Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

We need an overhead view for the new AM map 3

Hi. It is SO HARD, and near impossible to look ahead and know which path to take in the new AM, unless you contact the other players in the BG. But for teams on different time zones, even that can be a problem. Is there a possibility that you could give us an icon to click on to on the side of the screen that would show us an overhead view of the map, so we would know where to go? If this could be possible, it would be so helpful to alliances across the globe!
Thanks

Comments

• SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    In truth, you just need to have well-rated bots that can take on the enemy, and the alliance map is small enough for memorization.
  • Hi. It is SO HARD, and near impossible to look ahead and know which path to take in the new AM, unless you contact the other players in the BG.

The point of AM is to communicate with your Alliance and coordinate routes etc...
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    May Jesus/Yahweh/Allah bless you, @asparagus
    Terrific idiot-proof guide

Forgot to add your name in list of top contributors of quality content, in the Titan Shards Poll.

Apologies!

Though @magnusprime777 has a point. I'm pretty sure this exact request (plan map with live icons) has been brought up in the CHANGE. thread.
    Heck even a simple battlegroup message ala windows 98 games:
    "x and y have gone left"
    That'll do
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    We really just need to be able to see which of our allies are on which side
  • This week we faced a situation where we defeated Necrotronus and four members(including me) were in the last section and map completed was 98%. Although we had more than 5 hours for this but we had no clue which node or link/edge(between two nodes) was left for this case. So it will be helpful if they come up with something.
  • DrkPrinzDrkPrinz Posts: 37
    @magnusprime777 I wanted to bring up this request from day 1 of the new Map, I just dint bother to do it because there are a few people in here who defend Kabam for whatever they do.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I am very well aware that Alliance Mission is a team effort but not all Alliances have members with BG assignments based on Timezone and maintain the hunger for AM battles over the years. My alliance has players who don't speak english but we still have them in the team because they contribute to AM and a we have a few of our players in our Line chat group. That being said, let me state the issue, lets say I join a few hours after AM starts and people have already cleared both halves of the first section and over the wall I can see their markers somewhere along the middle of the next section. If these players are not online and not in our Line group, then how am I to decide which route to take. In-game chat for AM gets cleared as soon as some one takes out a link. I did ask Kabam a long time back for an option to start from the beginning after I take out the final boss to help clear pending lanes but that wish might have been too much but how about a mini toggle map in AM that shows the players and lane completion status. That way we know which route to take and also who to text incase we are stuck at 98% with one bot alive somewhere in the map.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    DrkPrinz wrote: »
    @magnusprime777 I wanted to bring up this request from day 1 of the new Map, I just dint bother to do it because there are a few people in here who defend Kabam for whatever they do.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I am very well aware that Alliance Mission is a team effort but not all Alliances have members with BG assignments based on Timezone and maintain the hunger for AM battles over the years. My alliance has players who don't speak english but we still have them in the team because they contribute to AM and a we have a few of our players in our Line chat group. That being said, let me state the issue, lets say I join a few hours after AM starts and people have already cleared both halves of the first section and over the wall I can see their markers somewhere along the middle of the next section. If these players are not online and not in our Line group, then how am I to decide which route to take. In-game chat for AM gets cleared as soon as some one takes out a link. I did ask Kabam a long time back for an option to start from the beginning after I take out the final boss to help clear pending lanes but that wish might have been too much but how about a mini toggle map in AM that shows the players and lane completion status. That way we know which route to take and also who to text incase we are stuck at 98% with one bot alive somewhere in the map.

Are you talking about the two lines of chat? If you go to your inbox/chat screen..you can see a brief history of your BG chat/activities. It's not from the beginning but it's more than the recent two.

For players that posted about needing help.. this will be something you need to check and familiarize yourself with the map, so when you look at the chat and you'll have a general idea of what nodes your teammates are on.
  • DrkPrinzDrkPrinz Posts: 37
    @Voltron I am well aware of that method and I do stay behind as backup and rely on that when I need to get my BG to 100%. But not everyone is bothered to go through all that and make a decision. Also what is the point is making the decision so calculative, a mini map showing pending routes and player positions doesn't feel like a huge request. Just something that makes navigating the map easier.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    DrkPrinz wrote: »
    @Voltron I am well aware of that method and I do stay behind as backup and rely on that when I need to get my BG to 100%. But not everyone is bothered to go through all that and make a decision. Also what is the point is making the decision so calculative, a mini map showing pending routes and player positions doesn't feel like a huge request. Just something that makes navigating the map easier.

Though I agree with you (hell, I've been wanting this overview map since the first day I fought an AM), anything we think is easy may be a huge request for Kabam.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Let’s give us the ability to spectate other battlegroups using overhead view while we’re at it. It’ll greatly help the leader and us officers managing the alliance
  • SilverZA wrote: »
    In truth, you just need to have well-rated bots that can take on the enemy, and the alliance map is small enough for memorization.

Not sure how memorisation helps you tell what paths ahead of you still have bots in them... Or which teammates ahead need help to finish their path.

Or even whether that half dead teammate is on the left or right side