Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Most underrated characters?

Imo starscream is one of them. I love his nullify ability and the way he makes bots like primal run and scream in terror. Who do you guys think are the most underrated characters?

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Hound, Mixmaster, Soundwave, Mirage, Arcee.

All underrated.
    Most overrated would be a better subject. Let's talk about OG Prime...
    CandKane wrote: »
    Hound has, thus far, really failed to impress me. I got him as a 4* almost as soon as he got added to the general pool, and thought, "Cool! A 4* warrior Autobot!" (I still don't have Arcee higher than 3* and hadn't pulled Hot Rod yet).
    And...he's terrible. To the point that I'd rather take that 3* Arcee on missions. But that's not what we're here for. Most underrated...Arcee definitely counts, that fembot is scary when she starts shooting. Mixmaster is another underrated bot, but to be fair he really needs his sig to shine. Up until recently, I would've said Ultra Magnus was THE most underrated bot, but it seems like others have finally caught on that he's the greatest anti-Brawler bot in the game.

What level do you play at? I can't help but fee opinions differ at different levels of difficulty
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    DaveJL wrote: »
    You can put overrated or underrated if you want. But how is OG overrated?!?

• DaveJL wrote: »
    Hound has, thus far, really failed to impress me. I got him as a 4* almost as soon as he got added to the general pool, and thought, "Cool! A 4* warrior Autobot!" (I still don't have Arcee higher than 3* and hadn't pulled Hot Rod yet).
    And...he's terrible. To the point that I'd rather take that 3* Arcee on missions. But that's not what we're here for. Most underrated...Arcee definitely counts, that fembot is scary when she starts shooting. Mixmaster is another underrated bot, but to be fair he really needs his sig to shine. Up until recently, I would've said Ultra Magnus was THE most underrated bot, but it seems like others have finally caught on that he's the greatest anti-Brawler bot in the game.

What level do you play at? I can't help but fee opinions differ at different levels of difficulty

Low level Map 3, around 10-15 last time I was in an alliance, so yeah I may just need to practice with him. With 4* Hot Rod and now my 5* Drift though, it just feels like a chore to play as Hound.
  • Sycko5 wrote: »
    Imo starscream is one of them. I love his nullify ability and the way he makes bots like primal run and scream in terror. Who do you guys think are the most underrated characters?

Your wrong. He isn’t underrated is kind of sucks. I’ve got my ss 5* r3 almost Forged all the way and dupe 20. Not good buddy. Needs a buff ASAP!
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Sycko5 wrote: »

Your wrong. He isn’t underrated is kind of sucks. I’ve got my ss 5* r3 almost Forged all the way and dupe 20. Not good buddy. Needs a buff ASAP!

Well he isn’t for everyone. Technically I’m not wrong since it’s my opinion but he seems to fit my play style.
  • Sycko5 wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    You can put overrated or underrated if you want. But how is OG overrated?!?

Because Everyone is crazed about him, people bloat him, try to take him everywhere, although against Brawlers except MM, he sucks, His sign does nothing but fuel Brawlers Bleed Abilities: Gives MV1 power, Grim Melee buffs, Heals primal.
    And Grindors Crit debuffs can suppress him easily.
    He's a great bot, but totally overrated
  • Idk how ppl feel about him but where i’m at Hot Rod has been awesome. No one ever mentioned him much when i started a few months ago. I take a 3/30 3* on every raid and he’s been great against evaders. I really like his play. It’s fast and loose. Awesome situational and general bot.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Idk how ppl feel about him but where i’m at Hot Rod has been awesome. No one ever mentioned him much when i started a few months ago. I take a 3/30 3* on every raid and he’s been great against evaders. I really like his play. It’s fast and loose. Awesome situational and general bot.

Hot Rod is my top warrior. On spotlights he's invaluable against evaders but I r5'd hip to fight Cheetor in AM....HUGE mistake on my part. He's a great bot once you figure out how to play him, but I feel it's time he gets a tweak. His deceleration needs to stack and needs to last longer. His critical stacks also need to last longer.
  • Now try to play OG with Ratchet and come back to tell me than he's overrated
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    TheWolf wrote: »
    Now try to play OG with Ratchet and come back to tell me than he's overrated

The proc chance is extremely low, 10 heavies and no repair even at 20% health
  • Gunz0 wrote: »

You have to do it when there are no atrack buffs when rolling out.
  • Gunz0 wrote: »

For me under 50% the first heavie of a fight always give me 10% repair. In Am, when OG run under 50% its almost always 2 repairs by fight.
    For example, this week end I put 1500hp to revive OG, it was like at 5%. 4 fights later he was at 60%.

right, but as a stand alone bot, he is severely overrated. Yes he has some awesome synergies - news flash, so does Hound. Not everyone has ratchet and not everyone has to rely on or need that synergy or even values Ratchet more highly than say Prowl. Similarly, to complete the trifecta let's talk about the other overrated bot, Ironhide. On par with Ramjet I think, and they are maybe only above average. Galvatron reigns supreme over the demo class and Demotron, whilst sucking, has some utility. Mixmaster has more utility than IH and Ramjet, as does Wasp, so IH is bottom of the pile for me...

Prime can hit hard, but that's all. He doesn't have any actual utility. He's a fun and fast bot to play and he can hit hard and deal good dps against opponents who will bleed freely, but his utility is all in synergy.
  • Wasp is very underrated, he's like god while under 50% ,just play carefully. Demotron is very useful in case you don't a counter ability for an opponent, he's great in CRIT control lanes, good for. Melee as well as ranged.

While MAGNUS is most underrated among tacts, he is still the greatest Anti-Brawler bots, and, for me, he's most effective against Tact Bee.

For Brawlers, There seems no underrated one, but Grim is highly overrated.

In warrior, Arcee is suffering underrating. She fills power quite fast with crits, her headshots are nightmares, her sign synergize with her complete ability set and prevents all kind of evades. Her ranged evade is verrryy forgiving.

For scouts, I have Prowl, Cheetor, Jazz, Bee at r4, which are not underrated. While jazz is under useful. Kickback seems to face underrating.

Techs, underrated? I'll say SoundWave is quite overrated, and blaster seems to underrated.
  • DovahKingDovahKing Posts: 60
    edited September 2018

Magnus is one of my top bots, had him since i was level 15 never thought dufferently of him definitely underrated, cant wait to dupe his 3 star, hes my first 3 star ever and i have yet to dupe him, but i also cant wait to get him as a 4 or 5 star, that way he can be put back on my main team
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Idk how ppl feel about him but where i’m at Hot Rod has been awesome. No one ever mentioned him much when i started a few months ago. I take a 3/30 3* on every raid and he’s been great against evaders. I really like his play. It’s fast and loose. Awesome situational and general bot.

Hot Rod is my top warrior. On spotlights he's invaluable against evaders but I r5'd hip to fight Cheetor in AM....HUGE mistake on my part. He's a great bot once you figure out how to play him, but I feel it's time he gets a tweak. His deceleration needs to stack and needs to last longer. His critical stacks also need to last longer.

Those crit stacks do seem to be gone before you’re able to use them. And i’ve stacked decel but only thru range/m/sp2. then i can get 2 up.
  • Big boy hound is underrated
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    Hot Rod is seriously underrated
  • Firebot wrote: »
    Hot Rod is seriously underrated

This is an old thread
  • Wasp is very underrated, he's like god while under 50% ,just play carefully. Demotron is very useful in case you don't a counter ability for an opponent, he's great in CRIT control lanes, good for. Melee as well as ranged.

While MAGNUS is most underrated among tacts, he is still the greatest Anti-Brawler bots, and, for me, he's most effective against Tact Bee.

For Brawlers, There seems no underrated one, but Grim is highly overrated.

In warrior, Arcee is suffering underrating. She fills power quite fast with crits, her headshots are nightmares, her sign synergize with her complete ability set and prevents all kind of evades. Her ranged evade is verrryy forgiving.

For scouts, I have Prowl, Cheetor, Jazz, Bee at r4, which are not underrated. While jazz is under useful. Kickback seems to face underrating.

Techs, underrated? I'll say SoundWave is quite overrated, and blaster seems to underrated.

Blaster is only underrated because he’s competing with bots like shockwave and rhinox. That and it takes some skill to use his sig effectively.
  • I think Dinobot is really underrated

Dinobot SP1 spam all the way

I personally use him and Agree
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Do I even need to say it?
  • PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    Do I even need to say it?

No, you've said it far too many times already.
  • Underrated definitely Mixmaster. Hes a beast and can take on bots many times his size.