Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Most sig(s) reliant bots

Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
So last time I asked which bots were most reliant on simply being duped. Now I'm asking which bots after being duped, need sigs plugged into them to actually make it useful. Remember, this is looking at making the ability useful, not the bot itself.

1. SHARKS
2. Shockwave
3. Cyclonus
4. Grimlock
5. Starscream
6. MotorMaster
7. Nemesis Prime
8. Kickback
9. Barricade
10. Jetfire
11. Primal

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    C Y C L O N U S
  • 1. Probability based sig is program-consuming: OG Megs, Shocky, Ratchet, Starscream, Soundwave, Megatronus, Kickback.
    2. Linear stat benefit: Grindor, Cyclonus, Motormaster, Ironhide, Jetfire, Scorponok, Drift, Windblade, Bonecrusher.
    3. Need to reach to a certain threshold to be useful: Prowl (30+), Mirage (I dunno the exact level but it's to make the unblockable long enough after sp2 so that you can make use of it).
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I’d need to see all bots at Sig 5, 25, 50, 75, & 100 to truly answer this one. I like the question but my brain won’t let me think on it without said information.

That said, I think there are bots you can exclude entirely because the Sig Ability itself is not very useful. I know that’s not your question but wanted to mention a few that have very little usefulness even when maxed:

- Shocky (Undo is fun and allows you to go kamikaze for a few secs but it totally throws off any rhythm and discipline).
    - Arcee (it’s broken)
    - Jazz (just never applies or is practical - a 1 second Stun is useless)

Ok, don’t mean to derail the post. Ignore everything I said.
  • Motormaster is at the top of this list, no doubt

Also, Soundwave. He doesn’t need his signature to be good, but it gains significantly more use once it’s reached a higher level.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2019
    @JIMMY_SAB most of the info can be found on wikia.

And about Motormaster, I dunno. It amplify his damage, but it's like an attack boost item. It doesn't change the fundamental flaw of Motormaster not being able to beat Nanojack and it relies on you being ninja at the death gate.
  • @JIMMY_SAB most of the info can be found on wikia.

And about Motormaster, I dunno. It amplify his damage, but it's like an attack boost item. It doesn't change the fundamental flaw of Motormaster not being able to beat Nanojack and it relies on you being ninja at the death gate.

He’s got a bunch of problems. His base damage isn’t great. His only good ability is his heavy ram. He’s the only bot in the game who can damage himself with his special three. His signature is useless until you get to higher levels. There is never any reason to use his special one. He’s only a threat when he’s at deaths door and has a high level signature. But him not being able to beat Nanojack is not a fundamental flaw. Neither can Prowl, Mirage, Demotron, Nemesis Prime. It’s cool that not every bot in the game has some version of DOT.
  • Hasn't anyone mentioned Wheeljack? He needs to be awakened to be useful (shields)
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    edited September 2019
    I don’t agree with Shockwave that far up the list. While undo is useful, it’s too RNG reliant and does not make a huge difference from playing with an unduped version. There’s no way I’d put him above Grimlock in terms of needing sig.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Maybe I’m misunderstanding this post, but I think the OP is trying to focus on Sig abilities that need to be leveled up via Sig level to be effective. I think @KillMasterC ‘s answer shows how differently you can approach this question.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Maybe I’m misunderstanding this post, but I think the OP is trying to focus on Sig abilities that need to be leveled up via Sig level to be effective. I think @KillMasterC ‘s answer shows how differently you can approach this question.

Yes, @JIMMY_SAB you got it. I’m focusing on bots that need high levels for the sig to be useful. And @KillMasterC ‘s post helped solidify ingood point there
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    So last time I asked which bots were most reliant on simply being duped. Now I'm asking which bots after being duped, need sigs plugged into them to actually make it useful. Remember, this is looking at making the ability useful, not the bot itself.

1. SHARKS
    4. Grimlock
    5. Starscream
    6. MotorMaster
    7. Nemesis Prime
    9. Barricade
    10. Jetfire

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I had a fully maxed Shockwave...forge and sig....his UNDO chance was like 28%.
    All that work for 28%. It was SUCH a waste because it hardly ever triggered.
    So many better techs to invest in. Shockwave is fine without the dup unless he's on a tech console....them damn.
  • Scorp
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    I had a fully maxed Shockwave...forge and sig....his UNDO chance was like 28%.
    All that work for 28%. It was SUCH a waste because it hardly ever triggered.
    So many better techs to invest in. Shockwave is fine without the dup unless he's on a tech console....them damn.

Little known thing about Shockwave. The chance to activate increases for each power bar he currently has. So at max level

1 bar-28%
    2 bars-56%
    3 bars-84%

It helps a ton, especially if they activate a special 3 while you have a high amount of power. I’ve completely negated special 3s from this. The only downside is you never really have any reason to use anything other than his special 3