Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Rhinox Balance Changes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Do the bleeds deal more damage or just last longer?
  • Options

The bleeds will last longer which in a way allows Rhinox to deal more damage over time than before the update.
  • Options

The bleeds will last longer which in a way allows Rhinox to deal more damage over time than before the update.

This doesn't really answer my question

So think of it this way

Original damage was say...500 for example...does it deal 600? (For example)
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Longer means 'same bleed per tick but with longer duration'. So all in all it deals more damage.
  • Options
    Longer means 'same bleed per tick but with longer duration'. So all in all it deals more damage.

Thanks
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Awww yeahh finally something is done towards Rhinox Heavy attack !!! Awesome vydious
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506

Logically you'd think of interpreting it as "the bleed over all does less damage as it takes longer to do so".
    That's all that was done, no extra damage the bleed does less DoT because it's duration was increased, not the attack rating %-age over time.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

Logically you'd think of interpreting it as "the bleed over all does less damage as it takes longer to do so".
    That's all that was done, no extra damage the bleed does less DoT because it's duration was increased, not the attack rating %-age over time.

Dude what? 😐
    Lets not argue and all agree that Killmaster is right, Please.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Less DoT? Huh? Duration means lasts longer. I’m genuinely curious what I’m missing here?
  • Options
    Well the question is does the bleed do the same total point damage per bleed more slowly or does it still do the same amount of damage per second as before but for a longer period?

Mods?
  • Options
    ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited December 2019
    I think it's longer but does the same amount of damage.

Why would that be implemented if there is no change in damage? Probably so the player can have a bigger window of time to dish out Melee Attacks, as Rhinox gets a +20% Melee boost against Bleeding Opponents.

At least, that's what I'm speculating...
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    The duration of his Bleeds was increased, so same attack rating for a longer time. As a consequence higher total damage.

I hope/imagine they would have told us if they were going to simultaneously weaken the attack rating of his Bleeds.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    IMO, @JIMMY_SAB and @ScarredArachnid333 may be correct.

Rhinox deals the same damage, but OVER AN EXTENDED PERIOD.
    This helps, giving a larger window of attack, especially versus WJ or Grindor, for example.
    But not so great against PURIFICATION, as as I've observed, Grimlock or bots on certain purify mods now almost take no damage.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited December 2019
    Okay I may be wrong. I had the deep wound mastery in mind which may not apply to Rhinox, as the damage is stated in the special's description.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Less DoT? Huh? Duration means lasts longer. I’m genuinely curious what I’m missing here?

Basically for example;

100% attack over 10 seconds (attack-1000)
    Or
    100% attack over 12 seconds (attack-1000)

The first one is showing that the damage over time will tick same as normal, so 100 dps in this case.

However the second one shows the same attack rating but the duration is increased by 2 seconds, now it'll take 2 extra seconds to do the full 1000 damage.
    When you do the math that's 83.3 damage per second over the 100dps, it's still doing the same damage altogether but as it takes longer to do so, the damage per second has to be reduced to make up for it.

So in the case of Rhinox, his special 2 bleed damage is still doing the same total damage with the bleeds but the dps is slightly reduced in order for it to last longer. In order for the DPS to increase, the attack rating will have to increase and that's not been mentioned in the changes.

But that's just what I think... @Kabam Vydious , care to confirm?
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Basically for example;

Or

The first one is showing that the damage over time will tick same as normal, so 100 dps in this case.

However the second one shows the same attack rating but the duration is increased by 2 seconds, now it'll take 2 extra seconds to do the full 1000 damage.
    When you do the math that's 83.3 damage per second over the 100dps, it's still doing the same damage altogether but as it takes longer to do so, the damage per second has to be reduced to make up for it.

So in the case of Rhinox, his special 2 bleed damage is still doing the same total damage with the bleeds but the dps is slightly reduced in order for it to last longer. In order for the DPS to increase, the attack rating will have to increase and that's not been mentioned in the changes.

I see what you mean now. If this is true, it feels really useless then. Odd change IMO if so.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    It isn’t. Same case for Drift’s sig ability, the DPS is the same while both the duration and the total damage output is increased.
    The wordings “X% damage over Y seconds” make it harder for people to understand
  • Options
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    It isn’t. Same case for Drift’s sig ability, the DPS is the same while both the duration and the total damage output is increased.
    The wordings “X% damage over Y seconds” make it harder for people to understand

Well like I said, that's how I interpreted it, up to Vydious or Miike to confirm
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited December 2019

Basically for example;

Or

As I understand it the attack refers to the strength per tick of bleed, those red numbers. So increased duration with same attack means same numbers over a longer period of time and therefore more damage.