Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

BANTER Skills & Knowledge

Hey veterans and intermediates.

Let's lighten the atmosphere by posting our instances of laughable skill, technique and F2F knowledge, for laughs.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Today (day 600) i learned that you can ask for help/cool down by CLICKING TOP LEFT of bot profile Avatar.

The whole time I've been clicking, than selecting ask for help (and occasionally press recharge when sloshed on a Friday night. Buhbye 30 energon)

Comments

• MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    for a long time i thought prowl's sig gave him +dmg instead of +power, and he was one of my top bot for ages
  • I love the way how Wheeljack falls down so comically when his ranged shot of SP2, hits my Soundwave’s Sonic Shield, and reflects back onto him.. LMAO! :lol:
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    One of the the tricks i learned with cyclonus is using his dark field damage multiple times once you activate it, hence deal more "red" damage to enemy and unsettling their posture
    > Go on about your basic combo , when you have the field activated cyclonus would deal dark burn at the last hit of the combo, after that do medium melee attacks to deal dark burns more often, just keep swiping , the attack doesn't need to make contact with the bot , it'll will deal red damage anyway.
    It's a bit risky cus you can then be caught off-guard but you have a nano second to dash back and dodge after medium attack, this way you can nullify more buffs because the duration of the dark field is very short.
    I'll post a video if i ever log in 😅
  • @Slayer I recently used my T4B Spark to rank up Cyclonus to R3. I for one, feel that he’s one of the best bots in melee combat, if not the best. His control and skill of combat is next to none. Everyone say, OG Prime has an insane damage output and G1 Megatron has an amazing untility. I agree, but underrating Cyclonus is wrong on so many levels. His Dark Field Nullifies, penetrates Force Shield, and the more signature he has, the damage is amplified and deals mad damage.

What’s your take on the Hand Of Chaos Trioka - Megatronus, Cyclonus and Galvatron? Worth it?
  • VanjieVanjie Posts: 82
    I had no idea how Shockwaves shocks worked for the longest time because I never checked abilities and would always get frustrated when mine never dealt any shocks but then went up against him and took a bunch of shock damage
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Vanjie wrote: »
    I had no idea how Shockwaves shocks worked for the longest time because I never checked abilities and would always get frustrated when mine never dealt any shocks but then went up against him and took a bunch of shock damage

AM Shocky can be deadly when he lands his Ranged shocks. He will drain you dead no problem. His AI and fight patterns are weak so he isn’t considered a tough boss but those shocks are deadly nonetheless.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Me:
    R5 Megatronus RR - hahahah perfect win
    R5 Nanojack HA - hold my beer, be back soon
    R5 Shockwave Repair - Gimme a sec!
    R5 Jetfire SR - Ooh, fun, I'll be back
    R5 Cheetor NBM - hehehehe
    R5 Bonecrusher HA - why bother hahahahhahah

R5 Sideswipe SR - WHY GOD WHY ME?

PS - I'm still crap versus Dinobot on SR!
    edited January 2020
    Yeah that synergy is good, it enhances Galvatron because his specials are devastating and that synergy makes it more...

I personally love cyclonus because of his nullifying of buff, for me he is better than Og prime but Og Megatron still rules !
    @Vinod_7991
  • Slayer wrote: »
    Yeah that synergy is good, it enhances Galvatron because his specials are devastating and that synergy makes it more...

I personally love cyclonus because of his nullifying of buff, for me he is better than Og prime but Og Megatron still rules !
    @Vinod_7991

I love playing with Cyclonus. If he gets going, he won’t leave you until he is finished destroying you. I’ll let G1 Megs play second fiddle in my Tact’s. Cyclonus is too good a bot to displace from my team. @Slayer
    edited January 2020
    @Slayer @Vinod_7991 no one cares about prowess or exploits

This is a thread about MOCKING ONESELF, a lighthearted look at your own shortcomings

Hence, you know, the TITLE and description
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Slayer @Vinod_7991 no one cares about prowess or exploits

This is a thread about MOCKING ONESELF, a lighthearted look at your own shortcomings

Hence, you know, the TITLE and description

When I first started, I honestly thought I was playing against the player in the Arenas.
  • I complained about a bug where I couldn’t use prowl’s S1 to drain Cheetor’s power. This was only about 2 months ago. I’d been playing for at least a year.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Edwardo76 wrote: »
    I complained about a bug where I couldn’t use prowl’s S1 to drain Cheetor’s power. This was only about 2 months ago. I’d been playing for at least a year.

sz9qbh79y071.gif
    My progress was stunted due to ME
    vehemently insisting you only needed 4* bots to win at F2F, due to winning RoK exclusively with 4*s.
    Then i attempted RotK.

4 months later: 7x 4* left (to guard the base)
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    You should use your 5* for base. They generate more gold.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    You should use your 5* for base. They generate more gold.

That's part of the joke. Lol.
    Up till around six months ago, i was rather pensive to take on a class-disadvantage boss.

• Sydney2Sydney2 Posts: 68
    Away missions gives choice of 5* shards and Ore Crystals.

Me: I'll just do the Ore Crystals first, then log in again in 10 mins to start the 5* shards mission. It won't be like the last time when I forgot and missed the 5* shards....

Me 2 hours later: Oh for £#*&$ sake!

Repeat x infinity

I set an alarm on my phone to go back for the 5* missions.......SOMETIMES that saves me.......lol
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I learned that no matter how many times Kabam says no new bots, people will still ask for new bots.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I learned that no matter how many times Kabam says no new bots, people will still ask for new bots.

lol.. at this point, there should be a sticky post "NO NEW BOTS - Stop asking"
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    What if we asked for NIEUX BOTS? Maybe that's more relatable to our Canadian overlords.
  • I still can't avoid Prowl's SP2......
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    I found a way to make jetfire's damage control to go offline
    you hit him with hot rod's deceleration and it goes offline
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    I stayed too long away from a Top 200 alliance. After seeing my 1st AMs at 3.20+ this past weekend, I realized how big of a mistake that was for me.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited January 2020
    Today I learnt that when Jazz gets tagged by Mixdaddy's Concussive Block he loses his combo meter but NOT the Crit Rate Buffs. You don't actually lose all the damage output you built up to, which is a sick tip to use against RoK Mixmaster. I wonder if it's the same case against Jetfire....