Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Suggestion: Alliance Mission should be able to start right after the explorations reach 100%

Currently, the Alliance Mission has to be finished within 24 hours. However, even if your alliance finishes the AM well before 24 hours, you have to wait for the 24-hr window to pass.This does not make sense.
I would suggest the AM should be able to start right after the explorations of all three groups reach 100%.

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    It's so all timezones have fair chance to complete at same pace
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    The time frame limit is there to put a soft cap on how many AM's any given Alliance can complete. If the time frame limit was removed as you suggest, top tiered alliances would be clearing multiple AM's a day, thus earning massive amounts more resources than others. AMs are not intended to be a never ending resource hub for top tiered players.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Now if it was limited to 5 completions I guess that could work but doesn't really change things you finish your bots are unlocked to use till u start next one
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I think it would be good if there was a way to get back on track, if you start late it messes up every day after, starting later and later.

If all 3 are 100% maybe we could have the option to start the next map on time again when the new day ticks over.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited August 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Now if it was limited to 5 completions I guess that could work but doesn't really change things you finish your bots are unlocked to use till u start next one

I would agree with that - like if there was a max number of AMs an alliance could complete in a week (that resets every Sunday)...then that would allow people to start new AM's whenever they were 100% completed, and help keep the current balance in tact. In some ways, that could be a better system as im sure some Alliances would be able to complete their lot of AM's within the first few days of the week - leaving your bots free to do whatever the remaining days until reset. It could also earn Kabam some $$ since they put in the AM Energy recharges into the store...members in alliances wanting to complete their lot of AMs faster would most likely need to buy a couple of those energy refills.
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    This is a good idea. Just set the max number of AMs per week. If some alliances decide to do it fast, they will have the choice.

Plus, I don't think removing this 24-hr limit will cause too much increase of rewards (some increase though) a top tiered alliance can achieve, since how fast the AM can be finished mainly depends on the "alliance energy", not by the bot ratings. Alliance energy is replenished by 1 point per hour; of course, you may purchase "alliance mission energy" from the store, however, there is a limit on how many "alliance mission energy" kits (5 as max) you may buy every day. Otherwise nobody wants to buy those "alliance mission energy" kits at all.

AM is truly the fun part of this game, where people can collaborate to achieve something.

Stitch626 wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »

I would agree with that - like if there was a max number of AMs an alliance could complete in a week (that resets every Sunday)...then that would allow people to start new AM's whenever they were 100% completed, and help keep the current balance in tact. In some ways, that could be a better system as im sure some Alliances would be able to complete their lot of AM's within the first few days of the week - leaving your bots free to do whatever the remaining days until reset. It could also earn Kabam some $$ since they put in the AM Energy recharges into the store...members in alliances wanting to complete their lot of AMs faster would most likely need to buy a couple of those energy refills.

• julius wrote: »
    Plus, I don't think removing this 24-hr limit will cause too much increase of rewards (some increase though) a top tiered alliance can achieve, since how fast the AM can be finished mainly depends on the "alliance energy", not by the bot ratings.

i can tell you this - we normally finish in about 12 hours, so without a cap and without spending any money my alliance could double the points we earned in an AM session.

Which would mean we could hit much higher milestones and get much better rewards (more T3b mainly) without having to push our bots any harder.

There's no way they'll make this change, as it would hugely push up the resources you could earn.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    I don't know why everyone is up in arms about this idea.

Put a 5 mission cap on AM and let the alliance start one whenever they want.

The suggestion has nothing to do with being able to cram more than five missions into 5 days.

It's a QoL move that would be appreciated by everyone.
  • sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    edited October 2017
    Part of the challenge and purpose is time management and keeping players engaged. Think about if you have a lazy alliance that starts first mission 12 hours in. Current system means on last day they only have 12 hours to finish. This idea would benefit those less engaged.

Also, another challenge is completing other content while your bots are tied up, and having to deal with that for the entirety of AM (instead of just a couple of days).

Don't forget you're only on map 2... there's bound to be a map 3, 4, etc.

From a technical standpoint, this will never happen. You're talking about re-architecting a system that is for all intents and purposes functioning. The cost to develop would not have a direct effect on revenue - best hope is on a sequel/sister future game.