Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

OnePlus 7 Pro 12gt ram

TFFTF just uses 1.5gt of my 12gt ram is this an issue and should it be able to use more ram?

Comments

• Beastdad wrote: »
    Is the frame rate choppy? Issues with lag?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Not as much as on my 6T the frames on my 6T is worse than my 3T. Also on 7 pro when you switch for another app and come back to TFFTF the frames get really choppy, this happens also after watching a advertisement.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited October 2019
    Nothing to do with RAM (well, not primarily).
    F2F manages just fine on 2GB (moto e5 plus UK SD430, moto c plus RoW MT6737).

It's cache management and GPU. Snapdragons are shockingly bad at multitasking, despite the hype and glowing reviews, @blackgod69
    ADRENO. Sigh.
    Use a game tuner that kills BG processes.

When this game exceeds allocation, it flickers and CRASHES.

Followed by "Unknown Error" or "Transformers has stopped".

EDIT: I've had crashes on SD430, 617, 625, 626, 630, 632, 636, 675, 710, 835, 845, 855 with RAM from 3-12GB.

But never, NEVER on cruddy MediaTek MT6737, 6580, 6755 (P15), P22, P60, X25.
    blackgod69 wrote: »
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Is the frame rate choppy? Issues with lag?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Not as much as on my 6T the frames on my 6T is worse than my 3T. Also on 7 pro when you switch for another app and come back to TFFTF the frames get really choppy, this happens also after watching a advertisement.

Then as stated above it is more likely your GPU that is causing the issue. If it is running exceedingly warm, you can bet something in the background is killing it. For guys that use some of those less apt multi tasking phones, you need to make sure all background processes are killed prior to playing the game, and you will probably need to do more frequent app restarts to keep things running smooth.

TFTF should only require around 1-2 GB of ram to run properly, as long as something else is not bogging down the resources.

Im using Fnatic mode and the phone never gets any warm, not even when im playing while charging it. Its always under body temp or 40ish celcius
  • Larry1337Larry1337 Posts: 45
    edited October 2019
    I dont run anything in the backround maybe whatsupp or something else OnePlus removed the setting to enable deep clear
    I would sincerely bet something is being a resource hog, you need to determine what it is and close it out.

I fixed the choppy screen after watching a ad, in developer options > background processes > no background processes
  • turning off those background processes sounds risky...are there other dev options that help the game? I'm currently playing on a moto x4 and the game does ok but it reliably freezes for a few seconds during fights to catch up with frames...
  • Update, i factory resetted my 1+7 pro and i am getting choppy frames again after an ad
  • I should post on OnePlus community.
    I had green frames on my OnePlus 5 ages ago, it was fixed by the next OxygenOS release.

(Point is : it's not always on kabam. Not sure many people are on OxygenOS 10 / android 10 like you are, aren't you?)
  • I should post on OnePlus community.
    I had green frames on my OnePlus 5 ages ago, it was fixed by the next OxygenOS release.

(Point is : it's not always on kabam. Not sure many people are on OxygenOS 10 / android 10 like you are, aren't you?)

Yes im on OxygenOS 10, also i have been getting blurry screen ingame lately