Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Question on Rhinox's Sig

i can never understand how Rhinox's sig works, in particular when does it trigger, and how to fight him:

Passive: Rhinox ekes out extra performance from Shield Buffs, further reducing damage to 60% of the opponent's Attack Rating. When reducing the damage suffered by an attack, the extra strain causes them to explode, inflicting 52~160.9% Attack as Shock Damage.

- it CAN trigger with normal melee attacks
- it MAY trigger more with medium and critical melee attacks?
- it MAY trigger more if a melee attack buff is active?
- it ALMOST ALWAYS trigger with melee heavy and specials

So does it mean if i do NOT want it trigger at all (high level AM) then i HAVE to only melee him when he's blocking to remove the shield first?

Comments

• UmairKhan05UmairKhan05 Posts: 167
    As far as I have seen while fighting Rhinox is that his Overclock synergy triggers very less while I do Light Melee Attacks. But attacking him with melee attacks while he is blocking is ur safest bet. Using Scouts like Kickback and Sideswipe would be better as they can purify shocks or the best option Scout Bee ;)
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited June 2020
    MystaJay wrote: »
    i can never understand how Rhinox's sig works, in particular when does it trigger, and how to fight him:

Passive: Rhinox ekes out extra performance from Shield Buffs, further reducing damage to 60% of the opponent's Attack Rating. When reducing the damage suffered by an attack, the extra strain causes them to explode, inflicting 52~160.9% Attack as Shock Damage.

- it CAN trigger with normal melee attacks
    - it MAY trigger more with medium and critical melee attacks?
    - it MAY trigger more if a melee attack buff is active?
    - it ALMOST ALWAYS trigger with melee heavy and specials

So does it mean if i do NOT want it trigger at all (high level AM) then i HAVE to only melee him when he's blocking to remove the shield first?

It's based on your attack DAMAGE..why heavies and sp will 100% trigger. Scouts have a 50% chance for it to not trigger but #KabamRNG

It's under his abilities:
    While Rhinox's Shield is active, powerful enemy attacks cannot deal more than 80% of the opponent's Attack Rating in a single hit.
  • MeshatariMeshatari Posts: 11
    I thought Rhinox's signature triggers when Rhinox receives a critical hit.
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    Meshatari wrote: »
    I thought Rhinox's signature triggers when Rhinox receives a critical hit.

That usually does happen, because critical hits tend to deal more than 80% of base damage (60% if Rhinox's signature is awakened). But as Voltron stated, the trigger is the percent of your bot's base damage that the attack deals -- not whether or not it's a critical hit.