Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

A Unfair Mission

Comments

• Megatronus is definitely hard. But he's meant to be. Act 4 is a step up from Act 3, and it is permanent content! If you're having trouble right now, you can always come back later when you're more prepared.

Thanks, Mike, Unlike most of others you actually gave advice and help, beside criticizing my level andbots, thanks a lot, feel free to close the thread.
  • Rank up your bots if you can’t do it. Stoop complaining on the forums saying it’s too hard secretly hooping kabam will nerf the fight.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2019
    Here's the thing...

Everyone wants to jump straight to using 5* bots... That's not the way to do it.

Progress by max ranking and forging up your 4* bots first... Here's why:

A rank 5 fully forged 4* bot has higher skill levels on its abilities. Sure, it has lower attack and health ratings, but the abilities are STRONGER on a rank 5 4* bot than they are on a r2-r4 5* bot. You have a higher percentage chance on trigger rates using max rank 4* bots instead of r2 5* bots.

This game isn't just about punching and kicking, it's about STRATEGY.

Megatronus requires a team of bots all aligned to take him out in each of his relic phases.

You need a purify bot at the start. Preferably with heavy ranged attack.

You need a big damage dealer bot or healer for the middle for the burn. Demo and/or tech. A brawler will also work because they have a ton of health.

You need a strong finisher such as WB, or power control for the end.

Your other two bots in your squad are your choice, to cover whatever your weakness is.

Don't just go in willy nilly with any bot you feel like.

THINK about Megatronus' skills and phases, and counter him with your brain.

Everyone gives up so easily. It's not unreasonably difficult if you take my advice.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Hinata wrote: »
    sorry, I'm delete the game, its so hard.

Very difficulty. All 5* 4/40 full forge only

I have 20k ratings, But you need a 12k rating, looooool. Developers cheat on usimlsa8kq587j.png
    1c9nkaqggk24.png

Unfortunately that's just classless Megatronus for you, don't think it's worth quitting over though...
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    And how was vydious advice any different from the rest? Multiple people said wait till your strong enough lol
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Technobot wrote: »
    So, as I said in another thread, I decided to use my Beast Purification team against Tronus (an all-R4 4* team) in the hopes of using all my bots to beat him without using revives and repairs. Objective failed, even though with a revive and 2 repairs, I eventually beat Megatronus. But you know what? None of those bots were even in my Top 20 most powerful bots.

Now that I have completely explored Chapter 1, I want to do that Tronus mission again and see if I can beat it in one shot. Here's who I am thinking of using:

Max 4* Kickback (consumes shock debuffs)
    Max 4* Windblade (Resolution will be a big help)
    Max 4* Tantrum (Frenzy will purify and he will get stronger as the fight goes on)
    Max 4* Megatronus (How do you beat a Tronus? With another Tronus... duh!)
    R4 5* Grimlock (My strongest bot, and he has Purification active)

Will I get the job done in one shot? Who knows? But it is a fair mission, and with the roster of bots I have, I should find the right combination to take Tronus down in one shot.

Update: I used those bots in a recent redo of The Tronus Mission... and I beat him in one shot. I opened with Grim & he got Tronus down to 64%. Then Tronus took the unclass Fallen down to 26%. Kickback & Windblade did minimal damage, but my Ace in the Hole, Tantrum, finished off Megatronus with health to spare.

So in summary, a Max duped 4* Tantrum, a Max duped 4* Megatronus, and an R4 5* Grimlock pretty much beats Tronus.

Something else I noticed: the non-class Megatronus’ SP3 was locked. So, it could’ve been much worse.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Here's the thing...

Everyone wants to jump straight to using 5* bots... That's not the way to do it.

Progress by max ranking and forging up your 4* bots first... Here's why:

A rank 5 fully forged 4* bot has higher skill levels on its abilities. Sure, it has lower attack and health ratings, but the abilities are STRONGER on a rank 5 4* bot than they are on a r2-r4 5* bot. You have a higher percentage chance on trigger rates using max rank 4* bots instead of r2 5* bots.

This game isn't just about punching and kicking, it's about STRATEGY.

Megatronus requires a team of bots all aligned to take him out in each of his relic phases.

You need a purify bot at the start. Preferably with heavy ranged attack.

You need a big damage dealer bot or healer for the middle for the burn. Demo and/or tech. A brawler will also work because they have a ton of health.

You need a strong finisher such as WB, or power control for the end.

Your other two bots in your squad are your choice, to cover whatever your weakness is.

Don't just go in willy nilly with any bot you feel like.

THINK about Megatronus' skills and phases, and counter him with your brain.

Everyone gives up so easily. It's not unreasonably difficult if you take my advice.

Thanks, I will consider that.
  • Hinata wrote: »

I have 20k ratings, But you need a 12k rating, looooool. Developers cheat on usimlsa8kq587j.png
    1c9nkaqggk24.png

I haven't played yet, but he's not impossible if others have beaten him.

So you just throw your hands up in the air and give up?
  • AyekevAyekev Posts: 9
    I beat him with one max rank galvatron 2 rank 2 5 stars and 2 rank 3 4 stars
  • Try Beast Synergy Cheetor and Scorponok, it worked for me.
  • With minimal effort, maxed 4-stars only, I got him to 37%. Concentration and right bots? Easy beat down.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Dang, all this hype makes me want to start act 4. Is it a fun fight?
    edited October 2019
    Compared to anything in the game. Best spotlight mission was Megatronus in the final mission showdown vs him alone.

I hope kabam introduces more unique mission fights that's away from the usual fight 6+ bots then boss at the end.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I did another test run with a r3 4* Sig 1 TC and r1 5* Sig 10 Grimace. 112 hits from TC got tronus to 66%, then Grimace took him down to 44%. Not bad for some underpowered bots. I'd say this thread contains more than enough options to choose from.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    that1guy wrote: »
    Dang, all this hype makes me want to start act 4. Is it a fun fight?

It’s definitely more fun than the Megatronus spotlight thanks to the new Unstable Energon mod
  • It's true that megatronus is difficult but he can be taken out without using any revives or spending any energon. He does not have his beastly sp3 at all this time. You just need a squad that suits your style.
    Defeated him with one 5* R4/level40 UNDUPED and UNFORGED OGprime and one 4* maxed megatronus only, at the second try though(just didn't want to waste the energons).
  • KenKen Posts: 53
    edited October 2019
    Hinata wrote: »

1c9nkaqggk24.png

I now question myself how I killed AM 3 Difficulty 52 Megatronus with just a 4* Ratchet. I must be lucky. Or I have no life
    Beastdad wrote: »
    that1guy wrote: »
    Compared to anything in the game. Best spotlight mission was Megatronus in the final mission showdown vs him alone.

I hope kabam introduces more unique mission fights that's away from the usual fight 6+ bots then boss at the end.

So that's a no to your original question.

Fun can be subjective, I'll see when I get around to playing act 4.
  • "It's outrageous! It's unfair!"
  • You know...... Grindor will be able to lock specials from use after his upgrade. HINT. HINT.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049

Keep making attempts and you'll eventually prevail. A lot of mastering this game is about trial and error, and repetitive fighting to learn how to attack and counter attack. @DatBoiPlayzYT

Sorry for the lack of sound in the vid.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Ken wrote: »
    I now question myself how I killed AM 3 Difficulty 52 Megatronus with just a 4* Ratchet. I must be lucky. Or I have no life

You really can’t compare the two. They’re two different Megatronus bots. The story one has two additional relics, one which can do burn damage under certain conditions. Also, the mod for the story one does passive shock damage (until you temporarily cancel it).
  • I beat him with 3 maxed out 4*s and 2 R3 5*s. It’s not supposed to be easy. Even with a bunch of 5*s it’s hard. It’s takes a lot of skill and a team that works together well and has good synergies.
    My team was
    5* Hot Rod R3 awakened
    5* OG Prime unawakened
    4* Max forged Awakened Grimlock
    4* Max Forged Awakened Grimlock
    4* Awakened Prowl
    You have to play smart and have a good team. Good luck bro
  • Megatronus is definitely hard. But he's meant to be. Act 4 is a step up from Act 3, and it is permanent content! If you're having trouble right now, you can always come back later when you're more prepared.

Love him or hate him, he’s spitting facts
  • Hinata wrote: »

1c9nkaqggk24.png

Bruh Rank up your bots
    That 2k Rhinox 3k Blaster and 3k Primal are not going to stand a chance
    You need bots at the same level of you Bee and OG Prime