Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

3D style fighting rant

I have a 300k+ rating account for your MCoC game. That game is tough, but this is much much harder. I know donzens of us from the MCoC community tried this game out. I think I'm the only one left still playing. This game is very hard to get into it. Huge transformers fan here. Should have started game with only OG characters first then moved to movies. Oh well.... Graphics are great. Story is great. Concept is great. I think biggest issue for me is i just CANNOT fight in 3D. This 3D arena just screws me up. Can i even dodge moving down? Or only up? I can't even tell. I Always get stuck at the top of the screen/arena. And when the AI sets off a special, i dodge the first hit moving up and still get tagged with second hit and/or more hits. In a 360 environment the bots should NOT be able to correct a straight path. See how long ranged attacks keep going straight after you dodge up? Bot should act the same way when setting off a special. But they automatically turn to continue special. Just saying, if you step out of a straight path, you should NOT get hit. Bots/opponents should just keep going straight. And why can't we dodge backwards? That's my rant. This should be passed along to the game team.

Comments

• ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Well remember back in the day on MCOC when you had a hard time evading specials. It's the same here, takes a while to get used to.

The whole fight pattern is completly different then MCOC, the kind of look similiar but under the hood they are really different games.

As for you questions:
    - Ranged attacks can generally be doged be moving up or down. But your timing has to be right, otherwise the opponent will move his attacks with you. Basically you have to move up/down AFTER he has fired the shot
    - Of course you will have to move more then once for ranged attacks with multiple shots, i.e. Iron Hides S2 if they are not a burst of fire like Arcees S1 (that can be avoided with a single sidestep)
    - Sometimes ranged attacks that aim for the ground can also be avoided by stepping back, like Arcees & Soundwaves S1
    - Knowledge of you current position in the arena and moving around to get a good position before attacking is a key element in this game. If you find yourself pinned you need to get better at it.
    - A lot of meelee attack on the other hand can NOT be avoided by stepping up/down you have to step back for those (i.e. Optimus Primes Heavy) because they come in a large swipe

Also: Of course your opponent can adjust his position with every shot he takes, why shouldn't he? After the projectile is fired it travels in a straight line but if I fire three times I can follow you with the "gun" every time.

I think they have done an exceptional good job in designing the fights in this game. This is a mobile title but the fighting is REALLY complex, way more complex then in MCOC (and that's already considered one of the best mobile fighters).

I'm not a fan in telling people "git good", but in this case you have to give it some time. You know it's a good thing that you can't be a pro in this game in a few days. Otherwise it would be boring.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    P.S.: I more focused on the raid guide currently because with the alphas this is now one of the most important parts of the game. But when I find time I'll make a board with fighting tips, too.
  • NeoNeo Posts: 21
    That's why i quit Mcoc , This is way more fun.
  • There does come a point when you make a game too difficult that you loose interest in trying. I can tell how popular this game is by comparing things like how fast global chat is moving, how many downlods, what place a low level alliance gets and so on. I know dozens on players from MCoC trying this game and quitting. Not too mention in activity on social media and chat groups. Game isn't getting people hooked cause of difficulty i think is the issue.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    At least half the community has mcoc background, what are you talking about? I think you just got too used to Parry MLLLM parry MLLLM special.

This game is harder. That's what makes it good. It isn't the same old boring fighting with transformers skins.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Watch some of iNightSkies gameplay videos. I can often get through a fight against a bot with 50% higher rating without getting more than 1-2 times. It takes practice. Equally rated bots aren't too hard to get through without taking any damage at all

Just watch some gameplay and practice

And pay attention to how each bot moves. You need to be familiar with their attacks if you're gonna evade effectively. Especially special attacks and signature abilities
  • No **** tekkn1kal. This game is much harder. And hard games are not fun at all. They get frustating and become more of a chore then fun. This game won't last long. Just not enough transformers fans. Just watched the new movie at an advanced screening and there were only about 10 people there HAHAHA. I'll still play until game gets cancelled but i will keep my money at MCoC. Time i invested in MCoC was too much. Day 1 vet, almost 5k prestiege. Still log on everyday. Marvel game was frustrating enough. This game is no different except fighting styles.
  • NeoNeo Posts: 21
    I came from Marvel and it's not a big deal...There plenty of games on Ps/Xbox/Nintendo with the same fighting style (360°) like Tekken , Street Figthers ,etc etc etc. It's all about practice
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    No **** tekkn1kal. This game is much harder. And hard games are not fun at all. They get frustating and become more of a chore then fun. This game won't last long. Just not enough transformers fans. Just watched the new movie at an advanced screening and there were only about 10 people there HAHAHA. I'll still play until game gets cancelled but i will keep my money at MCoC. Time i invested in MCoC was too much. Day 1 vet, almost 5k prestiege. Still log on everyday. Marvel game was frustrating enough. This game is no different except fighting styles.

I'm not a transformers fan. Actually I'm a Marvel fan... but I left that game because it is boring as hell at this point. If you are stuck in Marvel because you feel too invested but you'd otherwise leave, I think that says it all.