Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Skill INCONSISTENCIES

BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
General Enquiry to the community:
Anyone here have skill dropoff between modes?
i.e. proficiency at raids, spotlight (master), arenas, etc. but a general weakness at say AM?
Am I the only plonker with this issue?

I am capable of RoK with R3 5s and R5 4s, can do master with those as well, and am capable of raiding 65-80K bases with 100% proficiency.
Arenas I can grind to around 50x streak with my 42 bots.
But AM...not so terrific. A squad of 4.5K R3 barely scrapes thru AM 3.30 (I kill Tronus, usually without revives).

When i see those iNightskies or similar videos i feel incredibly inadequate, but only during AM battles. It's like i can't consistently anticipate the AI, but only for AM. What gives.

Would love some feedback.
Tagged:

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    There are differences in the AI between the modes. The hardest AI I find is in master spotlight but luckily the bots are not rated that high. Arena AI is easy but tend to hold specials. AM AI as you move into the highest of levels reduce the time needed for openings to attack/counterattack but they are usually good about giving up specials.

Keep a good risk adverse fighting strategy and it applies to all modes.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited November 2019
    @JKL thank you.
    You're right. It's my fighting style, come to think about it.
    I'm about efficiency and trying to deal as much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time.
    I dance, draw out SPs, counterattack. That's my schtick.
    Just must do better. Adapt.
    High level raids no longer teach me anything.

At the moment I can't read AM attack patterns, which is plain embarrassing. I'm terrible vs nodded bots!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    There are a lot of fights in AM, different nodes (don't fight linked if it's an issue). The problem may just be that you're not changing your play style based on the AM fight at hand and because they're long fights as oppose to raids etc that are short, that may be it
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    A lot of mods force you to fight in a rush and to die quickly. The focus power gain/repair with Shock block/block power gain are the worst of them.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    A lot of mods force you to fight in a rush and to die quickly. The focus power gain/repair with Shock block/block power gain are the worst of them.

Yes, that's why you need specific bots for them.
    Because even if you're a ninja you can't dodge a Sp3 😂
  • Slayer wrote: »

You can use Grindor or wheeljack to stop an SP3 before it fires. You’d need a lot of skill to do that though.
  • Decimus234 wrote: »
    Slayer wrote: »

You can use Grindor or wheeljack to stop an SP3 before it fires. You’d need a lot of skill to do that though.

or luck. When a an enemy has 3 bars and i try to dash to either stop/ delay, MOST OF THE TIME, they USE it IMMEDIATELY.
  • Decimus234 wrote: »
    Slayer wrote: »

or luck. When a an enemy has 3 bars and i try to dash to either stop/ delay, MOST OF THE TIME, they USE it IMMEDIATELY.

Arcee is the worst in this case.. (to me) She almost always keep her power meter until sp3 and she immediately throw it if it's complete... :/ And her sp3 is devastating in higher AM lvl even with Grimlock :/ #critseverywhere
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    i must say of all the bots i fight with jazz it's always the AM galvatron that holds onto his SP even with confusion
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    MystaJay wrote: »
    i must say of all the bots i fight with jazz it's always the AM galvatron that holds onto his SP even with confusion

Yeah, he's too tight. You can't have a power mod like his and then make him hold specials that's so cheap, to put it nicely. And then have his broken SP2-Will of Unicron trigger on top of that.

And that's another thing I hate, when Jazz's Confusion fails when you need it most. And I think Jazz's heavy still gives power with the Power Flow mod, even though they aren't supposed to gain power unless they are already Confused.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Yeah, he's too tight. You can't have a power mod like his and then make him hold specials that's so cheap, to put it nicely. And then have his broken SP2-Will of Unicron trigger on top of that.

And that's another thing I hate, when Jazz's Confusion fails when you need it most. And I think Jazz's heavy still gives power with the Power Flow mod, even though they aren't supposed to gain power unless they are already Confused.

YES!!! Jazz's heavy definitely gave power to spotlight cheetah! That's definitely cheating!
  • MystaJay wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

YES!!! Jazz's heavy definitely gave power to spotlight cheetah! That's definitely cheating!

He’s named “cheetor” what the hell did you expect?
    And since windblade and cheetah featured a lot in fog2 I've learnt not to charge in after their heavies cos they recover super quick and counters you