Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is There Any Perk To Using Mirage?

I'm a casual player, haven't seen too many videos and mostly just play for the chance to play some of the characters I like. I'm glad Mirage is in the game, and he's fast (ridiculously so with the AI using him), but he just doesn't seem that tough, and his stage 2 and 3 specials don't seem to do much damage compared to others.

Am I missing something or overlooking anything about him to make him worthwhile to play and level up?

Comments

• SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    No, Mirage is garbage. Worst bot in the game

Used to be a decent choice to put on Laser nodes, but now Wasp is about 5x better. Used to be a toss up between Mirage and Mix for worst bot. Then Mix got a good buff (as did Arcee) leaving Mirage hands down the worst in the game.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2017
    Serapth wrote: »
    No, Mirage is garbage. Worst bot in the game

Used to be a decent choice to put on Laser nodes, but now Wasp is about 5x better. Used to be a toss up between Mirage and Mix for worst bot. Then Mix got a good buff (as did Arcee) leaving Mirage hands down the worst in the game.

Wow. You clearly have no idea how to utilize Mirage. He has some of the best utility in the game.

First, he is by far the best bot to mitigate special attack damage against heavy hitters. They literally do 80% less critical and ranged damage as long as your shield isn't recharging.

2nd, he trades DPS for tactical versatility.

3rd, he can instantly get rid of burn debuffs and avoid ranged attacks by throwing a heavy.

He can power drain indefinitely after using an L1.

He can stack a large number of attack debuffs and stun after an L2.

He can stack permanent attack buffs on himself after an L3.

His Sig makes melee hits after L2 unblockable, and basically makes all his other perks even better than they already are.

High damage output is not the only measure of bot worth. Learn to use him. He can battle way way way above his weight class.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Mirage is for skilled players. But you have to awaken him first to notice a big difference.

Other than what's been detailed above, I'd add his stun ability upon landing S2 to the list. You can just land a 7 hit, stun, and another 7 hit, stun, and another 7 hit+special, that's often death sentence for a low health enemy.
  • BlogZmogisBlogZmogis Posts: 43
    Mirage is very good against Demolition bots. Specially Iron Hide. He cant win when you have Mirage.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    Manthro wrote: »

Wow. You clearly have no idea how to utilize Mirage. He has some of the best utility in the game.

First, he is by far the best bot to mitigate special attack damage against heavy hitters. They literally do 80% less critical and ranged damage as long as your shield isn't recharging.

2nd, he trades DPS for tactical versatility.

3rd, he can instantly get rid of burn debuffs and avoid ranged attacks by throwing a heavy.

He can power drain indefinitely after using an L1.

He can stack a large number of attack debuffs and stun after an L2.

He can stack permanent attack buffs on himself after an L3.

His Sig makes melee hits after L2 unblockable, and basically makes all his other perks even better than they already are.

High damage output is not the only measure of bot worth. Learn to use him. He can battle way way way above his weight class.

This^

The number of times I've heard Mirage being underused or a terrible bot is just sad. Mirage is tribute to the gameplay that Forged to Fight actually has. His versatility is through the roof and I take him into ANY(except bonecrusher cause nobody likes to bleed themselves to death) fight including fights against Windblade, Sideswipe or Barricade(all disadvantage fights) and still come out on top. Oh and yeah, want to neuter an Ironhide? Nobody does it better than Mirage. Want to see something really funny? Stack 15 attack debuffs on an Ironhide(if he lives that long) then let him shoot you in the face with his S2 and watch as it does maybe a grand total of 2% life bar dmg. Hilarious.

Mirage has a gimmick for everything and with skill and knowledge, is a top tier bot.
  • Greenie_81Greenie_81 Posts: 54
    Mirage is a giant killer. How many times in regular battles have you managed more than 40-60 hit combos only to be killed by an sp3? Mirage is a control bot. When used right, he can change the game in your favour and level the playing field. The power drain and stun abilities he has make it easy to keep opponents from hitting you too many times or allowing them to use an sp3 which usually is the main killer when fighting bots nearly twice the PI you have on your bot. Read the descriptions on mirage again and practise. With the big changes to bots in AM, mirage will be a good choice to consider
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Mirage is insane, but you have to be focus to play him, every 7 hits stun the opponent, that's really good
    Killer special 2
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2017
    Besides... Everyone knows the worst (yet one of the most fun) bot to play is bludgeon.

There is absolutely nothing unique or outstanding about poor bludgeon ever since they changed his Sig ability.

He doesn't bleed the opponent often, he doesn't trigger armour often, and he doesn't do anything interesting with his specials other than slightly above average damage.

He might as well be a generic sharkticon
  • Pofh1Pofh1 Posts: 50
    He's my Ironhide killer, about the only one who can survive his 2 and 3 specials. That heavy is good for getting under shooters. He's a Wrecker.