Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Input messed up

I’m fed up with a random tap within a series of identical taps ( melee ) being “mistaken” for sidestep or being ignored - the enemy bot ( eg master grimlock) then destroys me in one counter combo

Also the random input lag that also allows enemy bots to hit when my bot should have back stepped out Of the way

It’s very galling - I cant be the only one experiencing this. I used to think it was me being cack -handed mid game in the frenzied moments, but I’ve had this happen enough now to know that it’s not.

Is this programming error or programming feature , can it or will it be changed ?

I play on an iPhone XR and new iPad Pro , latest iOS

Also will the graphical blobs that sometimes replace the lasers etc be fixed?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I’m fed up with a random tap within a series of identical taps ( melee ) being “mistaken” for sidestep or being ignored - the enemy bot ( eg master grimlock) then destroys me in one counter combo

Also the random input lag that also allows enemy bots to hit when my bot should have back stepped out Of the way

It’s very galling - I cant be the only one experiencing this. I used to think it was me being cack -handed mid game in the frenzied moments, but I’ve had this happen enough now to know that it’s not.

Is this programming error or programming feature , can it or will it be changed ?

Thank you

It’s definitely not just you. I am also using newer iOS devices (phone/iPads) and have a couple decent Android devices as comparison. The input problems exist on both operating systems. Also feels worse with the new 8.1.3 game version from last week.

Speaking candidly, I accept the issues. This game has some of the best fight mechanics
    I’ve ever experienced on any platform — fighting games have been my thing since I was a kid playing Streetfighter I and this game really does have dynamic concepts with such limited buttons.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Thank you

It’s definitely not just you. I am also using newer iOS devices (phone/iPads) and have a couple decent Android devices as comparison. The input problems exist on both operating systems. Also feels worse with the new 8.1.3 game version from last week.

Speaking candidly, I accept the issues. This game has some of the best fight mechanics
    I’ve ever experienced on any platform — fighting games have been my thing since I was a kid playing Streetfighter I and this game really does have dynamic concepts with such limited buttons.

I agree with you .

I was upset because I’d lost to grimlock in the manner mentioned.

I’ll get there eventually.
  • Options
    BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Thank you

I agree with you .

I was upset because I’d lost to grimlock in the manner mentioned.

I’ll get there eventually.

I have the same issue with the iPad pro but it’s intermittent. One thing I noticed, especially on the new iPad is nothing else can touch the screen and that may be part of your issue. Because the screen has been changed from the previous model it takes adjusting. Personally I hate the visual issues this one has over the control issues.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I’m on iPhone XS Max and latest iOS and all that, but latest game version has these intermittent moments where they just don’t take your input. Like I backstep 3 times and it only registers twice. Or the bot is across the screen I tap to range and it melees. I’ve just come to accept this is Kabam’s standard of game controls development.