Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

MAGNUS BUFF - Good or nah?

The title says it all! Is magnus any good now?

MAGNUS BUFF - Good or nah? 56 votes

Magnus is Good
57%
ManthroIronisgoodDeadSilenceChuck_CanuckSonerbabaAnakinPrimeDaveJLBodyopus79RizdallLatimustronBntyhntr3232_magnusprime777BlackRazakRed_EyesLarry1337BonesetterHUNHaİLLordKolsuzTechnobotOptimalOptimus_MV1Kitten 32 votes
Magnus is not Good
42%
GJonesCanuck33TsunamiBeastdadSynthwaveKillMasterCMufc14Inimitable713Bazzatron1979ParadoxFuryLouCypherjimbobthedogKIZILELMABlack_ThoughtShinokaizokuCrossidesHijacker2531afextwiniBKSneakyAutobotYT 24 votes

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Magnus is not Good
    He's still a bot who's kit revolves around taking damage and being used last on the team so you can actually utilize his sig. I would've liked to have seen a redo on his sig that utilized the combo meter instead, so he can be used anytime.

The chance to burn on heavies and sp2 is ok. His sp3 needed something permanent and his sp1 a chance to stun.

I still think he's gonna be fourth or fifth fiddle in the tac pool.
  • I don't know about "good" or "not good", but I *love* the addition of mechanics that make combat choices more meaningful. Actively increasing resistances through combos (instead of depending on getting attacked) gets a big thumbs- up from me, even if the actual impact on bot effectiveness is small. It's an *interesting* change!
  • Magnus is Good
    xuxp9xwjb2sb.png
    I think it's good, but he needs to have a bit more to be excellent.
  • Magnus is not Good
    What's the buff? Sorry, I haven't been able to play in weeks due to the shattered glass on my phone.
    (you see the pun? shattered glass? Hahahah, I need a new phone soon.)
  • Magnus is Good
    What's the buff? Sorry, I haven't been able to play in weeks due to the shattered glass on my phone.

ycicwwlxdsxx.png
  • Magnus is not Good

ycicwwlxdsxx.png
    Ah. Ngl, this buff is very vanilla. Just adding a little more control over your resistances and an armor break and burn on certain specials and heavies, overall, is not that important. While this is somewhat good, by no means does it mean I'm ranking up my Magnus.
  • DragmaDragma Posts: 70
    The buff does not seem to be active, he played no different then he did before, at least I did not notice a difference.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Why couldnt he get this buff before the halloween event when we needed more burn options is beyond me lol.
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited October 2019
    --- Edited
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Magnus is not Good
    The update taps into some of his problems we've been talking about, yet he still looks subpar. But I'll live with it. All those recent monthly buffs seem to be very conservative.
  • Magnus is Good
    I really like this update.. especially that armor break in sp1 :) And the sig update is nice too.
    I always wanted to rank him up, but now I will do It sooner then I thought :)
  • Magnus is Good
    So I just tested UM and he is absolutely killing it. Tried him on primal rotk!!!! His signature has improved alot .. I voted yes because he is much better than before. But still not a go to bot or a preferred choice.
  • Magnus is Good
    Ah yes, my favorite Armor Break effect: MS_ID_STAT_ULTRAM_SP1_ARMBREAK_2.
    0678avzscvq2.jpg

Jokes aside these buffs makes him much more of an asset than a liability in Arena for me now. Buffs appreciated.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    edited October 2019
    I have always liked Magnus but thought he needed an armor break on his sp1 and should have had a burn on any of his missle shots, have yet to use him since the update but am about to
    Magnus is not Good
    The update taps into some of his problems we've been talking about, yet he still looks subpar. But I'll live with it. All those recent monthly buffs seem to be very conservative.

I withdraw my comment. His buffs are great.

I would like to point out the light/medium combo thing is not very well stated. The way it's worded, it looks like Magnus can only switch resistance through combo. In fact, he can GAIN resistance from scratch through combo. I mean, you can stick to light combo to reach 10 stacks of melee resistance WITHOUT taking hits / blocking. That makes his kit very versatile. He's no longer that guy who blocks proactively.

And his burn, oh man: 55% chance to burn for 6 seconds at 80% attack, it shines way over Ironhide and Grimlock's heavy. You can adopt a heavy-weaving style at the start of the round, stick to sp1 and build resistance stack of your choice, when you have 10 stacks, switch to sp2, but that's in a long fight.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544

I withdraw my comment. His buffs are great.

I would like to point out the light/medium combo thing is not very well stated. The way it's worded, it looks like Magnus can only switch resistance through combo. In fact, he can GAIN resistance from scratch through combo. I mean, you can stick to light combo to reach 10 stacks of melee resistance WITHOUT taking hits / blocking. That makes his kit very versatile. He's no longer that guy who blocks proactively.

And his burn, oh man: 55% chance to burn for 6 seconds at 80% attack, it shines way over Ironhide and Grimlock's heavy. You can adopt a heavy-weaving style at the start of the round, stick to sp1 and build resistance stack of your choice, when you have 10 stacks, switch to sp2, but that's in a long fight.

Wow. That is looking good
  • Magnus is Good
    Watch out for him on AM now:P
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    edited October 2019
    Magnus is Good
    I always had a kinda love/hate laugh/cry relationship with the old boy. I never once got a 4 * Magnus in over 2 years of playing, and then he was like my 2nd ever 5 * and so of course I opened him seriously 4 times in a row. I learned to make the best of it, and I still prefer him over OGP in most AMs.
    But, am I taking crazy pills? Did he not have armor break on sp1 before? What's changed?
    Sorry, I don't always pay the most attention to the descriptions on the specials.
    Magnus is not Good
    Before the update, he couldn't apply armor break if the enemy doesn't have armor. Now he can at least apply one. @Bodyopus79
  • Magnus is Good
    Before the update, he couldn't apply armor break if the enemy doesn't have armor. Now he can at least apply one. @Bodyopus79

Oh! Ah-hah! Ok, thanks. That makes sense.
  • Magnus is Good
    I personally like him a lot! He can deal damage now and he can get some armor buffs without getting hit...

The burn and armor break are nice IMO...just a little extra damage to use...and the time they last...where the hell was this last month? XD
  • GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
    Magnus is Good
    It's not Great or Bad, but it is decent.
  • Magnus is Good
    Magnus is now better than starscream for sure. At least in my opinion. But his specials should be buffed a bit more, and he'll be brilliant.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Magnus is Good
    I've always liked Magnus. He's better now so it's all good to me
  • Magnus is Good
    Love the upgrade! Ultra Magnus was awesome before, and now he’s even better!!
    Thanks Kabam! 😁
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Magnus is Good
    The way I see it, a buff is a buff. So yeah he's been good
  • XRETROXRETRO Posts: 26
    Synthwave wrote: »
    He's still a bot who's kit revolves around taking damage and being used last on the team so you can actually utilize his sig. I would've liked to have seen a redo on his sig that utilized the combo meter instead, so he can be used anytime.

The chance to burn on heavies and sp2 is ok. His sp3 needed something permanent and his sp1 a chance to stun.

Me personally would’ve liked to see some sort of damage amplifier, As in maybe a 50% chance to apply an armour break on 5 hit combos, these armour breaks wouldn’t be long nor short, but just as long so they would be a considerable good damage boost, I would much have rather his SP2 have the stun because SP1 spamming would be pretty crazy with Magnus if he

• XRETROXRETRO Posts: 26
    XRETRO wrote: »
    Synthwave wrote: »

Me personally would’ve liked to see some sort of damage amplifier, As in maybe a 50% chance to apply an armour break on 5 hit combos, these armour breaks wouldn’t be long nor short, but just as long so they would be a considerable good damage boost, I would much have rather his SP2 have the stun because SP1 spamming would be pretty crazy with Magnus if he

*sigh* idk how I forgot to erase the rest of that thought, I started one and I couldn’t finish it, Apologizes