who takes him out in the fewest hits.

Good point @Manthro on the length of the fight for Techs. Fwiw, I'm not a ninja so as good as I hear Mirage is, I definitely don't have the chops to utilize him well. In my opinion, I think this might make Shockwave a littler better because there's less finesse required...just block to build those shocks...easy for rube like me ;-)

It was fun getting your all's thoughts on this, thanks!
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    You guys think Prowl isn't the highest dps for scouts? Even with his melee buffs and sp2?
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    This is why rating scout class dps is difficult.

In long fights, Jazz is the champ when paired with OGP.

in shorter fights you can remove Jazz and Barricade from discussion, and argue any of the other scouts.
  • Options
    BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Are we counting special attacks, because that’s a huge factor
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    So many questions about this post.

Here’s my take which doesn’t account for the skill required to execute what I describe below but simply looks at a given bot’s ceiling of damage (any kind - Crit, DPS, DOT, etc.).

Scenario 1 - basic attacks combo + 3 ranged shots:

- tie between Prowl and Tantrum (assumes both of them are buffed up)

Scenario 2 - basic attacks combo + 3 ranged + SP (any level, but obviously SP3 gonna be the common choice here):

- tie between Shocky and Galvy (I would argue that both of them are capable of doing damage upwards of 80k when executed properly)

Just for fun, here is some visual proof for Galvy. 77k on the last hit of his SP3 alone. Imaging the rest of the damage possible with some crits mixed in.

x9dauc5pkymq.jpeg

• Options
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    So many questions about this post.

Here’s my take which doesn’t account for the skill required to execute what I describe below but simply looks at a given bot’s ceiling of damage (any kind - Crit, DPS, DOT, etc.).

Scenario 1 - basic attacks combo + 3 ranged shots:

- tie between Prowl and Tantrum (assumes both of them are buffed up)

Scenario 2 - basic attacks combo + 3 ranged + SP (any level, but obviously SP3 gonna be the common choice here):

- tie between Shocky and Galvy (I would argue that both of them are capable of doing damage upwards of 80k when executed properly)

Just for fun, here is some visual proof for Galvy. 77k on the last hit of his SP3 alone. Imaging the rest of the damage possible with some crits mixed in.

x9dauc5pkymq.jpeg

Tantrum's buffs are WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY more powerful than prowl's. Proof: at rank 5, each melee buff is 24% more for tantrum. But for prowl, at rank 5, it's only 11.7%. Tantrum obviously has the most powerful melee in the game, as even without the buffs his punches hurt.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Tantrum can't dodge AND stack his damage buffs. Get em to stack, however...

MV Prime and Motormaster need low health to amp their damage output.

But Motormaster can stack armor break just using his heavies.

Grim and Grindor can hurt you with SP2s, but their basic attacks and heavies are weak.

DEPENDS ON PLAYSTYLE.

Anyways here's the king of DPS:
    Tronus in AM 3. The geezer can ONE-HIT KILL a 4* R5 100% with his LIFE STEAL.
  • Options
    BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Grim and Grindor can hurt you with SP2s, but their basic attacks and heavies are weak.

DEPENDS ON PLAYSTYLE.

AM Tronus is still one of the worst bots I’ve ever faced. You can spend all match fighting your absolute best and hardest, take out about 15% or 20% of his health, then he’ll Life Steal, regain enough for almost a full health bar, and kill your bot. And his signature means the only “Class advantage” you can have with Techs will not be an effective counter because Techs rely heavily on using their buffs and debuffs.

But with just normal bots the player can use(no mods) Tantrum will hit the hardest. His 10 melee buffs can give more damage than anyone else’s buffs in the game at max level. The only one who can come close is Motormaster, but you need a max level signature to do so, and even then you need to be far off in the danger zone. And his Armor Breaks do let him get in a bit more damage, but they can’t properly or reliably stack, and the pain of using him just isn’t as worthwhile as Tantrum.

Besides Tantrum can evade a lot of specials once he’s blocked and gone unstoppable. It’s not easy to do, but he can do it.
  • Options
    BlackRazak wrote: »

DEPENDS ON PLAYSTYLE.

24% melee buff is still good. It’s more than feasible to work with 3-5 buffs and the occasional backstep and still put out healthy damage. He doesn’t need to go to max buffs to do damage, it’s just s pleasant bonus.

Especially when you gain extra from hitting sp3, which realistically, is what tantrum should aim for.