Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

"Guaranteed" away missions failing

TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hey Ksters,

I don't get this. I just had my third experience of an away mission failing when I dispatched a team that was "guaranteed".

I don't think it had anything to do with the sudden server crash; this is the third time I've experienced this. The last two times were about 6-8 weeks ago (they were within a few days of each other).

Does "guaranteed" actually guarantee the outcome of an away mission? If not, can you please change it to "almost guaranteed "?
If it does, I'll have the rewards for my rare gold mission thanks (I can't remember what the other two were).

Seriously though, is this a thing?

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I have also had it happen on very rare occasions.

Usually on rare or epic away missions. I remember when failing was common for guaranteed missions and they patched it.. might still be a minor glitch in the code somewhere that allows it to still happen.
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    Same here, got it a few times last month. I find that it seems to happen when the team was kinda of just slightly touching the Guarentee range (tried by switching between 2 bots with very close rating and same type and star) but it could just be a coincidence.
  • Hey Trailfire!

I'm going to ask the team to look into this. Do you remember any details of the Away Missions? If you remember what it was for (Arena Chips, Gold, etc.) or what rarity it was (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic)?
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Hey Trailfire!

I'm going to ask the team to look into this. Do you remember any details of the Away Missions? If you remember what it was for (Arena Chips, Gold, etc.) or what rarity it was (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic)?

This has been happening since beta, it is very rare but happens, and it can happen on all types of missions
  • Amano wrote: »
    Hey Trailfire!

This has been happening since beta, it is very rare but happens, and it can happen on all types of missions

We know that this was an issue quite some time ago during the Beta, but had pushed a fix that should have taken care of this problem, and then hadn't heard any reports of this since then. Has this been an ongoing thing that rears its ugly head every now and again, or did it just start happening again lately?
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Amano wrote: »
    Hey Trailfire!

We know that this was an issue quite some time ago during the Beta, but had pushed a fix that should have taken care of this problem, and then hadn't heard any reports of this since then. Has this been an ongoing thing that rears its ugly head every now and again, or did it just start happening again lately?

Its not very often because you're not supposed to fail, I've had it happen even after that fix maybe 5 times again not very often but when it's a rare or epic it kinda sucks Bc you just Wasted 2-4hours
  • Thanks Amano. If anybody else has anything to add here, please do! I'll be taking this over to the team right now.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam Miike

What I think might be happening, is the game reports to the player as the mission being "guaranteed" where as in reality it is actually "very high". This gives us a failure from time to time when we perceive it to have been a guarantee.

It happens so rarely that I think this may be a visual bug to the players in certain circumstances, depending on the away team sent.

And since it seems to align with only rare and epic missions which tend to require better bot teams, it makes sense.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Sorry for the delay. I'm GMT+10 so I went to sleep shortly after posting...

As others said, it's usually epic or rare missions.

What tends to happen is that I select some bots and if it says "very high", I remove the weakest bot and replace it with the next weakest available bot. If that's enough to get guaranteed, I send them off (always with at least one of the recommended bots).
    If it's not, I take out the weakest again and put in a stronger bot again (usually chosing the lowest available stronger bot).

So I'm often sending teams that are only just enough for "guaranteed" when it's a rare or epic mission. Common or uncommon missions I'm always comfortably above the requirement because its just less effort than scrolling down to a 1-2* bot

So I can't say for sure that it only happens on rare or epic, but I'm pretty certain it only happened to me so far in those cases. I know for sure I always send the recommended bot class if there is one. And I never start a mission that is t guaranteed (at least, not since week 1).

I think the one last night was a gold mission. I'm sure the game team will be able to see it pretty clearly in my account though (IGN is same as my forum name)

My guess is "guaranteed" actually triggers when the formulae goes over 99.5% or something so if it rounds up, it appears to be100% but actually isn't calculated that way. But that's just a guess and I'm no coder

Thanks for checking it out!
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam Miike happened to me last night for the first time ever.

a84qmpgkom8c.jpg