Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Event Time Start

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Can you clarify the new start times.

The in game mail is confusing as ever. If AM right now starts at 3 pm (EST).. 3 hours earlier is 12 pm (EST). The last remark about new events start at 9 am EST is confusing. What events? And it said many of the events.. which is considered one of the many.

It would be helpful to just list out the events.

Comments

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    sorry.. There's a lot of missing question marks in my post. I got bombarded with work emails, that's what I get trying to do two things at once.
  • Seb1976Seb1976 Posts: 77
    Agreed - very muddy communication
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Voltron wrote: »

Can you clarify the new start times.

The in game mail is confusing as ever. If AM right now starts at 3 pm (EST).. 3 hours earlier is 12 pm (EST). The last remark about new events start at 9 am EST is confusing. What events? And it said many of the events.. which is considered one of the many.

It would be helpful to just list out the events.

Spotlight mission event, mini event
  • Currently events are starting at 10am PDT/1pmEDT/12pm EST.
    We are moving the events to start at 7am PDT/10amEDT/9amEST.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Currently events are starting at 10am PDT/1pmEDT/12pm EST.

What was the reasoning behind this change?
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    JKL wrote: »

and needs of our team!

Thanks for the clarification, the last thing we want is to distract the team from other projects.
  • edited October 2019
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »

and needs of our team!

Thanks for the clarification, the last thing we want is to distract the team from other projects.
    Our team is not involved with any other projects. (Aside from some of the Community team, and our Writer)
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Whoohoo! ASIANZ might finally get some sleep y'all!
    I think the new timing is terrific. 9AM NYC, 9PM HK.
    1PM UK. And all the others in between.
    edited October 2019
    we should see a shift in arena rankings favoring players from timezone in & between India to China. This 3 hour bump let's them do a run at night, the morning, lunch (if desire) and 1-2 more after work. All in line with a typical adult schedule. 3-5 arena runs with zero work impact. no need to sneak play at work.

For us in North American...it's a 3 hours lost because that's the time we'll be at work or commuting to it, and our ability to do a morning one is gone. unless we play at lunch, and without sneak playing, the most we can get is 1-2 runs.

not sure how this benefits the AM. Sure certain zones can now start AM earlier but they will also be out for a longer part of the AM when most people are waiting for them to get back (the second half).

it's not hard to do a timezone compare. it is really to help the players?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I’m moving to Singapore just for arena purposes it sounds like. Does Kabam have a relocation package? Maybe just cover the cost to move my home furnishings and cars.
  • @Kabam Vydious
    Sorry Just need confirmation for my alliance. Due to these changes, alliance missions will start at what time?
    Currently alliance missions start 3pm est. is it changing to 12 pm est starting the 31st?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Currently events are starting at 10am PDT/1pmEDT/12pm EST.

I guess the timing of this change is -eh whatever- since I’ve pretty much given up doing arenas... and raids... and spotlight. And possibly maybe even alliance missions soon depending on stuff. So I’m okay with it.
  • Oh wonderful, now I know what's on the breakfast menu on EDT/EST. :lol:
  • I get your point @Voltron (and others), but I can't see why you wouldn't be able, mostly, to keep your usual arena playtime : it will just be not "synchronized" the same way with arena start and end. But who cares? Just sync the cooldown periods the way that fits best your real life.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Whoohoo! ASIANZ might finally get some sleep y'all!
    I think the new timing is terrific. 9AM NYC, 9PM HK.
    1PM UK. And all the others in between.

Problem when we talk about more sleep, though, is that many players from China and Japan have put the game to rest since they can't enjoy a fully translated, no garbled text version. Fix the server bug first if our demography weighs @Kabam Vydious .
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I don't mind it.. but then again some people actually care about the game
  • I personally love this change...events start at 1:00PM for me...I'm glad I no longer have to wait until then
  • Beastdad wrote: »
    Literally no one wants this change, especially your entire player base in the US.

For those that try to get in an extra Arena run in the morning, both east and west coast this flat out sucks.

Apologies, I am not thinking of those of you that do not work during normal business hours, but for those of us that work 9-5 in the US this is just lame.

I'm in the US and I love it
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    So, @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Vydious , since we moving up the start times of the Spotlight Missions three hours, shouldn't we getting information on the November Spotlight Missions and the Bots available for November, like... say... I don't know... now?

(I know, I know, you guys have until 7PM US EDT today, but I'm just asking anyways...)
  • Hey @Kabam Vydious , sorry to trouble you, is there any chance you could confirm the start time of alliance missions. I’m in the est time zone. Will alliance missions start 3 hours earlier (12pm est) or is it a different time?
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited October 2019
    The 7-day Mission Completion event starts 3 hours before the end of the current Spotlight.

Shall we understand that :
    * we will have 2 spotlights running in parallel for 3 hours
    * the current will be shortened
    * we will have to wait 3h before playing the new one to score in the event
    ?
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited October 2019
    The 7-day Mission Completion event starts 3 hours before the end of the current Spotlight.

?
    "Kabam Miike" "Kabam Vydious"

The 3 hours earlier thing is active on November 3rd as they said
  • How is this answering my question @Bntyhntr3232_ ?

hrxk9ejdjxqj.jpg

?

the 3 hour change starts 10/31. you should read the in-game mail again.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644

?

You again with the reading.... or lack thereof. ;)
  • What was it that happened Nov 3rd?

I thought it was the spotlight...I know a mod said SOMETHING about November 3rd...