Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Fortress of Corruption

This thread is just for player found info on the new AM map. So far the mods don't seem too perilous, but the map is somewhat more confusing than the last one.

Comments

• Options
    This thread is just for player found info on the new AM map. So far the mods don't seem too perilous, but the map is somewhat more confusing than the last one.

Yup! The bots seem easier, but then again I just joined it ;). Guess it will take some time for us to get used to it. Also, the fragment rewards look pretty good.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    There are lanes that have major potential to be headaches at higher levels, like Arcee and Sideswipe.

I'm not liking how we don't merge after Stage 1 and can't see into Stage 2. This locked spit path in the first two stages is going to be annoying
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Voltron wrote: »
    There are lanes that have major potential to be headaches at higher levels, like Arcee and Sideswipe.

Yup. This one has my vote for hardest lane grouping on the new map, bosses aside.
  • Options
    xXjuanXxxXjuanXx Posts: 17
    Primal with node 90% reduce damage... PROWL did more than 100 hits and nothing..
    And.. Against mv1 ..yea crazy... Heavys directly does not work.
    The node should say that without fractures is unbeatable
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Don't be fooled by the easiness in room 1. There's a Hod Rod with both melee and ranged evade. A Scorpion with repair timed, a Grindor and a UM with 90% armor and a Soundwave with power flow and power start. Not to mention a lot of heavy block and Stagger.
  • Options
    Don't be fooled by the easiness in room 1. There's a Hod Rod with both melee and ranged evade. A Scorpion with repair timed, a Grindor and a UM with 90% armor and a Soundwave with power flow and power start. Not to mention a lot of heavy block and Stagger.

Yeah, I'm finding out. It is, to say the least, a fat L.
  • Options
    xXjuanXx wrote: »
    Primal with node 90% reduce damage... PROWL did more than 100 hits and nothing..

Primal is Range reflect.
  • Options
    xXjuanXx wrote: »

Primal is Range reflect.

unless he took a linked Primal
  • Options
    MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    And the dreaded galvatron with defensive power gain, AGAIN!
  • Options
    MystaJay wrote: »
    And the dreaded galvatron with defensive power gain, AGAIN!

At least without ranged buff and physical resistance. Dethroned from lieutenant to a tougher goon.
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Ironically, Necrotronus was easy to beat even with one linked node. Probably dealt with him on an easier level than I should have, but I also removed the Cycle 125% Resist path (Far left path on final stretch... Grimlock & Ramjet) before beating Nemesis Prime, and then Necrotronus. That probably helped.
  • Options
    MystaJay wrote: »
    This map is very unfriendly for players who enters later, because you can see very far away, and you have no idea which lane is missing people.

guess we'll HAVE to talk to each other then... If the chat doesn't filter out half your words

things like this makes you think if there's a lack of continuity among the teams..like if the design team even plays this game or that they don't really care to take the player's perspective.. like the items up charge.

locking players to a side without being able to see anything beyond what's near you is horrible
  • Options
    We're halfway in the 4th week of AM and it's not fun. Everything we asked and got in the Fractured Tomb map is now gone. What happened to focusing on the fight not navigating the map?

AM is now back to being your second job. You need a full alliance again otherwise your members are going to burn out. I'm interested to see how many stick through this after they get Tronus.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    We're halfway in the 4th week of AM and it's not fun. Everything we asked and got in the Fractured Tomb map is now gone. What happened to focusing on the fight not navigating the map?

AM is now back to being your second job. You need a full alliance again otherwise your members are going to burn out. I'm interested to see how many stick through this after they get Tronus.

I think the map goes by pretty quickly with the reduced energy timers. Yeah, the empty nodes are annoying but not a deal breaker. Three to a side with a chance to switch in the middle isn't too bad since there's always one path that can be shared. Guess your experience depends on how active your BG is.
  • Options
    JKL wrote: »

I think the map goes by pretty quickly with the reduced energy timers. Yeah, the empty nodes are annoying but not a deal breaker. Three to a side with a chance to switch in the middle isn't too bad since there's always one path that can be shared. Guess your experience depends on how active your BG is.

How active, how many and how skilled. At the top, you have all 18 players that are commited and skilled.
    We all know there's a limit supply of active skilled players (not even top alliance skilled...just skilled as in knowing the mechanics of the game.) and us mid-tiers get the leftovers if there's any players left. A lot of us are not running full or have to take in lower players (hoping they're willing to learn..a lot do not). So running 2 to a side or running 3 but having to carry 1 isn't as easy. It was doable in the FT map but this one can burn players out. We've already lost players because of it and I need to vent. =)

But you're right w/ the right team, it's not too bad. When paired correctly, I was able to clear a side with just one member..but due to the lack of players, this is rare..at least for us mid-tiers.
  • Options
    When I faced Fractured Tomb, it was a lot harder to beat with my OGP-Ratchet-IH lineup. The Mini-Bosses would sometime get the better of me & I had to adapt my fighting ways just to survive. I only beat Megatronus twice ever in those AMs... and I needed both links cleared plus luck. Now... I am running the same team, and I have only used OGP in the AM battles so far. I am trying to take what I think is the Hardest AM Paths & not waiting for linked nodes to clear... and I am still beating Necrotronus with a linked node, no problem. Beating Necrotronus the 1st time felt good; after beating him 8-10 times...
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Jog my memory please, what is Fractured Tomb?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Darm0k wrote: »

Name for the last AM Map.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Ahh, okay. I’m guessing map 2? I think map 3 was Ancient Sanctum?

Guess it’s good there’s only one AM map now with a difficulty slider. I would be more confused later on when the AM map updates in 2022.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Ahh, okay. I’m guessing map 2? I think map 3 was Ancient Sanctum?

Guess it’s good there’s only one AM map now with a difficulty slider. I would be more confused later on when the AM map updates in 2022.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ You’re right, AM Map 3 was Ancient Sanctum. I did so many AM Map 2s in a Previous Alliance, I got mixed up.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I think you guys are mixing up your crystal rewards names with the actual map name. @Technobot @Darm0k

Fractured Tomb is the name for Map 3 AM (Tronus as boss) before version 8.4 dropped a few weeks ago with this new, current AM map.

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/7945/alliance-missions-dark-horizons