Home General Discussion

Nemesis Prime or Optimus Prime?

Nemesis Prime or Optimus Prime? 32 votes

Nemesis Prime
21% 7 votes
Optimus Prime
78% 25 votes

Comments

  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 632
    Trick question, the answer is both.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,815
    Megatron
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 738
    People who voted for Nemesis Prime


    Why?
  • Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 223
    You are a disgrace to the FTF community if you think Optimus Prime is worse than Nemesis.
    It must be somewhere in the Ten Commandments to max up your OG Prime to rank 5,forge100 and sig 100 in a lifetime!
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,865
    You are a disgrace to the FTF community if you think Optimus Prime is worse than Nemesis.
    It must be somewhere in the Ten Commandments to max up your OG Prime to rank 5,forge100 and sig 100 in a lifetime!

    Bruh
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 831
    Nemesis essentially made optimus prime outdated. There’s no need to bring that sidekick Rat and waste a bot slot just for healing. Nemesis is the upgraded version of OGP.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,815
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Nemesis essentially made optimus prime outdated. There’s no need to bring that sidekick Rat and waste a bot slot just for healing. Nemesis is the upgraded version of OGP.

    Basically Soul vs Soulless
    OGP can dish out amazing damage but he’s the most boring Tactician in this game. I dislike Nemesis a lot but even I have to admit he’s brought more to the table than OGP does in the current state of the game
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 831
    edited May 14
    Peas wrote: »
    Are the people on he side of Nemesis just trolling? I like Nemesis, I do, but OGP seems to be on a different level.

    🤦🏻‍♀️ Lol fine go ahead continue using OGP and spending your resources (sparks and sigs) on him... meanwhile I’m saving mine for when I get Nemesis. I have R5 OGM, Cyclonus and another 4 T4C tacts in inventory but my OGP is just R4 for arena. OGP was great mainly cos of that heal with Rat, but there’s mts and np now who can heal on their own. Without that heal synergy, OGP is just another melee damage bot.

    Here’s how to use OGP:

    5u4apme2wrx8.png
  • JKLJKL Posts: 963
    I'm a longtime OG user but it's not a clear choice. I think of NP as a situational bot where OG is more generally usable. So it depends what you want to use them for. NP's heal is barely noticeable unless you have some melee buffs to copy. It's nothing compared to the OG/Rat synergy.

    If I had to pick based on standalone value then OG Megatron, lol. He does most of what both of them can do and is usable in a lot of different types of fights.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 141
    Honestly, just use both of them. HOwever, I think that OG megatron is better.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 831
    I definitely agree with ogm being more useful than OGP and nemesis. But then, I’m one of the very few who really doesn’t like OGP.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,755
    I voted for Nemesis because he is more versatile and OGP is just a damage dealer, nothing else.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 108
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I voted for Nemesis because he is more versatile and OGP is just a damage dealer, nothing else.

    JUST a damage dealer (nothing wrong with being just powerful anyway)... plus perma armour break... plus synergy king... plus bleeds... plus a touch of heals

    pls substantiate your point next time
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,815
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I voted for Nemesis because he is more versatile and OGP is just a damage dealer, nothing else.

    JUST a damage dealer (nothing wrong with being just powerful anyway)... plus perma armour break... plus synergy king... plus bleeds... plus a touch of heals

    pls substantiate your point next time

    Perma armor break and bleeds belong to the damage category
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,755
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I voted for Nemesis because he is more versatile and OGP is just a damage dealer, nothing else.

    JUST a damage dealer (nothing wrong with being just powerful anyway)... plus perma armour break... plus synergy king... plus bleeds... plus a touch of heals

    pls substantiate your point next time

    synergy king? Substantiate your point please
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 108
    edited May 20
    DaveJL wrote: »
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I voted for Nemesis because he is more versatile and OGP is just a damage dealer, nothing else.

    JUST a damage dealer (nothing wrong with being just powerful anyway)... plus perma armour break... plus synergy king... plus bleeds... plus a touch of heals

    pls substantiate your point next time

    synergy king? Substantiate your point please

    who else has as many synergies as OGP?
    https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Optimus_Prime

    and where's your "versatility" of nemesis, pls do contribute

    i will no longer getting baited by your uninformed trolling, take it or leave it
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,815
    “Synergy King”
    You mean Optimus Primal whose Beast Synergy has made a much larger impact than Optimus? You mean the most used synergy team in the entire game?
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 108
    i did say OGP has MANY synergies, not necessarily the BEST synergies ;-) there can be multiple kings in the multiverse?

    Primal - Beast is def a good synergy
    Galv - Hand of Chaos/Living Weapon
    Dino - Sword/Shieldmaster

    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/9855/all-about-bot-synergies#latest
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,755
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I voted for Nemesis because he is more versatile and OGP is just a damage dealer, nothing else.

    JUST a damage dealer (nothing wrong with being just powerful anyway)... plus perma armour break... plus synergy king... plus bleeds... plus a touch of heals

    pls substantiate your point next time

    synergy king? Substantiate your point please

    who else has as many synergies as OGP?
    https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Optimus_Prime

    and where's your "versatility" of nemesis, pls do contribute

    i will no longer getting baited by your uninformed trolling, take it or leave it

    please, I've forgotten more about the mechanics of this game than you've learned.

    Nemesis' versatility comes in the copying and nullifying of buffs. He can do what OGP can do, minus the bleeds, but more efficiently. Nemesis doesn't need ratchet to heal, just awakened. Combine his healing with a melee buff and you're good to go.

    I prefer finesse over brute force personally, hence why I've always taken OGM over OGP.
  • Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 223
    DaveJL wrote: »
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I voted for Nemesis because he is more versatile and OGP is just a damage dealer, nothing else.

    JUST a damage dealer (nothing wrong with being just powerful anyway)... plus perma armour break... plus synergy king... plus bleeds... plus a touch of heals

    pls substantiate your point next time

    synergy king? Substantiate your point please

    who else has as many synergies as OGP?
    https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Optimus_Prime

    and where's your "versatility" of nemesis, pls do contribute

    i will no longer getting baited by your uninformed trolling, take it or leave it

    please, I've forgotten more about the mechanics of this game than you've learned.

    Nemesis' versatility comes in the copying and nullifying of buffs. He can do what OGP can do, minus the bleeds, but more efficiently. Nemesis doesn't need ratchet to heal, just awakened. Combine his healing with a melee buff and you're good to go.

    I prefer finesse over brute force personally, hence why I've always taken OGM over OGP.

    Yeah but Nemesis' life steal doesn't heal you as much as the Ratchet Prime duo and Nemesis is a bit low on the health scale
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,284
    edited May 20
    DaveJL wrote: »
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I voted for Nemesis because he is more versatile and OGP is just a damage dealer, nothing else.

    JUST a damage dealer (nothing wrong with being just powerful anyway)... plus perma armour break... plus synergy king... plus bleeds... plus a touch of heals

    pls substantiate your point next time

    synergy king? Substantiate your point please

    who else has as many synergies as OGP?
    https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Optimus_Prime

    and where's your "versatility" of nemesis, pls do contribute

    i will no longer getting baited by your uninformed trolling, take it or leave it

    please, I've forgotten more about the mechanics of this game than you've learned.

    Nemesis' versatility comes in the copying and nullifying of buffs. He can do what OGP can do, minus the bleeds, but more efficiently. Nemesis doesn't need ratchet to heal, just awakened. Combine his healing with a melee buff and you're good to go.

    I prefer finesse over brute force personally, hence why I've always taken OGM over OGP.



    Many times, Nemesis does what Optimus Prime can do but worse. If the opponent does NOT have a melee buff, his damage and healing are rather low. Sure he can nullify buffs, but that is only ARMOR AND MELEE. More often than not, OG Prime is way more useful than Nemesis, simply because he doesn't need a big melee buff to copy in order to be good.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 108
    TBH i have nothing against nemesis, there's no commandment that says "Thou shalt only rank the most powerful bot", if you personally like him then by all means.

    But, the fact that OGP is in the basic pool, but nemesis can only be bought with titan fragment, with his stats/skills it's kinda hard to justify buying him and ranking him

    That being said, he is only a small buff away from being really good, so don't rule him out just yet
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,755
    DaveJL wrote: »
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    MystaJay wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I voted for Nemesis because he is more versatile and OGP is just a damage dealer, nothing else.

    JUST a damage dealer (nothing wrong with being just powerful anyway)... plus perma armour break... plus synergy king... plus bleeds... plus a touch of heals

    pls substantiate your point next time

    synergy king? Substantiate your point please

    who else has as many synergies as OGP?
    https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Optimus_Prime

    and where's your "versatility" of nemesis, pls do contribute

    i will no longer getting baited by your uninformed trolling, take it or leave it

    please, I've forgotten more about the mechanics of this game than you've learned.

    Nemesis' versatility comes in the copying and nullifying of buffs. He can do what OGP can do, minus the bleeds, but more efficiently. Nemesis doesn't need ratchet to heal, just awakened. Combine his healing with a melee buff and you're good to go.

    I prefer finesse over brute force personally, hence why I've always taken OGM over OGP.



    Many times, Nemesis does what Optimus Prime can do but worse. If the opponent does NOT have a melee buff, his damage and healing are rather low. Sure he can nullify buffs, but that is only ARMOR AND MELEE. More often than not, OG Prime is way more useful than Nemesis, simply because he doesn't need a big melee buff to copy in order to be good.

    I understand that. However, he can heal which is more than OGP can do unless he has Ratchet, and even that is sketchy. That said, NP's healing is also dependant on a high sig and yeah, it's not great.

    We are also forgetting that NP can copy debuffs on to the opponent, although how useful that is I don't know. I have OGP at r5, NP at r3. I find both of them pale in comparison to OGM, but that's just me. I find NP more fun to play because I don't rely on having a huge damage output. I prefer to have to play smart and with finesse rather than just hit and avoid being hit, as with OGP.

    NP can put out a fair bit of damage also - he does get the crit boost against autobots, armour pierce against decepticons and his synergys aren't that bad.

    As for OGP being a synergy king - he has good synergy, better than NP for sure. I think Starscream probably has the best range of synergy in the game though, OGM has some super powerul and intereting synergy, Dinobot has some amazing synergys and Shockwave is just incredible, so I don't think OGP is the king. His synergy with Ratchet is obviously good and his synergy with Jazz has the potential to be absolutely amazing in long fights, but beyond that he aint that good that I can think of.
Sign In or Register to comment.