Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Should I Rank Up my 5-Star Starscream??

I am having a hard time deciding whether to Rank Up my 5* Starscream or wait for a better Tactician. He's R1 and unduped. One more thing I need to mention is that I don't need another 5* bot urgently as I have others Ranked Up.

Should I Rank Up my 5-Star Starscream?? 24 votes

Yes!! Go for him!!
29%
BeastdadDaveJLJIMMY_SABChaosDogmaKittenNorthernLightRCPriestess 7 votes
Nope..Wait for a better Tactician
70%
asparagusDrShotgunBazzatron1979billygovolsRed_EyesStarkiller7SlayerOptimalOptimus_MV1Transformator79Primerprime5震天尊FirebotMystaJayDontknow9Vinod_7991Cr4zy_WheeljackMegaStrikers 17 votes

Comments

• Nope..Wait for a better Tactician
    Starscream is not good unduped. He's decent with his sig, but other tacticians are better. Wait for Og Prime or Og Megatron. They're worth ranking up instead.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Yes!! Go for him!!
    He's solid, back in the day I used him at R3 (when ranking 5☆s was harder). No shame in ranking him up
  • UmairKhan05UmairKhan05 Posts: 167
    He's unduped so would it be good investing in him or as OptimalOptimus_MV1 said wait for another 5*?? I am not in the need of another 5* to add to my squad so I can wait if that's a better choice.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    His null ray is pretty sweet but it isn't necessary. If you don't need a 5* tact right now I'd say wait. There are much better options.
  • PeasPeas Posts: 74
    I’d don’t mean to high jack but what if the question was spun a little differently. For one thing, he’ll eventually be dupped. So let’s say he is and paired with Thundercracker. Does he become more valuable at that point? Significantly so?

If this is a disrespectful high jacking then just ignor and/or delete.
    Peas wrote: »
    I’d don’t mean to high jack but what if the question was spun a little differently. For one thing, he’ll eventually be dupped. So let’s say he is and paired with Thundercracker. Does he become more valuable at that point? Significantly so?

But even with his synergies, Starscream is still a little bit bland because his whole kit revolves around nullfying but that doesn't really give YOU an advantage as a tactician.
    Og Megatron and OG Prime are still the best IMO. In the words of Maul "He is the key to EVERYTHING."
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    It depends on the team you plan on putting him in. For instance, he'll be terrible in an OGP- Ratchet team, but is absolutely required in a Seeker team. On his own though, I'd say that there are other better Tacticians to wait for.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

But even with his synergies, Starscream is still a little bit bland because his whole kit revolves around nullfying but that doesn't really give YOU an advantage as a tactician.
    Og Megatron and OG Prime are still the best IMO. In the words of Maul "He is the key to EVERYTHING."

You’re calling him “bland” yet you praise OGP - one of the most straightforward “damage = good” bots in the game. What exactly makes him bland? Is it the ability to render every buff useless? Is it the disgusting amounts of instant shock damage? Is it the ranged speed buff that makes the other two abilities even better? None of these abilities require synergies, by the way
    Just gonna tell you plenty of top alliance players have used him, with great results. Since the new AM and spotlights are full of mods, Starscream will always have his advantage
    I know Starscream will be eventually duped but i don't know WHEN. If it happens on my next 5 star Crystal Opening, then surely I WILL take him up but if it doesn't then I would wait coz I am in need of a bot(Tactician) that can deliver the most unduped as I have none of my 5 stars duped. So, I think I might wait for another month and see if things work out :)
    Gunz0 wrote: »

You’re calling him “bland” yet you praise OGP - one of the most straightforward “damage = good” bots in the game. What exactly makes him bland? Is it the ability to render every buff useless? Is it the disgusting amounts of instant shock damage? Is it the ranged speed buff that makes the other two abilities even better? None of these abilities require synergies, by the way
    Just gonna tell you plenty of top alliance players have used him, with great results. Since the new AM and spotlights are full of mods, Starscream will always have his advantage

Im not praising OG Prime. Just because I said that Prime and Megatron were the best tacticians, doesn't mean that they are the most unique or the best at their function. Yes, I do agree that Prime is very bland to play as but that doesn't mean he's bad. He's just a very good bot in general.

That's why I put Megatron on the top of my list because he's the best Tactician for what he is supposed to do. He uses the enemies buffs to their advantage, he uses armor break but he also isn't good against Demos because they don't have armor, resistance or any buff that will help his defence.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853

While I agree with this, you must admit that OGP and OGM are solid Bots that need no backup or Synergies to wreck damage. I'm not very proficient with OGP, but I can safely say that OGM is worth all the praise heaped on him, and more. Sure, you can nullify Buffs and deal some Shock damage with Screamer, but Megs allows you to use those Buffs to your advantage. For example, taking out a 400% Melee increase or 125% Damage Reduction is well and good, but the match is a lot easier when you launch an Sp1 or take an Sp2 with those Buffs on you.

While I agree with this, you must admit that OGP and OGM are solid Bots that need no backup or Synergies to wreck damage. I'm not very proficient with OGP, but I can safely say that OGM is worth all the praise heaped on him, and more. Sure, you can nullify Buffs and deal some Shock damage with Screamer, but Megs allows you to use those Buffs to your advantage. For example, taking out a 400% Melee increase or 125% Damage Reduction is well and good, but the match is a lot easier when you launch an Sp1 or take an Sp2 with those Buffs on you.

Great minds share alike!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Yes!! Go for him!!
    Starscream is amazing. His sp2 is huge, his sp3 can absolutely wreck certain bots, his synergy is good, especially with OGM and his specials all offer a different kind of versatility. He's a good bot.
    I have decided to wait for now, atleast for another month. If I get lucky with the 5-star Crystals or else we get a good Tactician as the next featured bot. Or, if Starscream gets duped, then I will surely take him up. Thanks Everyone!!
    I have decided to wait for now, atleast for another month. If I get lucky with the 5-star Crystals or else we get a good Tactician as the next featured bot. Or, if Starscream gets duped, then I will surely take him up. Thanks Everyone!!

If your next 5 star bot crystal gives you Dinobot or Magnus, then go with Starscream
    edited May 2020

If your next 5 star bot crystal gives you Dinobot or Magnus, then go with Starscream

I am not really a fan of Magnus nor Dinobot, so surely I would go with Screamy :)