Who should I prioritise upgrading? (Lots of 5* bots)

iBKiBK Posts: 187
edited September 24 in General Discussion
I’ve gotten a bunch of great new 5*s this month but I’m limited on resources. I’d like to hear your opinion on what you’d think I should upgrade first.
The bots are -
G1 Prime
Cyclonus
G1 Megatron
Jazz
G1 Bumblebee
Kickback
Wheeljack
Drift
Bludgeon
MV1 Prime
In case it matters, my main team is -
5* R4 Cheetor
5* R4 Shockwave
5* R4 Primal
5* R3 Megatron
4* R5 Megatronus
Looking forward to seeing your responses! :)

Comments

  • Work on both Primes, Megatron(G1), Bumblebee and Cyclonus
  • All of them
  • iBKiBK Posts: 187
    All of them
    The point was really who should I prioritise first, I can’t really focus on all at once, I’m not that rich in resources lol
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,804
    edited September 24
    The Megatron on your current team is Demotron, correct?

    If it is and if you have the substantial amount of materials, I would say to prioritize on G1 Megs (real original answer, I know).

    That way, you could switch out Demotron (if you want) and have the benefit of still having the Fallen Synergy with Megatronous, with the additional synergy that Shockwave provides for him.
    Not only that, but it offers more diversity amongst your classes, switching out a second Demo for a Tact.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 187
    The Megatron on your current team is Demotron, correct?

    If it is and if you have the substantial amount of materials, I would say to prioritize on G1 Megs (real original answer, I know).

    That way, you could switch out Demotron (if you want) and have the benefit of still having the Fallen Synergy with Megatronous, with the additional synergy that Shockwave provides for him.
    Not only that, but it offers more diversity amongst your classes, switching out a second Demo for a Tact.
    Sorry, I probably should have left out Megatron as it’s misleading. I’m using G1 Megs on my team right now and I probably should have left him out as I’ve clearly put some resources into him already but I wasn’t sure whether or not is was worth putting 4 T3 Tacts into him or spreading them elsewhere.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,700
    Jazz
  • iBK wrote: »
    The Megatron on your current team is Demotron, correct?

    If it is and if you have the substantial amount of materials, I would say to prioritize on G1 Megs (real original answer, I know).

    That way, you could switch out Demotron (if you want) and have the benefit of still having the Fallen Synergy with Megatronous, with the additional synergy that Shockwave provides for him.
    Not only that, but it offers more diversity amongst your classes, switching out a second Demo for a Tact.
    Sorry, I probably should have left out Megatron as it’s misleading. I’m using G1 Megs on my team right now and I probably should have left him out as I’ve clearly put some resources into him already but I wasn’t sure whether or not is was worth putting 4 T3 Tacts into him or spreading them elsewhere.

    I see.


    In that case, if you just want to get straight to the point with the best bots, then the Primes, Cyclonus, and possibly Bee.

    If you're aiming to diversify your roster then perhaps Drift.
    It doesn't seem like you have a high ranking 5* Warrior and Drift seems like the best option.

    Lastly, who do you REALLY want to pick?
  • BobnfloydBobnfloyd Posts: 27
    edited September 24
    In my opinion I'd do G1 Prime and Wheeljack if you have Nanojack setup. The 2 primary goals for resources is to explore master with little or no energon and Alliance Missions. Whatever allows you to do that is the ones you should focus on.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 187

    I really don’t know who to choose. I’m looking for one team dedicated to AMs, one for raids and one for special content. My current AM team is Cheetor Shockwave and Tronus but I’m hoping to change that around a bit. I don’t yet have a set team for raids.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 421
    It’s a hard choice. But you should also think of r5 one of your 5s bots. A r5 bot is so much stronger. I chose to r5 my 5s G1Megs and max forged him
  • iBKiBK Posts: 187
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    It’s a hard choice. But you should also think of r5 one of your 5s bots. A r5 bot is so much stronger. I chose to r5 my 5s G1Megs and max forged him
    I came back a few days after the Generations event started, which means I missed the fog of war event which I’ve heard was very good. I’ve probably gotten 1.5-2k of each class and I’m nowhere near my first R5.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 421
    Oh I see. I understand now. In the end rank up the bots you like using the most. And that will hello you finish master events without cost.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 187
    I can already explore Master without spending any energon on revives/heals. My main goal right now is to have a team that can hold its own on higher difficulty AMs (~60 and eventually even higher)
    My current team does alright and I'll average at 70-80k points per AM day but the lack of synergy does make things difficult at times.
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 243
    If you want to include bots in your main team you could run an AM team of WJ, Shock, and G1 Megz. That would be a very effective trio even with the 2 techs. WJ can basically hold his own against any class, plus you have the healing factor. (Is wheeljack duped?)

    Personally I wouldn’t rank up primal to rank 5 until you have a full AM squad ready to roll. I find he’s challenged in AM to be an effective bot based on a lower damage output, and at higher levels his armour really doesn’t help that much. But him, cheetor and possibly a rhinox or scorp in the future could be a great raid team for you.

    You also have a good secondary group of bots in g1 prime, bee, jazz, mv1 and drift. They are all very useful and effective. Can’t really go wrong with any of them.

    First world problems as far as I can tell 😂
  • iBKiBK Posts: 187
    Canuck33 wrote: »
    If you want to include bots in your main team you could run an AM team of WJ, Shock, and G1 Megz. That would be a very effective trio even with the 2 techs. WJ can basically hold his own against any class, plus you have the healing factor. (Is wheeljack duped?)

    Personally I wouldn’t rank up primal to rank 5 until you have a full AM squad ready to roll. I find he’s challenged in AM to be an effective bot based on a lower damage output, and at higher levels his armour really doesn’t help that much. But him, cheetor and possibly a rhinox or scorp in the future could be a great raid team for you.

    You also have a good secondary group of bots in g1 prime, bee, jazz, mv1 and drift. They are all very useful and effective. Can’t really go wrong with any of them.

    First world problems as far as I can tell 😂

    WJ unduped unfortunately. I was thinking Tronus, G1 Megs and Shockwave as my new AM team but I’m really not sure.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 525
    iBK wrote: »
    Canuck33 wrote: »
    If you want to include bots in your main team you could run an AM team of WJ, Shock, and G1 Megz. That would be a very effective trio even with the 2 techs. WJ can basically hold his own against any class, plus you have the healing factor. (Is wheeljack duped?)

    Personally I wouldn’t rank up primal to rank 5 until you have a full AM squad ready to roll. I find he’s challenged in AM to be an effective bot based on a lower damage output, and at higher levels his armour really doesn’t help that much. But him, cheetor and possibly a rhinox or scorp in the future could be a great raid team for you.

    You also have a good secondary group of bots in g1 prime, bee, jazz, mv1 and drift. They are all very useful and effective. Can’t really go wrong with any of them.

    First world problems as far as I can tell 😂

    WJ unduped unfortunately. I was thinking Tronus, G1 Megs and Shockwave as my new AM team but I’m really not sure.

    That is a very solid AM team.
Sign In or Register to comment.