Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Enhancements to Hound and Kickback

13»

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited May 2020
    DaveJL wrote: »

RoK Sideswipe is bugged though.

Strategy for Hound is use sp3, keep burn active, pummel with sig boosted range shots without melee hits for constant crits, higher crit damage and burn stacks.

A ranged heavy would be nice but I don't see what it adds in the mechanics there, unless it activated another ability.

Wait, are you saying that the SP3 strategy is viable vs Swipe here or just saying in general that should be the strategy?

My thoughts on the ranged heavy are that it makes it much easier to maintain that Ranged game.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    MystaJay wrote: »
    how the hell did that sideswipe get THAT much power?

also....
    WINDBLADE

This change isn’t for the Bot herself, but for the AI that controls Windblade when she is the enemy. Currently, she plays too much like a ranged Bot, when she is not. Moving forward, she’ll be more likely to use Melee attacks, and will use her Special 2 Attack from closer.

did someone forget to tell warrior shark that he should be a little less "distant" with his sp2?

He's bugged - for some reason when you hit him with anti evade ranged stuff when he has his evade buff he procs his power gain from his node. It's stupid and doesn't seem to have ever been fixed but I'm sure Manthro made a thread about it a long, long time ago.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited May 2020
    Also for Hound - his sig could do with activating tracking ranged shots like Starscream, Arcee and Mirage. Never understood why it doesn't. Jetfire could do with the same treatment.

He also needs a way of getting rid of Blaster's interference debuffs because they completely shut Hound down.
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    Also for Hound - his sig could do with activating tracking ranged shots like Starscream, Arcee and Mirage. Never understood why it doesn't. Jetfire could do with the same treatment.

He also needs a way of getting rid of Blaster's interference debuffs because they completely shut Hound down.

Having a way for Hound to purify Blaster's interference is actually a brilliant idea and further improving Hound's already strong utility. Since Hound could already purify daze debuffs which cause basic range attacks to miss occasionally and special range attacks to miss completely, why can't he do the same with interference?
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    The only problem I have with Hound is that he constantly "whiffs" at far range. That's a problem.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Just my 2 cents.... Kickback was brutal before, but now he's a real challenge. I finally got him as a 5* and immediately took him to r4. He's always been a favorite of mine. Been saving the awakening program for him. He's never shown for me in a crystal.
    Hound should be a super strong bot....were getting there, but he still has a ways to go.
    Soundwave is still a very effective bot, especially when his sig gets to the higher ranges. Makes for a real pain, especially his AI always ending a combo with a heavy that's basically impossible to evade. IMO he's still a very strong fighter.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents.... Kickback was brutal before, but now he's a real challenge. I finally got him as a 5* and immediately took him to r4. He's always been a favorite of mine. Been saving the awakening program for him. He's never shown for me in a crystal.
    Hound should be a super strong bot....were getting there, but he still has a ways to go.
    Soundwave is still a very effective bot, especially when his sig gets to the higher ranges. Makes for a real pain, especially his AI always ending a combo with a heavy that's basically impossible to evade. IMO he's still a very strong fighter.

Soundwave in particular could use an update still to be more in-line with the other tech bots. Some examples below:

- Shockwave for instance has a 100% chance to drain power on his S.P.1 attack.
    - Jetfire could 100% power lock the opponent once you've accumulated 5 energy charges.
    - Rhinox could power lock on his heavy attacks.
    - Mirage could consistently power burn on his S.P.1 as well.
    - Prowl even has a 100% chance to power drain on his S.P.1 and 100% chance to power lock on his S.P.3.

Soundwave in my eyes should be able to have a 100% chance to power leak on his S.P.1 and a 100% chance to power lock on his S.P.3. The chances to stun could either remain where it is now or slightly reduced to make it more balanced for his guarantee power control abilities.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Soundwave in particular could use an update still to be more in-line with the other tech bots. Some examples below:

- Shockwave for instance has a 100% chance to drain power on his S.P.1 attack.
    - Jetfire could 100% power lock the opponent once you've accumulated 5 energy charges.
    - Rhinox could power lock on his heavy attacks.
    - Mirage could consistently power burn on his S.P.1 as well.
    - Prowl even has a 100% chance to power drain on his S.P.1 and 100% chance to power lock on his S.P.3.

Soundwave in my eyes should be able to have a 100% chance to power leak on his S.P.1 and a 100% chance to power lock on his S.P.3. The chances to stun could either remain where it is now or slightly reduced to make it more balanced for his guarantee power control abilities.

Well put. Why would his sp1 be so unreliable? Is he running Windows operating system?
  • VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited May 2020
    Well put. Why would his sp1 be so unreliable? Is he running Windows operating system?

Perhaps Soundwave is running on an outdated software version (which he is) and requires a new patch. Even the tech Sharkticon has a better software version running where his S.P.1 instantly drains 1.5 of your power bar. Who would have guessed a Sharkticon has better power draining capabilities than the Decepticon's head communications officer.
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Unpin this topic
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Down_Under wrote: »
    Unpin this topic

You can do it manually. Just click on the wheel and choose Dismiss (from mobile browser view).
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Have KB’s healing buffs always been capped at 6 stacks?
    gje71kln6cgb.png

@Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike
    How come I have network connection problems even though I'm the only one using the wifi at home and the router/modem is right beside me?
  • Clark_kentClark_kent Posts: 80
    nice @Kabam Vydious , but what about Ratchet ? He has thee weakest hits in game, the only thing he can do is provide with health to OGP as his is so weak than even with his recovery mode when he is 50% low , anyone can defeat him. And also his range shots can be upgraded to shock consumed power
    nice @Kabam Vydious , but what about Ratchet ? He has thee weakest hits in game, the only thing he can do is provide with health to OGP as his is so weak than even with his recovery mode when he is 50% low , anyone can defeat him. And also his range shots can be upgraded to shock consumed power

Soundwave's attack rating needs to be higher. In the movies and cartoon, he is deadly, but in this game? Not so much.
  • SilverZA wrote: »

Soundwave's attack rating needs to be higher. In the movies and cartoon, he is deadly, but in this game? Not so much.

So is Prime, The Doom Prime, Waspinator and Megatronus.
    SilverZA wrote: »

So is Prime, The Doom Prime, Waspinator and Megatronus.

I know right?!!
  • MeshatariMeshatari Posts: 11
    That is the second time they fixed hound
  • MeshatariMeshatari Posts: 11
    I still think Windblade should've been a warrior instead of a scout. She has more warrior abilities then scout.