Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

NRG & scientist

Did I miss it elsewhere on the forum or has no-one noticed Scientist quoting NRG in this months AM ?

It is rad IMHO, well done writer (s) !

Comments

• TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited May 2020
    I mentioned it in Discord on the screenshots forum...
    For those who don’t know what Bazzatron1979 is referring to...
    sab3ka33inm2.png
    57c29mbifu8c.png
    The prophecy are some of the lyrics to “Instruments of Destruction”, referenced in the song above...

In the 1986 Animated movie, the song played over the scene where Megatron & the Decepticons ambushed the Autobot shuttle heading to Autobot City (Metroplex) on Earth, killing Brawn, Prowl, Ratchet, & Ironhide.
  • Technobot wrote: »
    I mentioned it in Discord on the screenshots forum...
    For those who don’t know what Bazzatron1979 is referring to...
    sab3ka33inm2.png
    57c29mbifu8c.png
    The prophecy are some of the lyrics to “Instruments of Destruction”, referenced in the song above...

In the 1986 Animated movie, the song played over the scene where Megatron & the Decepticons ambushed the Autobot shuttle heading to Autobot City (Metroplex) on Earth, killing Brawn, Prowl, Ratchet, & Ironhide.

Hell yeah! The scientist has a good taste in 80s music and 80s childhood trauma. (Not including me).
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Its slightly off though. Its"tools of power plays", not foul play.

Also, there's lyrics from Dare in there too.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Its slightly off though. Its"tools of power plays", not foul play.

Here we go with “Laurel or Yanny” again... 😂🤣😂🤣

TBH, I can hear why people think “Power” was said instead of “Foul” in the refrain, because it does sound like “Tools of Power Play”. But when I googled the actual lyrics, I saw “Foul” & when I reheard it, I definitely heard “Tools of fo-ul play”. I think Vin_Cent used what the googled lyrics said.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    That's what you get for Google-ing!

This is just one of those songs where its easy to get lyrics mixed up and there are tons of lyric sites with many different versions beyond Ernie's original version and the lyrics edited for the movie. Instead of using Google, just go to the guy who wrote the song, read the original lyrics, take into account the movie edits and you've got the correct lyrics. Its a little more work, but you get the right stuff not what some random dude thinks he hears when he listens to it and then puts it on a web page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLHpczoYAIU
    That's the band's original version of the song remade for a 30th anniversary thing, which uses "power plays".

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Instruments_of_Destruction
    This page shows the edits they made for putting it in the movie. "Power plays" was not changed.