Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Fighting "Glitches"

in the recent months i've been observing more and more of these "glitches", and whilst i'm sure many of you may disagree, i just wanted to know if other people are also experiencing the following:

Short Jabs - when your bot is too close to range and too far to melee, it does a short jab and punches the air, usually follow by the AI countering you, happens quite regularly

AI blocking SP after 5 hit combo - somehow the AI can throw up their block at the end of your 5 hit combo, happens occasionally

AI initiating SP while blocking - very rare, but i don't believe a player can do this

Broken blocks - after playing this game for over 12mths you know when you have legitimately screwed up, but recently i've had several wtf moments where i was sure i blocked an attack in time, or was already blocking, yet i still got hit

Comments

• Options
    It's like they accelerated the software, but forgot to press the turbo button on the hardware.
  • Options
    MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    my phone gets hot enough, it's definitely turboing, but do i need to see every spark flying off my bot when i get hit, slowing it down so i get hit some more?
  • Options
    xXjuanXxxXjuanXx Posts: 17
    MystaJay wrote: »
    in the recent months i've been observing more and more of these "glitches", and whilst i'm sure many of you may disagree, i just wanted to know if other people are also experiencing the following:

Short Jabs - when your bot is too close to range and too far to melee, it does a short jab and punches the air, usually follow by the AI countering you, happens quite regularly

AI blocking SP after 5 hit combo - somehow the AI can throw up their block at the end of your 5 hit combo, happens occasionally

AI initiating SP while blocking - very rare, but i don't believe a player can do this

Broken blocks - after playing this game for over 12mths you know when you have legitimately screwed up, but recently i've had several wtf moments where i was sure i blocked an attack in time, or was already blocking, yet i still got hit

Over time you get used to these things. You're right.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited March 2020
    @MystaJay correct on all accounts, especially for devices running formerly high-end chipsets with GPU settings on high.

Case in point:
    1. (Mid-range) motorola moto m.
    Mediatek MT6755T on Android 7.0.
    4/32GB.
    Game takes slightly longer to load vs iPhone (it always has) and graphics are decidedly mediocre, however since day 1, game runs smooth as silk and never overheats nor crashes.
    2. iPhone 7 Plus. Apple A10 Fusion on iOS 13.3. 3/128GB.
    During the iOS 10/11 days this device absolutely nailed F2F. Fast loading, smooth, beautiful graphics albeit with minor overheating.
    Best everything.
    But since F2F 8.0.2, plenty of issues have started to creep up.
    When the PowerVR GPU was rendered obsolete by Apple (and devs) earlier last year, everything started getting worse.
    TBF it's a 3yr + gadget.

They're just not prioritizing rigs considered deprecated by manufacturers, and developers and programmers are following suit.
    All gearing up for latest and greatest.

Just as I've discovered with almost all devices, the Mid-range phones are the cockroaches of the tech world.
    When all flagships stutter and fail, Mid-range devices find a way to survive.
    They were built for people who can hardly afford luxuries, hence the longevity and constant dev support.

I usually get the best, most reliable F2F gaming experience from midrange phones.
    Not the prettiest, but I'd trade graphics for long battery life and stability anytime.

Check out my REQUIREMENTS thread for up to date advice on F2F compatibility, for all budgets.