Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What Bot should be buffed next?

Comments

• OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited November 2019
    Nemesis Prime
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    We are getting off track here....back to buffing Barry. Let’s just make him the best Scout in the game already. We all want that, right? Let’s add the following to his kit:

1. Backfire applies 100% of the time
    2. Stacks up to 10
    3. Stacks last 5 minutes each
    4. Permanent Backfire with SP3 that doubles any current stacks, so if you have 3 applied it becomes 6.
    5. Power drain with his SP1 in addition to his Backfire being applied. To make him on par with Shockwave and Prowl, the SP1 drains a full bar.
    6. Heal 30% when Evade triggers.
    7. Power Lock for 12 seconds when you land a heavy. Increase it to 60 seconds with Grindor synergy. Both have unlimited use and not just on the first heavy of the fight.

That's an overpowered Barricade... I like it! But if he can't be that way, i would suggest some edits. Maybe instead of 5min, it lasts 1 minute? Power lock lasts for 7 seconds, and the grindor synergy makes it last for 15 seconds. Overall, some good suggestions, but it kinda seems like your being sarcastic, so are you serious about barricades buff?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Barricade
    We are getting off track here....back to buffing Barry. Let’s just make him the best Scout in the game already. We all want that, right? Let’s add the following to his kit:

2. Stacks up to 10
    4. Permanent Backfire with SP3 that doubles any current stacks, so if you have 3 applied it becomes 6.
    5. Power drain with his SP1 in addition to his Backfire being applied. To make him on par with Shockwave and Prowl, the SP1 drains a full bar.
    7. Power Lock for 12 seconds when you land a heavy. Increase it to 60 seconds with Grindor synergy. Both have unlimited use and not just on the first heavy of the fight.

That's an overpowered Barricade... I like it! But if he can't be that way, i would suggest some edits. Maybe instead of 5min, it lasts 1 minute? Power lock lasts for 7 seconds, and the grindor synergy makes it last for 15 seconds. Overall, some good suggestions, but it kinda seems like your being sarcastic, so are you serious about barricades buff?

Yes, I am being sarcastic here but I’ll gladly take a Barricade buff.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Not about need but certainly a want. Barry for president please. Let’s help him reclaim the Backfire belt. Double the duration.

Yeah, Barricade's Backfires seem so pitiful now compared to Scorponok's.

But barricade's backfire triggering also if the enemy blocked his ranged.. It's an important difference :)

Yeah I'll take Scorponok's Backfires any day. Yes you have to fill a bar of power to get one but at least it's 100% guaranteed you get one and they last "forever" sans signature, not to mention the additional utility you can get out of multiple Backfires expiring simultaneously.

Barricade's are a pain to apply, 20% is pretty low even if you can do it while they're blocking. I don't use him so much anymore but it's not unusual for me to have to hit the opponent many many times (even 10-15) just to get even one Backfire to stick and then if they don't use a special you went through all that trouble for nothing. Yes you can get a longer one with a SP1 but it's still shorter than Scorponok's and gives no utility if it expires. Plus with Scorponok you get one with every bar of power you fill no matter how much you have saved up.

Also, compare to Jazz, use a SP3 once and you get a Backfire for the entire fight, no need to go through the trouble you have to go through with Barricade.

Maybe Barricade should apply Backfires with his SP3, might make him a more intriguing option.

But.. Barricade is an entirely different class and character from scorponok..

It's like you compare Ironhide with Sideswipe because of the burn. SS has weaker burn than IH, so IH is better? :)

Barricade has high crit chance because of his class..crit rate buff, power steal and evade..

So you want every bot with same abilities? All stun/power leak/burn etc. must be the same power, just the abilities layout must be varied between bots?

Jazz has crit buff too, evade too, backfire too. The only thing that they different is that confusion+stun chance and sp3 lock (Barricade has the power steal, so he can avoid sp3 too)
    The difference is mostly the chance of crit, chance to evade... the abilities are differently tweaked. That's the point. Yes scorponok has longer duration backfires, but no need to every bots bf get the same time and after effect.
    Scorponok has class advantage against Barricade, his backfire can stun him after the backfires timed out so he can attack him even is barry has the evade buff after the heavy.. and the ranged misses on sp1 can help scorponok too.

20% is enough I think.. If you shoot 3 times, you have 60% chance to get at least 1 backfire with barricade..

Maybe give him a crit resist debuff on heavy (like confusion from Jazz) :) That will be useful I think

As evidenced by the first sentence in the post you are replying to here, "Yeah I'll take Scorponok's Backfires any day" I was just comparing Backfires not bots.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited November 2019
    Ramjet
    Barricade: Fix his stacked backfire. SP3 causes 2sec shock.

Demotron: Bleed SP1, Burn SP2, Dark Burn SP3. Heavy +33% chance of D Burn. He's utterly useless vs Rhinox, WJ.

Bonecrusher: 100% chance bleed SP1. Anti evade SP2 + Bleed.

Ramjet: Since his SP2 is highly hit & miss, let his basic ranged, melees trigger anti-evade. 25% chance.

G1 Megs: With Full Bar(s), block activates energon field (it's canon!), absorbing energy (steal).

Motormaster: Swordmaster synergy, SP1 causes armor break/repair block. 3x heavies gives him "impenetrable/anti bleed hull" for a few (6?) seconds. It's in the cartoon. But if he heavies vs prime, prime always wins (sigh).

Soundwave: SP2 causes shock (mild) AND T-Cog damage for 4.5sec. SP1 shock/power block.

Kickback: Heal 1.5% when debuff is consumed. SP3 causes shock (2.5seconds).

Rhinox: SP3 heals 3%. Increased bleed chance with SP1.

Cyclonus: SP2, 3 purifies (SP3 also heals 3%).

Hotrod: SP2 causes bleed/shock; chance: 50% @ 2sec.

Ironhide: SP2 adds melee damage for 6 seconds, but also causes self-T-Cog damage for 3sec.

Not game breaking, IMO.
    edited November 2019
    Nemesis Prime
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Demotron: Bleed SP1, Burn SP2, Dark Burn SP3. Heavy +33% chance of D Burn. He's utterly useless vs Rhinox, WJ.

Ramjet: Since his SP2 is highly hit & miss, let his basic ranged, melees trigger anti-evade. 25% chance.

G1 Megs: With Full Bar(s), block activates energon field (it's canon!), absorbing energy (steal).

Motormaster: Swordmaster synergy, SP1 causes armor break/repair block. 3x heavies gives him "impenetrable/anti bleed hull" for a few (6?) seconds. It's in the cartoon. But if he heavies vs prime, prime always wins (sigh).

Soundwave: SP2 causes shock (mild) AND T-Cog damage for 4.5sec. SP1 shock/power block.

Ironhide: SP2 adds melee damage for 6 seconds, but also causes self-T-Cog damage for 3sec.

Not game breaking, IMO.

For ironhide, no, taking damage from your own special sucks, even if you do get a buff for some time. Barricade could use more of a buff, but he had some good buff suggestions from earlier.Bonecrusher should bleed all the time with he crits with melee, or when he heavies. Overall, some pretty solid buff suggestions.
    edited November 2019
    Nemesis Prime
    Maybe some unpopular suggestions, but i think OGP and mv1 could have some small buffs:
    OGP:
    When blocking, Armor lasts longer. It only lasts like 2 seconds; not really a good armor buff.
    Heal synergy with ratchet has a larger chance to trigger at lower health. I think it triggers way too little then it should.

Mv1: Willpower applies to ALL debuffs+ increased effectiveness.
    Melee buffs last longer.
    Better synergies.

And before the people think im biased for mv1, im not. Im just suggesting something that could make mv1 good against all dot bots, not just bleeders. I don't think these are gamebreaking at all.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited November 2019
    Ramjet

Not game breaking, IMO.

For ironhide, no, taking damage from your own special sucks, even if you do get a buff for some time. Barricade could use more of a buff, but he had some good buff suggestions from earlier.Bonecrusher should bleed all the time with he crits with melee, or when he heavies. Overall, some pretty solid buff suggestions.

@OptimalOptimus_MV1 with IH, i was referencing his T-Cog damage from MTMTE '84.
    "There's a fine line between being a hero and being a memory."

His SP2 is already hardcore, plus the new 6sec melee damage (+20%) forces you to brawl (like he loves to in all media) instead of spamming heavies.
    Just a T-Cog induced 2 second stun if he tries to transform, for 3 seconds.

I based all of this on their actual media representations.

Whilst not overpowering any one bot, ala Tronus.
    edited November 2019
    Nemesis Prime

Not game breaking, IMO.

@OptimalOptimus_MV1 with IH, i was referencing his T-Cog damage from MTMTE '84.
    "There's a fine line between being a hero and being a memory."

His SP2 is already hardcore, plus the new 6sec melee damage (+20%) forces you to brawl (like he loves to in all media) instead of spamming heavies.

I based all of this on their actual media representations.

Whilst not overpowering any one bot, ala Tronus.

Interesting, however, it wouldn't be good if someone wanted to take IH to ROK/ROTK, because the damage could just whittle IH down if a player uses special 2s. How much damage would the t cog debuff do?

Edit: Is it the tcog debuff that you can get if kickback heavies you? Because if it is, my statements about IH are not valid anymore.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200

2. Stacks up to 10

30% when the Evade triggers!? Hell no!!!
    And with the grindor synergy...60 second power lock!?!?!?! Are you insane!?!?!

I hope you realise he's joking. Because he is.
    ...right?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    🤐
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Barricade
    iBK wrote: »

2. Stacks up to 10

...right?

Yes yes. I know most of the stuff I outlined is out of scope. I just miss using Barricade and want him back in the fold.
  • Soundwave
    Maybe some unpopular suggestions, but i think OGP and mv1 could have some small buffs:
    OGP:
    When blocking, Armor lasts longer. It only lasts like 2 seconds; not really a good armor buff.
    Heal synergy with ratchet has a larger chance to trigger at lower health. I think it triggers way too little then it should.

Melee buffs last longer.
    Better synergies.

And before the people think im biased for mv1, im not. Im just suggesting something that could make mv1 good against all dot bots, not just bleeders. I don't think these are gamebreaking at all.

I dare say ogp armour is more for the ai than the player. 9/10 times you throw a heavy against him, he’ll get that armour buff up before he’s hit. Having mv1 length armour buff would be unbalanced. Mv1 gets it as a brawler. Ogp can keep his as like rhinox shields, it’s more for the ai to use rather than the player.
  • ROTF Megatron

2. Stacks up to 10

...right?

Acting like you don't understand a joke is the best joke :P
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    ROTF Megatron
    In addition to these heavily underpowered bots, there are some bots I have in mind that really need rebalances to keep up with the game’s meta. Now now, this is MY and only MINE, PERSONAL opinions based on my experiences with the game

(Deep breath)

Jazz: Unique Synergy with Optimus will still grant him permanent Attack buffs, but now these buffs will travel with him from fight-to-fight, kinda like Persistent charges in MCOC, allowing him to get 30 buffs when he faces the final boss. Speaking of 30 buffs, why just remove the attack buff cap. This’ll help him keep up with such gods as Bonecrusher, Grindor and Soundwave

Drift: Horrible bleed damage, horrible crit damage. I suggest remove the Focus ability entirely and let him have all 3 buffs available at the start of the fight, because I just CAN’T get pass 5 combos no matter how hard I try. As for the bleed effect, either make them last indefinitely or increase the damage to, say 150% over 3 seconds. And make his bleeds 100% guaranteed on critical hits.

And finally, Megatronus, hands down, the WORST bot in the game. What I think they should do with him is giving all the abilities available in the game. Just give him Backfire, Repair Block, Power Lock, DOT Purification, Buff Steal, Crit Armor, etc.

And before the people think im biased for Tronus, im not. Im just suggesting something that could make Tronus good against all bots, not just 4* bots from Expert spotligt. I don't think these rebalance changes are gamebreaking at all.

There are still many bots that need a buff, such as Shockwave, Tantrum, Arcee; but I’ll get into them later.
    edited November 2019
    Nemesis Prime
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    In addition to these heavily underpowered bots, there are some bots I have in mind that really need rebalances to keep up with the game’s meta. Now now, this is MY and only MINE, PERSONAL opinions based on my experiences with the game

(Deep breath)

Jazz: Unique Synergy with Optimus will still grant him permanent Attack buffs, but now these buffs will travel with him from fight-to-fight, kinda like Persistent charges in MCOC, allowing him to get 30 buffs when he faces the final boss. Speaking of 30 buffs, why just remove the attack buff cap. This’ll help him keep up with such gods as Bonecrusher, Grindor and Soundwave

Drift: Horrible bleed damage, horrible crit damage. I suggest remove the Focus ability entirely and let him have all 3 buffs available at the start of the fight, because I just CAN’T get pass 5 combos no matter how hard I try. As for the bleed effect, either make them last indefinitely or increase the damage to, say 150% over 3 seconds. And make his bleeds 100% guaranteed on critical hits.

And finally, Megatronus, hands down, the WORST bot in the game. What I think they should do with him is giving all the abilities available in the game. Just give him Backfire, Repair Block, Power Lock, DOT Purification, Buff Steal, Crit Armor, etc.

And before the people think im biased for Tronus, im not. Im just suggesting something that could make Tronus good against all bots, not just 4* bots from Expert spotligt. I don't think these rebalance changes are gamebreaking at all.

There are still many bots that need a buff, such as Shockwave, Tantrum, Arcee; but I’ll get into them later.

Your mocking is not necessary, nor appreciated. I had clearly stated i suggested those buffs not because i was biased, which i am not.
  • ROTF Megatron

(Deep breath)

Your mocking is not necessary, nor appreciated. I had clearly stated i suggested those buffs not because i was biased, which i am not.

Gunz0 is just being an idiot! As usual!
    (Jk Gunz0 you're cool XD)
  • Ramjet
    I chose Ramjet just because it seems to me like he's lacking somewhere. I can't really put my finger on it, but every time I play him, I feel like there should be something more to him.

Hound sucks too much to have improvements done to bring him out of the suck without almost completely redoing the character. May as well make him the G1 Hound and give him holograms to use in the fight to confuse enemies.

I'm not sure MV2 needs a buff. Or Barricade. Both of them work just fine the way they are. Soundwave probably could use some updating, but he's not as in need of updates as much as other characters. Nemesis definitely could use some improvements. I know he's not exactly bad, and I know I'm far from an expert on him, but to me, he's boring as hell to play with, and is a far sight from making me feel like he's a big bad boss on the level of big bads like Megatron, Galvatron or Megatronus. To me, he's kind of the Ultra Magnus of bad guys.
  • ROTF Megatron

2. Stacks up to 10

...right?

Yes yes. I know most of the stuff I outlined is out of scope. I just miss using Barricade and want him back in the fold.

Same, man.

He was my first 3 Star in the game, so I have some very fond memories with him. I remember when I saw his Ranged Heavy for the first time and thought it was the best in the game. I remember the laughs we had when someone would Backfire themselves to death. It was good times.

Then I remember forging him and his 4 star counterpart into my Cheetor. To put it in simple terms, he outlived his usefulness.

I don't really have a clear vision of how he should be, (cause he's already a very complex bot, imo) so this is all of the junk I can spew out.

Backfire:
    Two Options:
    ¤Barricade gains +X% Critical Rating.
    ¤Backfire decreases Opponent's Power Rating by X% Then again, this ability would be contradictory to his other abilities (Critical Damage, Power Steal).

-Heavy Attacks:
    •Critical Hits cause Shock, dealing 40% of Attack over 4 seconds.

SP3:
    Two Options:
    ¤Detonates 1 Backfire Debuff while refreshing the rest.
    ¤Refreshes All Backfire Debuffs. Applies a Confusion Debuff, increasing the chance that the Opponent would activate a Special Attack by 40%.
  • KenKen Posts: 53
    Soundwave
    Soundwaves playstyle is weird. Idk it's just me I guess
  • Nemesis Prime
    Ken wrote: »
    Soundwaves playstyle is weird. Idk it's just me I guess

How is it weird? His fighting style is similar to other bots. And at high sig, you could block for a good chance to reflect ranged.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Soundwave
    OGP:

Melee buffs last longer.
    Better synergies.

Is this for real? 😂😂😂😂
    Good joke !
  • Nemesis Prime
    Slayer wrote: »
    OGP:

Melee buffs last longer.
    Better synergies.

Is this for real? 😂😂😂😂
    Good joke !

You don't need to be a bloody jerk. I said it could be unpopular, so that gives you no reason to be rude.
  • Nemesis Prime
    Can anyone tell me what buffs could make Hound a better bot? His sig is decent, but perhaps better burns and damage?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    ROTF Megatron
    Can anyone tell me what buffs could make Hound a better bot? His sig is decent, but perhaps better burns and damage?

More Burn-based mods in Spotlight/AM like Pyrophobia and Burn It. That’ll make Hound one of the best bots in the game
  • Nemesis Prime

More Burn-based mods in Spotlight/AM like Pyrophobia and Burn It. That’ll make Hound one of the best bots in the game

Those mods would have a higher chance of ramjet being used than hound though.
  • Nemesis Prime
    Though i think Nemesis Prime deserves buffs a bit more,I have some buff suggestions for soundwave:

Special 1 power leaks 100% +stun for 1 sec
    Special 3 power leaks and stuns 100%.
    Stun and power leak lasts slightly longer. (Leak for 5 sec, stun for 3.5 sec.)
    +increased damage