Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What Bot should be buffed next?

So some of the buffs we have gotten are decent, but there are still other bots that need buffs. Which bot should be buffed next?

What Bot should be buffed next? 57 votes

Hound
24%
Silent_AssassinTsunamiKillMasterCRE8BobnfloydbillygovolsBonesetterHUNDragmaBaRdYaAmNHijacker2531Primerprime5Decimus234Foul_Smell1lxnarscreqms 14 votes
Ramjet
10%
Chuck_CanuckHalloweendmBOFADAnakinPrimeBlackRazakBlaze_Kagami 6 votes
ROTF Megatron
15%
Gunz0DarkMatrixBntyhntr3232_d0gPiLeHaİLLordKolsuzScarredArachnid333Sycko5CarrotBoy2kGrandboubou 9 votes
Nemesis Prime
7%
KIZILELMAGroundwaveOptimalOptimus_MV1SneakyAutobotYT 4 votes
Bonecrusher
8%
BeastdadRocsolidBiomechronCrossidesVanjie 5 votes
Barricade
1%
JIMMY_SAB 1 vote
Soundwave
21%
GJonesDrShotgunDaveJLBlack_ThoughtMr_WonderfulPeasSlayerKenDeadMemeBoiSparkEaterKittenTransformator79 12 votes
Other
10%
M00NBodyopus79Larry1337NidRobhsb13Firebot 6 votes

Comments

• OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited November 2019
    Nemesis Prime
    For me, Hound DEFINITELY needs a larger buff, but I'm going to talk about Nemesis. Now, Nemesis is cool, and I'm very glad that i got him as a 5 star, but he really shines when the opponent has melee buffs. Anywhere else where the enemy generates no buffs or no melee buffs will take a long time for NP. I've seen a video of a 4 star NP vs ROK grindor, and it took 20 minutes to only take grindor down to 60ish percent hp. Another thing is that NP'S armor break from his SP2 is very short, and not that good. He should have it last longer, and be stronger. He should have his impulse cloner expand to other kinds of buffs, and have better armor breaks.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    ROTF Megatron
    I’m surprised that you actually put Barricade on this list considering he’s one of your fave Scouts and that you prefer him over the King of Warriors.

And as for Nemesis Prime, you guys are looking at him the wrong way. Similar to Tronus and Windblade, he’s drastically different from the other bots in his class.

While Magnus, Dinobot, Prime, Megs, Cyclonus & Screamer are designed to counter tanky bots, Bumblebee is designed to build up his attack buffs in exchange for his anti-brawler abilities. This fighting style is taken to the extreme with Nemesis’ skillset. His anti-buff abilities are absolute garbage, but his stats could skyrocket should he face any correct mods (Melee Timed, Melee Damage, Armor Timed, Armor, etc.). Therefore, using his SP2 really isn’t the best strategy, as it’ll consume a lot of his charges which should be used to trigger his Unblockable buff.

However, what makes him REALLY stand out from the others is his Life Steal ability. While the amount of health he actually gains back is quite low, this could be spammed along with his SP1, which grants him more Dark Energy instead of consuming them. You could spam his SP1 to get as much heal as possible while waiting for more dark energy charges to activate his SP3.
  • Nemesis Prime
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    I’m surprised that you actually put Barricade on this list considering he’s one of your fave Scouts and that you prefer him over the King of Warriors.

And as for Nemesis Prime, you guys are looking at him the wrong way. Similar to Tronus and Windblade, he’s drastically different from the other bots in his class.

While Magnus, Dinobot, Prime, Megs, Cyclonus & Screamer are designed to counter tanky bots, Bumblebee is designed to build up his attack buffs in exchange for his anti-brawler abilities. This fighting style is taken to the extreme with Nemesis’ skillset. His anti-buff abilities are absolute garbage, but his stats could skyrocket should he face any correct mods (Melee Timed, Melee Damage, Armor Timed, Armor, etc.). Therefore, using his SP2 really isn’t the best strategy, as it’ll consume a lot of his charges which should be used to trigger his Unblockable buff.

However, what makes him REALLY stand out from the others is his Life Steal ability. While the amount of health he actually gains back is quite low, this could be spammed along with his SP1, which grants him more Dark Energy instead of consuming them. You could spam his SP1 to get as much heal as possible while waiting for more dark energy charges to activate his SP3.

I agree that if Nemesis faces any buff mods that he can copy, he'll be fantastic. He is one of the best counters to ROTK primal, if not the best.The problem is when he DOESN'T. When he doesn't, he is a very dull bot. His life steal is good, and is great when NP copies a melee buff, but like you said, it doesn't give back much health otherwise. Though i suppose you could spam, it would take a while to. And what is the benefit of the unlockable buff? It's a nice thing, but i don't see it being very beneficial for Nemesis.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Barricade
    Not about need but certainly a want. Barry for president please. Let’s help him reclaim the Backfire belt. Double the duration.
  • Nemesis Prime
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Not about need but certainly a want. Barry for president please. Let’s help him reclaim the Backfire belt. Double the duration.

I agree, and increase the chance that barricades ranged will inflict backfire, by a small amount. He'll be great.
  • Nemesis Prime
    Firebot wrote: »
    DO SOMETHING FOR HOT ROD MAN!!!!

I think Hot rod is pretty good where he is. Though maybe have his ranged have a higher chance to inflict deceleration?
    ROTF Megatron
    Is that even a question?
    The Unblockable Attack buff isn’t just a nice thing for him, it’s an extremely nice thing for everyone. Imagine being in a fight against an extremely defensive AI, but the green fist icon shows up, and you get 7 seconds of invincibility, enough to do at least 2 combos.
    Nemesis’ case is special because he’s the first, and only one who can do it consistently. The only other 3 types of block breaks (from Tantrum, Beast Ancestry and Survival of the fittest) rely heavily on RNG.
    This buff is insanely powerful because it allows Nemesis to attack and combo the opponent whenever, and wherever you want
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited November 2019
    Firebot wrote: »
    DO SOMETHING FOR HOT ROD MAN!!!!

Agreed. I think his Deceleration debuff needs enhancing. It either needs a longer duration, higher chance to trigger and/or the ability to stack from basic ranged. At least one or maybe some combination.

Decleration/anti-evade is Hot Rod's thing yet the debuff is so short and you have to keep re-applying it. Compare it to Blaster's Interference, not only does it apply more often than Deceleration but it also lasts much longer.
    edited November 2019

Yeah, Barricade's Backfires seem so pitiful now compared to Scorponok's.
  • Hound
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

But barricade's backfire triggering also if the enemy blocked his ranged.. It's an important difference :)
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Hound
    Hounds been buffed but it's not enough, more damage over time for bleed and burn!
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Soundwave
    Hound should be forgotten, not buffed
    ROTF Megatron
    Kitten wrote: »
    Hound should be forgotten, not buffed

Kek
    Barricade

There should be a path to somehow get to 10 stacks of Backfire. You have to earn it for sure but make it a possibility. Maybe something like SP1 or SP3 doubles your existing stacks — of course make the duration longer too. Would love to see MixMaster die for using his SP3 after 8 stacks of Backfire drop 160k in health.

8lmf911goe7d.gif

ursl3kjyesma.gif

• ROTF Megatron
    A lot of people say hound is bad...but he is good against scorponok

ROTF tron is however legitimately worthless...there is no uses for him...he needs the buff...same for Bonecrusher and Barricade
  • Nemesis Prime

ROTF tron is however legitimately worthless...there is no uses for him...he needs the buff...same for Bonecrusher and Barricade

Ironic, considering that you love demo megatron. Demo Megs needs a buff, yes, but Hound is long due for a large buff. I hope when he is, he'll be a better warrior than arcee maybe.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Hound

For me who has a rank 4 5* Megatron, I wouldn't mind him having a buff.
    For me it would be giving his special 2 more uses like say consuming 1/3 of his impair charges per hit to do high crit damage or even just increasing the duration of the range buff he gets from it.
    And then there's the special 3, it's no different than a heavy in regards to damage, so maybe instead +3% crit damage per charge it's +5% crit damage.

Just rambling here but to summarise, I Agree.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Soundwave
    Because he's kinda left behind with all these OP tech bots out there like JF, Shock, WJ, Mirage, Nox.

And for the people about to tell me about his power gain.
    Please that's just one ability he has , besides it's not even that effective and he Hits like a pillow !
  • ROTF Megatron

Ironic, considering that you love demo megatron. Demo Megs needs a buff, yes, but Hound is long due for a large buff. I hope when he is, he'll be a better warrior than arcee maybe.

It's also ironic that you chose nemesis seeing as he's your favorite bot
  • Hound

If you have thundercracker, backfire is about as dangerous as a one stars special attack. So i can see why you’d want to buff barricade.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited November 2019
    Nemesis Prime

It's also ironic that you chose nemesis seeing as he's your favorite bot

He's not, actually. 'Love him, and he's one of my favorites, but he isn't my top one. That belongs to a different bot.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Soundwave
    Soundwave needs a little tweak. His sig ability is kinda useless as a 5* as it's really difficult to increase it to any meaningful level and after that, he doesn't hit too hard and his movements and punish off his heavy attack is pitiful
    edited November 2019

But barricade's backfire triggering also if the enemy blocked his ranged.. It's an important difference :)

Yeah I'll take Scorponok's Backfires any day. Yes you have to fill a bar of power to get one but at least it's 100% guaranteed you get one and they last "forever" sans signature, not to mention the additional utility you can get out of multiple Backfires expiring simultaneously.

Barricade's are a pain to apply, 20% is pretty low even if you can do it while they're blocking. I don't use him so much anymore but it's not unusual for me to have to hit the opponent many many times (even 10-15) just to get even one Backfire to stick and then if they don't use a special you went through all that trouble for nothing. Yes you can get a longer one with a SP1 but it's still shorter than Scorponok's and gives no utility if it expires. Plus with Scorponok you get one with every bar of power you fill no matter how much you have saved up.

Also, compare to Jazz, use a SP3 once and you get a Backfire for the entire fight, no need to go through the trouble you have to go through with Barricade.

Maybe Barricade should apply Backfires with his SP3, might make him a more intriguing option.
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Soundwave needs a little tweak. His sig ability is kinda useless as a 5* as it's really difficult to increase it to any meaningful level and after that, he doesn't hit too hard and his movements and punish off his heavy attack is pitiful

I think if he had a 100% chance to Power Leak with his SP1 that'd already be something! Maybe even 100% chance to Power Lock with his SP3 could be an option as well.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Soundwave
    I think Soundwave hasn't had any attention in a really long time.
    He's supposed to be a formidable opponent, and while he still can be,he needs an update.
    I also think Kickback should heal a little when he consumes a buff.
  • Hound

Yeah I'll take Scorponok's Backfires any day. Yes you have to fill a bar of power to get one but at least it's 100% guaranteed you get one and they last "forever" sans signature, not to mention the additional utility you can get out of multiple Backfires expiring simultaneously.

Barricade's are a pain to apply, 20% is pretty low even if you can do it while they're blocking. I don't use him so much anymore but it's not unusual for me to have to hit the opponent many many times (even 10-15) just to get even one Backfire to stick and then if they don't use a special you went through all that trouble for nothing. Yes you can get a longer one with a SP1 but it's still shorter than Scorponok's and gives no utility if it expires. Plus with Scorponok you get one with every bar of power you fill no matter how much you have saved up.

Also, compare to Jazz, use a SP3 once and you get a Backfire for the entire fight, no need to go through the trouble you have to go through with Barricade.

Maybe Barricade should apply Backfires with his SP3, might make him a more intriguing option.

But.. Barricade is an entirely different class and character from scorponok..

It's like you compare Ironhide with Sideswipe because of the burn. SS has weaker burn than IH, so IH is better? :)

Barricade has high crit chance because of his class..crit rate buff, power steal and evade..

So you want every bot with same abilities? All stun/power leak/burn etc. must be the same power, just the abilities layout must be varied between bots?

Jazz has crit buff too, evade too, backfire too. The only thing that they different is that confusion+stun chance and sp3 lock (Barricade has the power steal, so he can avoid sp3 too)
    The difference is mostly the chance of crit, chance to evade... the abilities are differently tweaked. That's the point. Yes scorponok has longer duration backfires, but no need to every bots bf get the same time and after effect.
    Scorponok has class advantage against Barricade, his backfire can stun him after the backfires timed out so he can attack him even is barry has the evade buff after the heavy.. and the ranged misses on sp1 can help scorponok too.

20% is enough I think.. If you shoot 3 times, you have 60% chance to get at least 1 backfire with barricade..

Maybe give him a crit resist debuff on heavy (like confusion from Jazz) :) That will be useful I think
    Barricade
    We are getting off track here....back to buffing Barry. Let’s just make him the best Scout in the game already. We all want that, right? Let’s add the following to his kit:

1. Backfire applies 100% of the time
    2. Stacks up to 10
    3. Stacks last 5 minutes each
    4. Permanent Backfire with SP3 that doubles any current stacks, so if you have 3 applied it becomes 6.
    5. Power drain with his SP1 in addition to his Backfire being applied. To make him on par with Shockwave and Prowl, the SP1 drains a full bar.
    6. Heal 30% when Evade triggers.
    7. Power Lock for 12 seconds when you land a heavy. Increase it to 60 seconds with Grindor synergy. Both have unlimited use and not just on the first heavy of the fight.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited November 2019
    ROTF Megatron
    We are getting off track here....back to buffing Barry. Let’s just make him the best Scout in the game already. We all want that, right? Let’s add the following to his kit:

2. Stacks up to 10
    4. Permanent Backfire with SP3 that doubles any current stacks, so if you have 3 applied it becomes 6.
    5. Power drain with his SP1 in addition to his Backfire being applied. To make him on par with Shockwave and Prowl, the SP1 drains a full bar.
    7. Power Lock for 12 seconds when you land a heavy. Increase it to 60 seconds with Grindor synergy. Both have unlimited use and not just on the first heavy of the fight.

30% when the Evade triggers!? Hell no!!!
    And with the grindor synergy...60 second power lock!?!?!?! Are you insane!?!?!
    edited November 2019
    Barricade

2. Stacks up to 10

30% when the Evade triggers!? Hell no!!!
    And with the grindor synergy...60 second power lock!?!?!?! Are you insane!?!?!

Well, if you never get knocked down than that’s heal probably won’t trigger. Just follow that same approach when fighting him.

Power Lock with Grindor synergy should be the 90 seconds than. Bayformers, assemble!!!