Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is Harm Accelorator Overpowered?

Having done a lot of raids, one mod I hate to see is harm accelerator. What I hate about it is unavoidable damage. You take direct damage over time and even if the opponent's specials miss or are blocked, it still increases the damage you take. I've lost fights where the opponent did not even touch me, just spammed the L1 special til the damage over time made me drop dead.
Having seen how it works against me when I attack others, I put a 3/30 (3*, no signature ability) soundwave on a maxed 2* harm accelerator for my base defense team. The difference was obvious in less than a day. I went from never stopping a raid to stopping 1 out of every 6 raids, and the only thing I did differently was putting a reasonably beefy bot with an easily triggered energy gain on harm accelerator mod.
Based on my experience raiding and seeing how huge a difference it makes in my own defense, I feel the mod is overpowered. What I would suggest, to put it back on par with other mods, is the damage over time increases only if the special attack hits you and is not blocked. That would make it more fair while still keeping it roughly as good as the other mods players can equip.

Comments

• NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    edited June 2017
    I find no trouble getting past a Harm Accelerator Mod with OP MV1 or IronHide.

There are some other mods out there trickier with the right bot on them ;) Keep experimenting!
  • Yes, I've seen other annoying combos. Robot resource on ironhide can be really nasty. Nightbird mark on wasp is another mean combo. Grindor with exo filter is deadly, especially if grindor has signature ability.
    I have to say that the harm accelerator is the only one that feels unfair. There is just something about dying when your opponent never even touched you that just isn't right.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    HA isn't bad if you have MV1.

If you don't it's stupidly broken, horrible game design. If they got rid of the stacking on special attacks it would be more reasonable.

As has been said many times, having a mod only one bot can counter is just dumb.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2017
    Nightchris wrote: »

There are some other mods out there trickier with the right bot on them ;) Keep experimenting!

That's when you overpower your opponent. If you have a 700 MVOP against a 700 Grindor&HA, you often end up with half of your lifebar beating him, and that's not a win when the next major node has a 800 BC&HA.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758

^this..

please give all players MV1 for cheaps if you don't plan to nerf Harm Accelerators..!!
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I don't have a MV1 just Iron Hide and I don't think that HA is overpowered. Sure at the moment every base at least one, often two of them. My failure rate is still around 1% for a 6k base (6k = 3/30 bot on every node).

I think there are combinations that are way more brutal than HA. At least for HA there even exists a counter. Ever run across a node 7 with a Mark of the Nightbird with a high dupe level? Instantly kills of ever bot below 15% health.

If the base is build to chip of the health of your bots until you reach the end this will rip you apart. Also as soon as the first bleed immune champ is released (and you know this will happen) HA is dead.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Zapper wrote: »
    Ever run across a node 7 with a Mark of the Nightbird with a high dupe level? Instantly kills of ever bot below 15% health.
    You mean if the 3 of your raid squad are below 15% health, they'll be killed one by one just as the game starts? And this triggers 100%?

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2017
    Ever run across a node 7 with a Mark of the Nightbird with a high dupe level? Instantly kills of ever bot below 15% health.
    You mean if the 3 of your raid squad are below 15% health, they'll be killed one by one just as the game starts? And this triggers 100%?

Pretty sure this is exactly how nightbirds cull is supposed to work.. Its amibiguous whether or not you actually need to land a hit with your bot.. just says it's a passive ability that will instakill. That's smart placement by the base defender:

tbguovbprstv.png
  • NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    edited June 2017

That's when you overpower your opponent. If you have a 700 MVOP against a 700 Grindor&HA, you often end up with half of your lifebar beating him, and that's not a win when the next major node has a 800 BC&HA.

Its not fair either when there are nodes called "thorns" in the marvel game that do the exact same thing. Its part of the game and thats why you have two more bots for the other nodes :)
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    Everyone says MV1 OP for raid. I take my CW OP raiding and do just fine against Harm Accelerator.

Grindor or Ultra Magnus + HA: CW Prime wrecks them both before taking too much dmg.

Bonecrusher + HA: Motormaster, Grindor or MV1 Prime easily counters, take your pick.

Anything else + HA: Trivial and goes splat.

Totally agree tho that specials should at least have to connect before upping that bleed count. It can get rough and almost unwinnable at 3+ stacks.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186

Yes from what I understand this is how it works. Last time I ran into this a bot was K.O the second he fell under the 15% mark. Never went into a fight with a 15% bot (since I know about that) but I guess if you do you are just instantly K.Oed.

My alliance boss has a setup like this, wears the enemy down, MOTNB on node 7 with high dupe level. Works really good.