Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

RoK Mixmaster AI

Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
I was just testing out a new Bot I'd gotten with RoK Mixmaster, and I noticed that the Mix AI is guaranteed to KO you, unless your Bot has Power Drain or is Jazz. There was a point towards the end of the Fight where Mix needed a few more hits to reach Sp3, and I was constantly blocking and dodging. Not very unusual, unless said evasive maneuvers last for SIX MINUTES. I find it ridiculous that most of one's Bots are guaranteed to fail as Mixmaster almost always hold his Power upto Sp3. This is highly unfair, and basically means that aside for a few select Bots the fight is rigged for you to lose. This isn't a "get good" scenario, it's straight up cheating. Can the AI please let out Special Attacks more frequently, as this would actually make the fights more fun and less of a chore? Thank you.

Edit: I am aware that other Bots can also be used to take out Mix, but the amount of time those Bots have to run all over the field and try to not get tagged by a Heavy is insanely high as compared to other AI controlled Bots, and this happens atleast once a match.

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Who were you using? I do find baiting MixMaster’s SP1 to be more reliable in terms of getting the AI to trigger.
  • Dontknow9Dontknow9 Posts: 17
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Who were you using? I do find baiting MixMaster’s SP1 to be more reliable in terms of getting the AI to trigger.

Same here dude
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Ratchet, in the process of saving up for an Sp2 Mix also managed to get enough Power for his Sp2. It just escalated from there.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I've always baited the sp2, never had an issue
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    I just did it to see. 0 problems with baiting sp.
    https://youtu.be/BtzdLFutO8k
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited May 2020
    Rocsolid wrote: »

Alright, I'm pretty dumbstruck right about now. I've never had a game this smooth before, can someone please explain why I'm having this issue? In my case, Mixmaster doesn't let go of of the Specials even on constant baiting.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Alright, I'm pretty dumbstruck right about now. I've never had a game this smooth before, can someone please explain why I'm having this issue? In my case, Mixmaster doesn't let go of of the Specials even on constant baiting.

Only way to help you is to see some video.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    yeah, we need to see how you actually play to be able to give advice.

My method of baiting is to simply let my bot walk towards the AI bot and anticipate
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302

How do you bait? And to others comments, making a video makes it much easier to id any issues.
    I rotate how I bait sp. I dodge, heavy, use sp and walk to bait.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited May 2020
    Mixy has a tendency to hold specials. I've always found playing aggressive baits them. And you've gotta learn to dodge his spc2 which can be maddening sometimes even when you think you've got it down.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    I was just testing out a new Bot I'd gotten with RoK Mixmaster, and I noticed that the Mix AI is guaranteed to KO you, unless your Bot has Power Drain or is Jazz. There was a point towards the end of the Fight where Mix needed a few more hits to reach Sp3, and I was constantly blocking and dodging. Not very unusual, unless said evasive maneuvers last for SIX MINUTES. I find it ridiculous that most of one's Bots are guaranteed to fail as Mixmaster almost always hold his Power upto Sp3. This is highly unfair, and basically means that aside for a few select Bots the fight is rigged for you to lose. This isn't a "get good" scenario, it's straight up cheating. Can the AI please let out Special Attacks more frequently, as this would actually make the fights more fun and less of a chore? Thank you.

Edit: I am aware that other Bots can also be used to take out Mix, but the amount of time those Bots have to run all over the field and try to not get tagged by a Heavy is insanely high as compared to other AI controlled Bots, and this happens atleast once a match.

I agree with you. Jazz is OP.