Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cheets is broken.

Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
edited December 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Please restore cheets to his former glory by honoring his abilities. For some reason, in AM, he can be power drained by both projectile and melee attacks on 1.3 and 2.3. He should not be able to be power drained under any circumstances. Also, another possibly related issue is that cheets can take damage by cyclonus' energy pulse during feral strike. If this is normal, please explain how this is allowed to occur.

Comments

• You cheating?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Feral Strike doesn't mean invincible. So Dark Field can deal damage.
  • Feral Strike doesn't mean invincible. So Dark Field can deal damage.

Why is dark field activating in the first place?
    jitmgf0d1tvf.jpg
  • Cheetor doesn't trigger Cyclonus' dark field though.... he activates it himself when he gains Dark Energy... or am I talking absolute turd?
  • difficult one to say for sure. It looks to me like it should do so. Although it depends how far you wanna chase the rabbit down the hole. I can’t imagine (having never tested to see) that it would stop, say, tronus switching relics. I’m open to correction on that one if so.

But I side with the OP here, it should prevent any ability. I’d even include tronus relics in that.

@Bi1b0Baggins did he not get power drained before, maybe something to do with the mod? I’m only guessing, but there’s an explanation somewhere I hope
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    difficult one to say for sure. It looks to me like it should do so. Although it depends how far you wanna chase the rabbit down the hole. I can’t imagine (having never tested to see) that it would stop, say, tronus switching relics. I’m open to correction on that one if so.

But I side with the OP here, it should prevent any ability. I’d even include tronus relics in that.

@Bi1b0Baggins did he not get power drained before, maybe something to do with the mod? I’m only guessing, but there’s an explanation somewhere I hope

1.3 and 2.3 have melee power burn and range power burn mods, respectively.

Powl's sp1 power burn doesn't work on Cheetor so if the mods are power burn, OP does have an argument.
  • difficult one to say for sure. It looks to me like it should do so. Although it depends how far you wanna chase the rabbit down the hole. I can’t imagine (having never tested to see) that it would stop, say, tronus switching relics. I’m open to correction on that one if so.

He used to be immune from drains of both bot abilities and mods. Now he is only immune to bot ability drains.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    It's working as intended :D

Seriously though, maybe it was broken before and now it's working just like his ability description. It does say "enemy abilities that drain power".
  • I can't answer about the power burn. Maybe it's the difference between a drain over time vs. an instant reduction, similar to how Grimlock can't mitigate Dark Burn? But Feral Strike shouldn't be preventing Cyclonus's Dark Field. Nor should it prevent Megatronus switching relics, or any other similar abilities.

Feral Strike only prevents opponents from activating abilities that are triggered by being hit. So it should prevent Grindor from activating armor buffs, or Wheeljack from activating his shields. Abilities that are explicitly activated by getting hit.

Cyclonus's Dark Field isn't activated by being hit. It's activated by gaining a bar of power. The power that completes a bar might come from getting hit, but it's still the power that triggers the ability. Same goes for Soundwave activating his Sonic Shield, or anything else of that nature.
  • Zettatron wrote: »
    I can't answer about the power burn. Maybe it's the difference between a drain over time vs. an instant reduction, similar to how Grimlock can't mitigate Dark Burn? But Feral Strike shouldn't be preventing Cyclonus's Dark Field. Nor should it prevent Megatronus switching relics, or any other similar abilities.

Feral Strike only prevents opponents from activating abilities that are triggered by being hit. So it should prevent Grindor from activating armor buffs, or Wheeljack from activating his shields. Abilities that are explicitly activated by getting hit.

Cyclonus's Dark Field isn't activated by being hit. It's activated by gaining a bar of power. The power that completes a bar might come from getting hit, but it's still the power that triggers the ability. Same goes for Soundwave activating his Sonic Shield, or anything else of that nature.

I hear what you're saying, but, I can think of another instance where cheets avoids damage from a bot sig that activates during feral strike. Rhinox. I can go HAM while nox's shields are up and not receive shocks.
  • Looks like a combo of @JKL and @Voltron answers. Maybe it’s something that did get fixed and is now working as intended, because the wording ‘enemy abilities’ might not apply to mods. Having not used cheetor extensively I can’t say. Again a guess.
    Feral Strike doesn't mean invincible. So Dark Field can deal damage.

Why is dark field activating in the first place?
    jitmgf0d1tvf.jpg

Because... It's not Cheetor's ability, it's the ability of the powerbar :D
  • Looks like a combo of @JKL and @Voltron answers. Maybe it’s something that did get fixed and is now working as intended, because the wording ‘enemy abilities’ might not apply to mods. Having not used cheetor extensively I can’t say. Again a guess.

Possible. But, that would imply that mods ignore Transmetal, which would be a little weird. Are there other mods which ignore bot abilities or characteristics? There are synergies which prevent debuff purification, but no mods that I can think of.
    Looks like a combo of @JKL and @Voltron answers. Maybe it’s something that did get fixed and is now working as intended, because the wording ‘enemy abilities’ might not apply to mods. Having not used cheetor extensively I can’t say. Again a guess.

Possible. But, that would imply that mods ignore Transmetal, which would be a little weird. Are there other mods which ignore bot abilities or characteristics? There are synergies which prevent debuff purification, but no mods that I can think of.

"enemy abilities" might be the key word here. It's not ignoring Transmetal, it just doesn't apply because mod enhancement are not part of the innate ability. I think the only other bot that has some type of negating ability is Tronus' sig - relic of obedience. If Tronus get power burned, then it is what it is. #kabamphysics.

And speaking of Tronus - sorry for the tangent. I get how Cheetor sig ability doesn't prevent Cycnlous' dark field because his attack doesn't trigger it, the power bar does BUT shouldn't Tronus' relic of obedience work? Tronus sig ability is not based on his attack..it just plain and simple no activating but the dark field does.
  • So, any mods care to "take this one to the team?" I'm dying to know if cheets should ever experience being power drained.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    As broken and odd as it sounds, I think this is bot specific. Since Cheetor was released, I experienced fights where you couldn’t drain his Power and in other fights you could no matter the game mode or mod.

I doubt it’s intentional but can see how this might be difficult to fix.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    As broken and odd as it sounds, I think this is bot specific. Since Cheetor was released, I experienced fights where you couldn’t drain his Power and in other fights you could no matter the game mode or mod.

I assume you were using Shocky? I wonder if there's a difference between power burn and power leak.
    Or don't get hit. Problem solved.
    Voltron wrote: »

I assume you were using Shocky? I wonder if there's a difference between power burn and power leak.

Yes, Shocky is one of the bots who can “reduce/lower” his Power gain. I do think there are differences between Power Burn, Leak, Drain, & Steal and specific to Cheeto it seems to be related to bots who do more than one type across different abilities.

For example, Shocky has Power Leak as a passive ability but applies Drain with shock charges (Basic Ranged, Heavy, SP1, & SP3). The passive Power Leak (ability) doesn’t work on Cheetor but his Drains named above sure do (maybe because these are based on attacks + abilities)?

Now take Kickback who only does Power Leak across all his abilities. Nothing KB does reduces/lowers Cheetos Power Gain/Rate. Same for Prowl. His SP1 will NOY Power Burn vs Cheeto (at least not while his Feral Strike is active).

All this to say it’s not consistent between bots vs Cheetor. Sadly, finding a good test fight vs Cheetor is difficult to do. I seem to stumble across him more often in raids than anything else.
    Can anyone confirm if Rhinox’ Heavy Power Locks Cheeto?
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2019
    Can anyone confirm if Rhinox’ Heavy Power Locks Cheeto?

@JIMMY_SAB in RAIDS, and Spotlight Missions, it sure does
    Voltron wrote: »

Yes, Shocky is one of the bots who can “reduce/lower” his Power gain. I do think there are differences between Power Burn, Leak, Drain, & Steal and specific to Cheeto it seems to be related to bots who do more than one type across different abilities.

For example, Shocky has Power Leak as a passive ability but applies Drain with shock charges (Basic Ranged, Heavy, SP1, & SP3). The passive Power Leak (ability) doesn’t work on Cheetor but his Drains named above sure do (maybe because these are based on attacks + abilities)?

Now take Kickback who only does Power Leak across all his abilities. Nothing KB does reduces/lowers Cheetos Power Gain/Rate. Same for Prowl. His SP1 will NOY Power Burn vs Cheeto (at least not while his Feral Strike is active).

All this to say it’s not consistent between bots vs Cheetor. Sadly, finding a good test fight vs Cheetor is difficult to do. I seem to stumble across him more often in raids than anything else.

hmm... staying consistent with the dark field thought.. Shock's power leak is a result of shock DOT not a direct attack, whereas Prowl and KB are a direct result...so maybe that's why Shock's power leak works. Dunno, I still consider all of them part of an "enemie's ability". #kabamphysics.
  • Please restore cheets to his former glory by honoring his abilities. For some reason, in AM, he can be power drained by both projectile and melee attacks on 1.3 and 2.3. He should not be able to be power drained under any circumstances. Also, another possibly related issue is that cheets can take damage by cyclonus' energy pulse during feral strike. If this is normal, please explain how this is allowed to occur.

Update for this: I paid close attention this past weekend playing against Cheetor in Arena fights, and I successfully Power Locked him with Rhinox's heavy and Scout Bumblebee's Special 2.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited December 2019
    He can be power locked, but he should not ever lose power that he already has. Nox's heavy normally drains power in addition to locking. Did you get the drain?
  • Okay, maybe I just misunderstood his abilities then. I did NOT notice if there was any power drain this time. And honestly, I never looked closely before when fighting him, I just tried to avoid power control bots. I thought he was immune to ALL power control methods (lock, drain, and leak). I will say that I could have sworn I previously tried power locking him before and it didn't work, that's why this time it stood out in my mind.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2019
    @Bi1b0Baggins @Sydney2
    Rhinox's heavy power locks (without drain)
    However, a subsequent successful power lock both locks AND drains¹.
    This is for raids (Cheetor on RR/NBM/SC1000)

¹ roughly 20-25% off a bar
  • I'll talk to the team about this to get some clarity on the situation.