Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Mastery inconsistencies

I noticed some weird behavior with some masteries:

For example, critical damage
L1 does nothing to bot rating
L2 adds as expected
L3 adds, again as expected
L4 diminishes rating!!
L5 adds again, but you end up circa L3

Deep wounds and its mother node don't change rating.

So, if the rating is insistent, I expect the same from the result in ability which is at least a bit troubling (with critical you don't want l4 or even 5 that's almost the same as 3, just stay with 3)
I do masteries based on rating so I add 1, look at some bots, add another level, look again at the bots...

Besides, why do some masteries only add fixed points rather than % points? Makes them useless at higher levels except for opening up mastery paths.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Sometimes, we know the game better than the devs.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    KakaMax wrote: »
    Besides, why do some masteries only add fixed points rather than % points? Makes them useless at higher levels except for opening up mastery paths.

You mean the 280 extra from the health mastery doesn’t make a difference?

Man, that thing has saved me countless of times. 🙄
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Never looked as close as you but it's possible you're on to something. A while back, rank 4 stupefy lasted longer than rank 5. Then once Kabam was informed, rank 4 stupefy was nerfed.
  • KakaMaxKakaMax Posts: 44
    Darm0k wrote: »
    KakaMax wrote: »

You mean the 280 extra from the health mastery doesn’t make a difference?

Man, that thing has saved me countless of times. 🙄

Of course! That 0.8% extra health on my grimlock makes him indestructible! And all that for just 3 extra mastery points over. L1! 😂
  • KakaMaxKakaMax Posts: 44
    JKL wrote: »
    Never looked as close as you but it's possible you're on to something. A while back, rank 4 stupefy lasted longer than rank 5. Then once Kabam was informed, rank 4 stupefy was nerfed.

Yup, I experimented a bit and the effect on rating is what I look for besides the description sounding useful to the way I play.

Deep wounds sounds great, so I went for l2... All that energon and no effect at all on rating, and I didn't notice the extra bleeding time on my bleeder bots, so not convinced