Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

To save, or to rank up?

8dzr6q5orcfn.png

He is awakened.

To save, or to rank up? 18 votes

YES, rank up that Tantrum.
83%
TsunamiKillMasterCChuck_CanuckTracked_SignalBlack_ThoughtMr_WonderfulbillygovolsLarry1337ScarredArachnid333KittenBluemarinetftfHijacker2531SneakyAutobotYTMystaJaylxnarscreqms 15 votes
No, save the resources for someone else
16%
Red_EyesJIMMY_SABBonesetterHUN 3 votes

Comments

• Beastdad wrote: »
    Who else are you working with? Synergies a factor?

Typically, i would use a squad that involved Tronus, Gs prime, jazz, and wheeljack, which i also have gs megs, galva, shock, and jetfire. I might decide to rank up the 5 star beasts that i have. So, do i rank him up, or do i wait until i make a beast squad (No primal or scorp.)
    Beastdad wrote: »

Typically, i would use a squad that involved Tronus, Gs prime, jazz, and wheeljack, which i also have gs megs, galva, shock, and jetfire. I might decide to rank up the 5 star beasts that i have. So, do i rank him up, or do i wait until i make a beast squad (No primal or scorp.)

With who you have, he's your quality brawler either way. I don't think you necessarily need to wait. I'd just make sure you want him over Primal, because it will be hard and a long time to get resources for both.

Yeah, but i haven't really mastered tantrum. I could replace him with mv1 prime and win more fights because he is easier for me to use, but since tantrum is a great brawler, i am going to try to play with him well. Any tips on how to play tantrum?
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    edited October 2019
    He's the best brawler. But be ready for a whole new experience. Work well for him and he will work well for you. Best damage by far of any brawler.

When playing him dont be cocky make sure what you're doing and in time you'll master his style and it will be so rewarding. Now that I've mastered Tantrum he is such an asset to my team and plows through all content with ease.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited October 2019

With who you have, he's your quality brawler either way. I don't think you necessarily need to wait. I'd just make sure you want him over Primal, because it will be hard and a long time to get resources for both.

Yeah, but i haven't really mastered tantrum. I could replace him with mv1 prime and win more fights because he is easier for me to use, but since tantrum is a great brawler, i am going to try to play with him well. Any tips on how to play tantrum?

Tips away.....

First off, don’t forget that those melee buffs are just a bonus. It’s something a lot of players forget when it comes to tantrum. You can play him like literally any other bot, and he’ll do fine. He in no way needs to get to 10 melee buffs to be effective. He does better than most with 3-5 alone.

However, with that in mind, your gonna want to alter your playstyle a tad to get the most out of him. When you finish a combo, throw a heavy as your last hit. That way he lands just inside dashing range, giving you the chance to dash in again for more melee love. Or, if your in a corner, block and go unstoppable and smash your way out of it.

Since he’s duped, be sure to take advantage of that purify. Keep piling those melee buffs in when you can SAFELY do so. If your need to purify is urgent, go unstoppable and dash/heavy away. You might need to swallow some damage but it’s better than taking unnecessary dot damage.

Synergies aren’t all that important unless your running a beast squad. He does perfectly fine on his own.

Always play for that sp3 as well. His other specials are meh in comparison. Crank up what melee buffs you can before you sp3 and he’s savage with the damage output. Wouldn’t rely on his sp1 to burn through physical resist mods though so keep that in mind when throwing him in.

Last but not least, have fun with him. He’s meant to be a wrecking ball of a bot. Play him as such and he’ll do wonders. But as mentioned earlier, don’t hesitate to play him like any other bot if need be. Dashing back and losing the buffs is always preferable to eating an unnecessary combo. They’re easy enough to build back up. Using the heavy trick to get back to dashing distance means your opponent is gonna have to move, or eat a heavy. They move, you dash. And make use of that unstoppable if you need/want to. Blocking throws many players off but he’s well armoured to take a few potshots from range while you get started with unstoppable’s. And if unstoppable isn’t an option, say against an unblockable basic ranged mod, play him normal and take the melee buffs as extra cheddar on top. He’s not exactly pillow fisted to begin with. 3-5 melee buffs is more than achievable on a very consistent basis without taking any damage. Playing for that sp3 constantly will keep you topped up on buffs, plus the unstoppable it gives lets you quickly dash back and reposition yourself at a distance.

Hope that helped. I used him fairly extensively (and successfully for that matter) before I forged him. Great standalone bot you can put in any team and a total blast to use. You won’t regret investing in him.

Would he be any good against ROK bonecrusher? He does a lot of damage, but he crits, and may bleed quite a bit before purifiying. Been figuring i may have a go at it soon, so i would need a good brawler. It is ultimately either mv1 or tantrum for rok.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897

Tips away.....

First off, don’t forget that those melee buffs are just a bonus. It’s something a lot of players forget when it comes to tantrum. You can play him like literally any other bot, and he’ll do fine. He in no way needs to get to 10 melee buffs to be effective. He does better than most with 3-5 alone.

However, with that in mind, your gonna want to alter your playstyle a tad to get the most out of him. When you finish a combo, throw a heavy as your last hit. That way he lands just inside dashing range, giving you the chance to dash in again for more melee love. Or, if your in a corner, block and go unstoppable and smash your way out of it.

Since he’s duped, be sure to take advantage of that purify. Keep piling those melee buffs in when you can SAFELY do so. If your need to purify is urgent, go unstoppable and dash/heavy away. You might need to swallow some damage but it’s better than taking unnecessary dot damage.

Synergies aren’t all that important unless your running a beast squad. He does perfectly fine on his own.

Always play for that sp3 as well. His other specials are meh in comparison. Crank up what melee buffs you can before you sp3 and he’s savage with the damage output. Wouldn’t rely on his sp1 to burn through physical resist mods though so keep that in mind when throwing him in.

Last but not least, have fun with him. He’s meant to be a wrecking ball of a bot. Play him as such and he’ll do wonders. But as mentioned earlier, don’t hesitate to play him like any other bot if need be. Dashing back and losing the buffs is always preferable to eating an unnecessary combo. They’re easy enough to build back up. Using the heavy trick to get back to dashing distance means your opponent is gonna have to move, or eat a heavy. They move, you dash. And make use of that unstoppable if you need/want to. Blocking throws many players off but he’s well armoured to take a few potshots from range while you get started with unstoppable’s. And if unstoppable isn’t an option, say against an unblockable basic ranged mod, play him normal and take the melee buffs as extra cheddar on top. He’s not exactly pillow fisted to begin with. 3-5 melee buffs is more than achievable on a very consistent basis without taking any damage. Playing for that sp3 constantly will keep you topped up on buffs, plus the unstoppable it gives lets you quickly dash back and reposition yourself at a distance.

Hope that helped. I used him fairly extensively (and successfully for that matter) before I forged him. Great standalone bot you can put in any team and a total blast to use. You won’t regret investing in him.

Would he be any good against ROK bonecrusher? He does a lot of damage, but he crits, and may bleed quite a bit before purifiying. Been figuring i may have a go at it soon, so i would need a good brawler. It is ultimately either mv1 or tantrum for rok.

At R4 yes. Just make sure once you get to 10 stacks you use sp3 then Lose the stacks so you can cycle through frenzy again. Either that or keep the 10 stacks and keep spamming sp3.
  • YES, rank up that Tantrum.

Tips away.....

Pretty much what kitten said. He just needs a guarantee of having enough health to see him through the bleeds while you purify and should be fine. A few stack-heavy sp3’s later and BC should fall fairly quickly

Tips away.....

Pretty much what kitten said. He just needs a guarantee of having enough health to see him through the bleeds while you purify and should be fine. A few stack-heavy sp3’s later and BC should fall fairly quickly

Huh, so tantrum it is then. Are there any masteries that work well with tantrum?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited October 2019

Tips away.....

Huh, so tantrum it is then. Are there any masteries that work well with tantrum?

1 point in health to increase his base hp by 1% to help take more hits. Spend the rest on Offensives
  • YES, rank up that Tantrum.

Tips away.....

If your unsure about BC’s bleeds, take bleed resistance. Handy one to have available if you know a BC is waiting. Aside from that, usual stuff. Anything that increases attack, although I wouldn’t take double edge for the sake of your other bots.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited October 2019
    dmst0u31aa5l.png
    I decided to rank him to 4. Should be rather interesting.